Jimin's Birthday?

Avoiding Pretty Boy's Heart [editing]

Chapter 24: Jimin's Birthday?

The following weeks Yunri had been really nice to Jaein and Minah. Every morning she would ask how Jaein and Minah are. She would greet them with smiles and even prepared them lunch to eat. She would ask if they need help with anything and would help them. Everytime Jimin or Taehyung would come near Jaein and Minah, Yunri and Hyerin would move away. Jaein and Minah were both really wondering what had gotten into the girl.

“Maybe something finally tick in her head,” Minah mumbled and shrugged. “But I’m not trusting her good-ness self. She’s probably tricking us with her image!”

Jaein sighed, “I hate to say this but I think she finally changed.”

“NO.” Minah simply said and grabbed onhold of Jaein’s shoulders. “A brat like her. I don’t think can ever change.”

“Well let’s see how long her act can go then,” Jaein said and leaned down on her textbook. “Now let’s get back to studying, I don’t want to fail my classes anymore.”

Minah nodded and the two got back to their studying. The following days Jaein arrived at school without Jimin. He had called her and told her was sick. His voice was dry and his kept coughing nonstop. She said she would visit him afterschool. He agreed but only if he brings him her rice porridge. She stepped into school as Yunri greeted her.

“Morning Jaein unnie~” Yunri smiled and bowed. “How was your sleep?”

“Ah morning Yunri,” Jaein said. “And my sleep was good…um thanks for asking.”

“I was wondering what you’re going to do for Jimin oppa’s birthday,” Yunri asked. Jaein stopped in her tracks.

“Jimin’s birthday?”

“Yeah, it’s tomorrow,” Yunri replied.

“TOMORROW?!” she screamed and looked at Yunri.

“Jimin didn’t tell you that his birthday was tomorrow?” Yunri tilted her head.

“Are you really sure it’s tomorrow?” Jaein asked. Yunri nodded her head, “You can ask BTS if you don’t trust me.”

With that Jaein ran off looking for any BTS member she could find. She then spotted Suga and Rap Monster by their class. She ran towards them and turned Suga around.

“Woah, oh Jaein,” Suga smiled.

“What’s with the rush?” Rap Monster asked.

“Is Jimin’s birthday tomorrow?” Jaein quickly asked taking in some air so she can breathe.

“October 13…yeah it’s tomorrow,” Rap Monster replied.

“!” Jaein cursed and ran off quickly to find Taehyung. The two watched as she ran off.

“TAHYUNG!” Jaein screamed his name causing him and Minah to turned and look at her.

“Are you okay Jaein?” Taehyung eyed her. Jaein tried to calm herself down and made sure her breathing level was normal before talking.

“Tomorrow is Jimin’s birthday and I don-,” Jaein didn’t even finish yet as Taehyung interrupted her, “! HIS BIRTHDAY’S TOMORROW! OH ! I TOTALLY FORGOT! ! AHHH HOW COULD I HAVE FORGOTTEN HIS BIRTHDAY?! I’M HIS BEST FRIEND! YOU’RE STUPID TAEHYUNG! OUT OF ALL THINGS TO FORGET YOU FORGOT YOUR BESTFRIEND’S BIRTHDAY!!”

“U-uh Taehyung,” Jaein tapped his shoulder so he could stop. He was still cursing himself.

“TAEHYUNG!” Minah yelled. He snapped out of it and turned to look at the two.

“Jaein was talking to you,” Minah said.

“O-oh you were saying?” he turned towards Jaein.

“I don’t know what to do,” Jaein hung her head.

“Well take him out somewhere,” Taehyun said.

“He’s sick,” she replied.

“Then go to his house and spend the day with him,” Minah said. “I’m pretty sure he will love it.”

Jaein thought about it and came up with an idea. School went by quickly and soon enough it was already over. On the way out of school Jaein dialed Jimin’s number. He didn’t answer the first time. She tried again and he finally answered.

“Hey,” his voice sounded worst than from that morning.

“Did you eat medicine yet?” she asked.

“I /cough/ did,” he replied.

“You sound worst than Youngjae,” she laughed. He laughed and coughed again.

“Are you heading /cough/ over soon?”

“Ah about that…” she trailed off.

“What?” he coughed again.

“I can’t come afterschool today Jiminnie~” Jaein said. “Something urgent came up and I have to go. I promise you I’ll be there tomorrow!”

“What?” he sounded disappointed. Jaein felt her heart dropped, “I promise okay.”

“/sigh/ ok,” he coughed again.

“You better eat your medicine okay!” she said.

“Arra,” he replied. They bid goodbye and she hung up. Jaein went home and changed into some casual clothes before leaving her house to go buy the stuff she needed for tomorrow. She searched the whole mall but found nothing that caught her eyes. She then stopped at a small jewelry stand.

“Would you like to buy something?” ahjumma asked. Jaein stepped up and looked at all the necklaces, bracelets, and rings the old lady was selling.

“These are handmade bracelets and necklaces,” the ahjumma said. “Are you interested in any?”

Jaein looked around and her eyes lay on a couple ring. She picked it up and examined it. It was none other than a mood ring. Jaein placed it on her finger and watched as the color changed from dark brown to dark blue.

“You know what that color means?” the ahjumma asked. Jaein shook her head.

“It stands for romantic,” she said. “You’re in love aren’t you?”

Jaein blushed and slowly nodded.

“Boyfriend?”

“Yeah, but he’s caught a bad cold,” Jaein replied.

“I hope he gets better soon,” the ahjumma smiled. Jaein thanked her and bought two mood rings. She smiled and bought one more thing before leaving home that day.


e
iapple's noteu
updated again~
a short one before i head out to sleep~~
leave wonderful comments so i can wake up and read them <3
here's a cute Jimin/Kookie gif for all of my subbies~~~
(i still don't know why he's calling himself fat -.- if he's a pig. i'm a whale.)