The Last of the Winter Frost

The Last of the Winter Frost

The boy sighed, and his breath appeared in the form of a small white puff of vapor in the chilled night air, before vanishing effortlessly. Clothed only in a thin and tasteful shirt, the boy shivered and closed his eyes. Noticing the cold for the first time, he blinked and stared up at the moon. Its radiance clearly outshone its twinkling companions in the night sky, with a serenity that almost completely hid the aura of loneliness that was present. A smile now tugging gently at the corners of his lips, the boy gazed at the moon with new understanding. “Is it difficult being the solitary being that you are? Tell me,  how have you managed to act flawlessly- only displaying your beauty and contentment?” He inquired quietly, and with something quite like reverence in his voice; taking a swig of beer before continuing, the boy massaged his temples gently.  This night, he didn't need much help getting drunk.  Waiting for an answer, the boy expectantly stared at the moon throughout the rest of the night.

 

This whole time, Eunhyuk had loved her. To him, it was easy as absorbing the first warm rays of sunlight at dawn.  The warmth that Eunhyuk felt from his secret love was always present, a gentle glow that managed to soothe his aching heart. Even now, his face lit up slowly with a genuine smile. Eunhyuk studied BoA as she practiced the dance to her new song, “Only One”. BoA moved gracefully, and Eunhyuk couldn't help but be distracted by the atmosphere she created when dancing; always delicate yet precise. “Hyukkie?” BoA turned to face him.  Each syllable was uttered between sharp intakes of breath as her routine came to an end. Her smile was fatigued but still reached the corners of her eyes. Eunhyuk snapped out of his reverie and his signature gummy smile appeared. In the depths of his mind, Eunhyuk prayed that only he could hear his defiantly loud heartbeat. Even after years of knowing BoA, her effect on him had remained constant.  “How's our dance going?” He asked playfully. “When did it become OUR dance?” BoA furrowed her brows together and frowned at him. “As I recalled, you only have a minor role it. One that you'll be sharing, as a matter of fact!” She continued and jokingly shoved him. Eunhyuk's smile flickered for a moment before he regained control of his expression. “Yah! Don't abuse the Dancing Machine!” he pleaded.  He would be sharing the role..and BoA. “Ha! This is abuse?” BoA grinned and pinched Eunhyuk's nose. His pout was too adorable. Suddenly, Eunhyuk's face turned startlingly serious. Grabbing BoA's wrist, he leaned closer. Everything she did tempted Eunhyuk in every way possible. Both stood still, mesmerized by the other. The contrast of amount of sound to movement was overwhelming. BoA and Eunhyuk listened to each others' quickened and shallow breathing. Eunhyuk gazed longingly into her intoxicating orbs of chocolate, looking for the answer he needed. BoA mirrored his unfazed stare while presenting questions of her own. Within the moment after Eunhyuk discovered what he had been searching for, he slowly drew his face closer to BoA's. Ever so gently, Hyukkie brought his lips to touch hers.