First Day

Just One Look
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 3: First Day

Today's the day I become a new me. I can't wait. 

I learned everything I could about Korea's high schools through dramas. Laugh at me, but dramas help calm the nerves. Well not really. I have butterflies in my stomach and I'm shaking from being so nervous about being the new kid.

Halmoni gave me a quick hug and a kiss on the cheek before letting Euyn take me to the car. 

"Don't worry about a thing Hyun, I'm sure you're bound to have a good first day." Halmoni said while patting my arm affectionately.

"I hope you're right Halmoni." I looked at her and gave her an awkward smile.

"You'll be fine child. Now go on, don't let Euyn wait for you. The poor man has enough things to worry including health."

"Take care Halmoni, and remember your appointment is today at the hospital!"

Just as I was about to get into the limosine with Euyn Ajeossi holding the door for me Halmoni said,"Wait."

She walked up to me and told me to close my eyes. I closed my eyes and i felt her put something heavy on my neck.

"Okay now open your eyes and look down." 

I gasped. Halmoni bought me a new camera. It was the newest camera - the Canon EOS-1D K. With better lenses and a zoom of x10.

"Euyn told me that you lost your camera during your flight here. Just think of this as a welcome present." Halmoni winked and walked back into the house before I could reply. 

Now that I think of it I should have yelled out thank you, but I was speechless. That's my Halmoni, always putting others before herself. I hope she's okay right now. Things like this make it harder for me to not think of the worse. Shaking my head I turned my attention back to the window. I saw a couple of shops that had little trinkets and plushies that looked adorable. Store windows were filled with cartoon chibis of famous stars like EXO and BIGBANG. I took a couple of pictures of the street and placed my new camera into my bag. I should ask Euyn how to get here on a bike so I wouldn't have to bother him.

Once Euyn drove past the market, I saw the school in all its glory. It was huge. It made Halmoni's mansion look like a tiny apartment. Aish, how am I going to find my classes.

I felt the butterflies come back and the only thing I could do that stopped me from jerking my foot around was listen to my music. 

I heard that the academy I'm going to has this famous group called VIXX. I didn't want to be the kid that doesn't know anything so I downloaded some of their songs onto my iPod. Surprisingly, they're pretty good for rookies. Well technically they're not rookies since they debuted last year, but I consider them rookies personally. 

"Miss Hyun, were here." Euyn said.

I looked up from my iPod to see that Euyn had parked us in the front and other students were going into the building as well. 

"Thank you Ajeossi!" I said quickly and opened the door of the limosine.

Taking my bag with me I left my seat and walked out of the car. Just as I was about to close the door Euyn caught my eye in the mirror.

"Miss Hyun, I know this isn't the right time to say this, but I'm afraid the airport could not retrive your camera." Euyn sadly told me.

I tried to not let the disappointment show in my face,"It's okay, I'll make new memories here in Korea. After all, Halmoni gave me a new camera. I'm sure everything will be fine!" I gave Euyn a thumbs up and closed the door. He waved at me and drove away into the distance.

I turned around to see other students walking into the school to get their schedule. Just as I began to walk a girl with a red hairband pushed me to the side. I quickly caught my balance and turned to give the girl a death glare. Sadly, she was no longer in sight to glare at, I sighed. Today was going to be a long day.

I went through the front doors and wow! The academy was breathtaking. Giant portraits of landscapes adorned the walls, trophies lined up in rows on shelves glistened in the light and photos of MVP's and staff had a gold plate behind them. My mouth was wide open in awe that a fly could have entered without me even knowing.

"Oy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter