Final

All Over Again
While at Chanyeol’s house the heavy rains lowered to a soft mist. The clock in Chanyeol’s kitchen read eight, almost nine, and Kyungsoo already wanted to go back home; just to run into Jongin. But there was still a chance that Jongin could be doing other things that were way more important to him at that time. But Kyungsoo didn’t want to give up so easily.

 

From the living room, Baekhyun’s drunken voice could be heard even in the kitchen where Kyungsoo stood, hovered over the stove top, preparing Chanyeol’s favorite dish of Kyungsoo’s. He could hear Chanyeol’s obnoxious laugh, but he simply ignored it as he wished that the party could be soon over. It’s not that he hated spending time with Baekhyun’s friends, he just secretly hoped that Jongin could be there with him. But since Kyungsoo’s confession, the boy stopped calling Kyungsoo. Jongin then closed himself off from everyone; even Baekhyun said that Jongin never contacted him since. Kyungsoo thought that Baekhyun’s comment was an exaggeration, but it wasn’t.

Two weeks passed after a slightly drunk Kyungsoo confessed to Jongin, and there was no word from the younger boy. No phone calls. No texts. He didn’t even bother to come over Kyungsoo’s apartment. Kyungsoo’s phone was placed on his desk and it mocked his inability to just call the boy instead of waiting for Jongin to contact him. As he laid his aching back down on the mattress, Kyungsoo began to weigh out the possibilities of the cause of Jongin’s sudden disappearance. Surely, something wasn’t right.

Instead of staying back and watching time painfully pass by, Kyungsoo dragged his body off his bed and found a dozed-off Baekhyun sprawled out on the couch as he entered the living room. Kyungsoo really didn’t want to bother his flatmate, but the burning question concerning Jongin was becoming too much for Kyungsoo to leave unanswered. A few moments passed until Baekhyun’s eyes slowly opened to small slits. His slender hands rubbed against his eyes as Kyungoo’s face came into focus.

“What the hell do you want,” Baekhyun croaked out, his sharp voice taking Kyungsoo aback.

Suddenly, Kyungsoo realized that he didn’t know how to ask Baekhyun where Jongin was. Or why he wasn’t contacting Kyungsoo. He didn’t know how, and it made him frustrated. He couldn’t find the right words; maybe it was because he was still in a shock.  But he knew that he just had to ask. He couldn’t think too much, and he just had to allow the words to spill from his mouth.

“Has Jongin contacted you…?” Kyungsoo breathed, closing his eyes; dreading the answer.

Baekhyun’s voice softened as he replied, “No. Actually, Chanyeol and Jongdae asked me the same thing…”

It was then that Kyungsoo believed Jongin really cut himself off from everyone. And Kyungsoo blamed it on himself. If only he didn’t say that he loved him. Kyungsoo wished Jongin could have told him that night that he didn’t feel the same way. He could have said something to let Kyungsoo know. But instead he stayed wrapped up in Kyungsoo’s arms on that cold night. Not a word was spoken between the two when they were needed the most.

In the car ride back to their flat, Kyungsoo wished for silence as an intoxicated Baekhyun mumbled nonsense to himself. The bright street lights flew past the car as Kyungsoo pressed his foot harder against the gas pedal. He was not rushing home, but the anxiety was growing inside him. Thoughts of Jongin from the previous rainy afternoon looped over again in Kyungsoo’s mind as he ached to see the boy’s smile once more.

Kyungsoo switched the ignition off and the sound of the rain drizzling against the roof became more audible. Looking to his right, Kyungsoo noticed that Baekhyun was passed out, probably from the alcohol. That essentially meant he had to help Baekhyun back into the apartment. It was a struggle, but Kyungsoo has done it way too many times to complain. And so, he moved to the passenger side of the car. As he opened the slippery door, the rain progressed into a heavier downpour. Kyungsoo looped Baekhyun’s limp arm around his own shoulder. With his free hand, Kyungsoo gingerly lifted Baekhyun up and out of the car. And with his hip, he slammed the wet door close. It was about halfway to the apartment door that Kyungsoo forgot the umbrella.

Letting out a small curse, Kyungsoo fumbled in his coat pocket for the keys while still trying to hold up Baekhyun. Then, a hand -that was not Baekhyun’s- slid his key into the door, pushing it open. But before Kyungsoo could mutter a thank you, the man moved passed him and held the door open. Even though his back was facing Kyungsoo, Kyungsoo could see that his dark brown hair was perfectly styled up, almost exactly like-

“It looks like he’s passed out from drinking too much. We should help him back to his-” The man began, but as he turned around, his face dropped into a dead stare. It was like he was frozen, but Kyungsoo couldn’t tell as he was also in the same state of shock and remembrance as Jongin.

Both Jongin and Kyungsoo sat in silence as they were both on the ledge of Kyungsoo’s bed. They didn’t even bother to change out of their soaked clothes even though Kyungsoo was worried that the both of them might get sick. To help, and out of desperation to make things better between the two, Kyungsoo made two cups of coffee. Jongin declined. Like exactly a month ago, nothing was said. It was until Kyungsoo wanted to change this fact that Jongin spoke before the older male had the chance.

“I’m sorry,” Jongin whispered, his voice almost breaking. Kyungsoo didn’t know how to reply, simply because he didn’t know what Jongin meant by him being sorry. Sorry for what? “I’m sorry that I abruptly left you like that…” Jongin didn’t mutter, but this time his voice trailed off into nothingness as if he was just spewing out his inner thoughts without much effort.

“I love you,” Kyungsoo stated, out of the blue, under his breath; making sure Jongin could barely hear him. But at the same time, he did that on purpose so that Jongin could in fact hear him. Kyungsoo said it in hopes of bringing back the past. Maybe this time Jongin would understand that these words were real. Maybe he could see that Kyungsoo wanted to start all over again.

Without words, Jongin leaned over and pulled Kyungsoo into a warm hug. At the moment, they didn’t care about their damp clothes, or the mug of coffee in between Kyungsoo’s thighs. They only cared for each other. And that’s all that mattered to Kyungsoo. Words weren’t needed in that moment for Kyungsoo to understand that Jongin finally accepted the fact that Kyungsoo loved him. Unconditionally.

...And that's it. I hope you guys like how it ended ^^ Please comment any feedback you have (I'ts much appreciated!)