Fall Memories

Erika Sawajiri's The Seasons of Memories

Erika Sawajiri's The Seasons of Memories ; Fall Memories

The falling of the dried leaves across the cemetery walls at the street and the rays of the sunset brings back the hurtful memories of my love. This day is the Second Death Anniversary of my beloved wife, after all that hardship for One year she gives up. I can't blame her and i don't want to see her suffering.
I seat in front of her tomb stone, I put down the flowers that I bring and removed my eyeglasses. Those days are nightmare.

"Doctor! What are you saying? She shouldn't have that kind of disease!", i said while crying in front of the doctor.

"We can't do anything about it, the cancer has spread.", the doctor said and bowed. I cry a lot at that moment, knowing my love, my wife will die soon but will suffer first.

I pick her up at the hospital park, before i came to her i wipe my tears first. "Erika! Let's go now."

"Ok!", she said then stand up. As we walk at the cherry blossoms street the street floor turns to pink because of the falling cherry blossoms. Erika really loved them.

Four months later, Erika is getting worst. She's very pathetic, the only thing that i can do as a husband is to hug her when she's crying because of the pain she feels.

One night, at the middle of our sleep. She grunts and hold her stomach because of the pain. I hurry to get her pain killer and give her a drink of water but when i get to her she vomit a blood. I put down the glass of water and the pain killer and quickly get a towel to wipe it on .

Suddenly, while crying she asked me,"Am i going to die?". I didn't answer it, i just hug her and start to cry. The feeling of being useless is what i feel at that moment, i can't do anything to ease the pain that she feels. If only i can get it from her and transfer it to me, i did.

As the day passes by, Erika's getting worst. She even says that she looks like a dead person and hysterically want to kill her self.

I just tell her to be strong and everything that is happening to her is going to be all right.

After a long year of suffering, Erika left me. She died because the cancer is all over her whole body. Her last days was a nightmare, she's extremely feeling a lot of pain. At the last minutes of my wife she said something that i will kept in mind forever.. "Ryo, in my next life. Please be my husband!".. and ever.

"You will always be with me.", i said then touch her tomb stone. I'm now walking to the favorite place of Erika, the cherry blossoms street where we first find love.

"I love you, Erika!"