One

All Over Again

They haven’t spoken in what seemed to Kyungsoo- months. He could no longer remember the feeling of Jongin’s warm skin against his. Kyungsoo could barely picture his lover’s weak smile when they would wake up next to each other; soaked in the morning sunlight. And to say that he missed these little things would be an understatement. But then again, he knew he should move on. Didn’t Jongin do the same?

Steady rain now poured outside Kyungsoo’s apartment window. He stared out the fogged window as he wrapped a blanket around his cold skin. His flatmate Baekhyun was engaged in the movie that was playing on their T.V. It was a typical Sunday afternoon for them, especially when the weather was this bad.

Breaking Kyungsoo from his daze, Baekhyun suddenly spoke. “Yah, Chanyeol just texted me. He’s having a party. We should go instead of just sitting around here, right?”

It took a while for Kyungsoo to find a response. Baekhyun knew that Kyungsoo was introverted, but he seemed to disregard that fact as he clicked the T.V off and walked to the door, grabbing the umbrella. Kyungsoo didn’t know what to do. Of course he wanted to stay indoors, but he felt like he should at least pretend to be happy. Just for a day.

Preparing for the heavy rain to be blown into his face, Kyungsoo kept his head low to prevent the water from getting into his eyes. Baekhyun quickly opened the black umbrella as the two of them headed out the front door. As they proceeded to Kyungsoo’s car that was parked against the yellow curb, Kyungsoo heard the sound of their front door being unlocked. Since the complex had two other flats, the door had been used by people other than just Kyungsoo and Baekhyun. Kyungsoo looked up, and when he saw who was at the front door, his eyes instantly widened. He wanted to smile, or blink, but he remained a deer in headlights as Jongin walked passed him with his head looking at the pavement below his feet; headed to his car that seemed to be parked far away. Kyungsoo was still in a daze as the man he hadn’t spoken to in months just so happened to live in the flat next to his and Baekhyun’s. Even though he wanted to catch up with Jongin, Baekhyun pulled him by his arm.

“Kyungsoo-ah, come on. The rain is getting the seat all wet. Hurry,” he said impatiently as he began to start the car.  

Kyungsoo hesitated to get in the passenger side, but something told him that he would see Jongin tonight. Maybe not at the party, but tonight afterwards. Maybe they could pick up where they had left off; a month ago when the rain was replaced with sunshine. A month ago when Jongin would smile towards Kyungsoo with his chocolate eyes. But why did he suddenly leave Kyungsoo hanging on a string? Jongin left without an explanation, but he didn’t have to have a reason. Although, Kyungsoo knew exactly why he left; he was afraid of being loved. When Kyungsoo had muttered a small, “I love you”, on a night when he was slightly intoxicated, Jongin couldn’t grasp the idea that someone other than his family loved him unconditionally.

So now if they do speak to each other tonight, Kyungsoo promised himself that he would reassure Jongin that he loved him once more. And if Jongin tried to run off again, Kyungsoo would do whatever it took to make sure Jongin knew that Kyungsoo wasn’t pretending.