Don't Give Up On Me

Avoiding Pretty Boy's Heart [editing]

Chapter 28: Don't Give Up On Me

Jaein had finally been approved to go to school. Her fever was gone and she felt happier. Minah had kept away her thoughts and made very close investigations on Jimin and Jaemi. She would see how bright Jimin lits up when Jaemi appears. Her head would shift back and forth between Jimin, Jaemi, and Jaein. Days past by as it was getting close to winter break which also means huge tests.

“We should go get some hot chocolate after school?” Jaemi suggested looking at everyone. BTS and Yunri nodded their heads while Minah and Jaein shook theirs.

“We have a lot of homework to get done and some studying for the upcoming tests.”

Jimin pouted, “Just for 30 minutes?”

Jaein wasn’t in the mood of drinking hot chocolate neither wasting time on her studying.

“You can study there at the café with us!” Jungkook noted and smiled. “I needed help on some homework as well~”

Jaein and Minah looked at each other.

“Please~~~~” Jimin now begged leaning his head on Jaein’s shoulder.

“As long as you guys promise to ACTUALLY study,” Jaein sighed. Jimin quickly kissed her cheek and held her hand, “We promise~”

After school had ended the 10 of them went to the nearby café and sat by the biggest table. Most of them had their books open on the table, but only Jaein and Minah were the two actually doing their work. The others were talking and joking really loud about school and their classes. Once the hot chocolate and other food came in they started eating. Jaein was hoping that they actually started on their studying but nope, they continued chatting away. Jaein shut her book causing everyone to quiet down and looked at her.

“I’m going home.” Jaein simply said packing her stuff. “Next time don’t invite me if you’re all just going to not study.”

With that Jaein left the café. Minah turned and glared at them one by one even Taehyung, “You guys promised her.”

Minah shook her head and packed her things, “Have fun chatting.”

With that Minah also left the café. BTS and Jaemi all felt guilty.

“Noona looks really pissed,” Jungkook added. Jimin then excused himself and stood up. He left the cafe and ran after Jaein and Minah. He spotted them crossing the street.

"Jaein!" Jimin called. Jaein ignored him and continued walking to the other end of the street. Jimin looked across both sides before crossing the street. He grabbed ahold of Jaein's wrist and turned her around causing her to drop her books.

"I'm sorry," he said. Jaein glared at him, "Let go of my hand."

"Let's go back and study," Jimin said.

"Go back?" Jaein let out a small annoyed laugh. "So you can talk crap about school again?"

Jimin scoffed, "I never said i was the type to study."

"But you promised me," Jaein looked into his eyes. He felt the guilt rushed through him. Jaein pulled her hand away and grabbed her book on the cement floor. "Have fun chatting with your friends."

With that Jaein walked away. Minah watched from where she backed away from the two.

"Look..." Minah said walking up towards Jimin. "You really need to pay attention to her. Just because she's your girlfriend doesn't mean she can't leave you."

Jimin furrowed his brows, "What are you trying to imply?"

Minah rolled her eyes and hit his head, "Me and Jaein had this talk not long ago..."

"A talk?" Jimin tilted his head. "About what?"

Minah sighed and then started.

"Minah..." Jaein held her knees to her chest as she sat on her bed. Minah looked at her signaling for her to continue.

"I-i've been thinking lately..." Jaein said.

"About...?" Minah trailed the word.

"I think Jimin likes Jaemi..." Jaein whispered but Minah heard her clearly.

"No girl you better not be thinking about that!" Minah stood up from where she sat down.

"How can i not?!" Jaein raised her voice. "Can't you see it in his eyes? The way he looks at her, the way he smiles at her, and especially how close he's been with her for the past few months! I understand they're supposedly best friends, but it hurts seeing how happy he is with her...it really does...it makes me feel as if i'm not good enough..."

Jaein's tears that she had held in finally came out. Minah sat down next to her and wiped her tears.

"No girl you are way better than good~" Minah hugged her and caressed her back.

"But...i'm been thinking this really hard...i really can't compete with Jaemi..." Jaein said. Minah rolled her eyes, "What are you saying?"

"She's pretty, she's smart, she has the personality of every dream girl a guy would want including...Jimin," Jaein said.

"Girl are you trying to say that you're giving up now?" Minah put her hands on her hips. Jaein sighed, "Well..."

"You're answer better be a no," Minah said. "Because the Jaein i know is fierce and doesn't want to lose in any competition. I want that Jaein. Show me that Jaein."

There was a long silence before Jaein nodded her head.

"Sorry for just lashing these out on you," Jaein whipsered. Minah laughed and shook her head, "I'm totally fine! Now let's not give up on the fight yet ok?"

Jaein nodded her head.

"I need more than just a nod," Minah looked at her. Jaein put up her hand and did an ok sign while smiling.

"She thought it so far even to the point where she would give up," Minah said looking at Jimin who hung his head in guilt. "She's your girlfriend Jimin. Treat her like one please."

With that Minah patted his shoulder and left after Jaein. Jimin lifted his head to watch her figure disappear. *what have i done...gosh i'm such a jerk!*

He hit his head, cursing himself at how stupid he was. He stopped and grabbed his phone. Jimin texted BTS that he was heading home. Well exactly he wasn't. Jimin only went home to grab his textbooks and headed towards Jaein's house. He knocked on the door and waited. Youngjae opened and glared down at Jimin.

"Since when did you study?" he asked. Jimin awkwardly smiled and asked, "Jaein's home right?"

"Yeah, upstairs studying with Minah," Youngjae replied scooting over so Jimin can enter. Jimin excused himself away from Youngjae and walked upstairs to Jaein's room. He knocked on the door.

"How many times do we have to tell you to no-," Minah yelled and opened the door stopping her sentence realizing that it was Jimin.

"Who is it?" Jaein asked and pulled the door to open all the way. Her whole body froze.

"Um, i'm here to study," Jimin scratched the back of his head.

"Well then come in!" Minah smiled and dragged him in. Jimin smiled and looked over at Jaein.

"W-why are you here?" was the first thing that came out of . Jimin felt his heart got stabbed. He hugged his books and smiled, "I'm here to study with you."

Minah coughed, "And me."

"No just her," Jimin added. Minah glared at him and grabbed her books, "Fine then, i see. Have fun...wait no! Don't have fun. There's only fun when i'm around~"

Minah left Jaein's room closing the door behind her.

"Why are you here?" Jaein asked again.

"Don't say it like that babe," Jimin said pouting. "It makes me feel even more guilty."

"I thought you weren't the type to study?" Jaein crossed her arms.

"But i promised," he smiled and sat down on the floor where Jaein's books and papers were all over the place. He patted the empty spot on the floor next to him. Jaein rolled her eyes and sat down in front of him instead of where he wanted her to sit.

"Are you going to keep doing this?~" Jimin sang and pouted.

"Study." Jaein simply said and turned her gaze towards her textbook. Throughout the night the two argued about what they were stuggling with. They even had Youngjae come in and help them. It was finally 9pm, when they closed their textbooks and called it a day.

"So we're good now right?~" Jimin smiled. Jaein shook her head and stuck her tongue out. Jimin tackled her with tickles and then hugged her tightly.

"I'm really sorry," he whispered. "Please don't give up on me."

Jaein hugged him back tightly, "I won't anymore..."

Jimin smiled and backed away from the hug placing his lips on hers. They backed away and walked downstairs.

"Be safe on the way home," Jaein said. Jimin nodded, "I'll see you tomorrow morning~"

Jaein smiled and nodded as she watched Jimin's figure disappear into the dark streets.


e
iapple's noteu
updated!~
i hope you guys enjoy it~
DID YOU ALL HEAR!!
BANGTAN BOYS IS STARTING THEIR FIRST EVER VARIETY SHOW!! ASDFGHJKL#$@#%!
AHHHH i totally can't wait for them to air it!! XD
i need it NOWWWW!
*crazy spazzing*
i don't know if you guys are feeling the same way as me but i'm just too excited.
i will not do my homework on the day of it's airing. i'm serious /.\
even if i don't understand korean. i'm going to watch it anyways!
ok i'm stawping with my ARMY feelz. i'll try to update soon~~ lovees~~~ <3