Chapter 1 - On My Knees

Monkey Love Fishy III - With You To The End

E POV           

            I opened my eyes and raised my eyebrows just slightly at the crazy Fish who was kneeling in front of me. He was pouting, as per usual, and staring at me with those sad puppy eyes.

            “What do you want?” I grumbled. He’s been poking at me to wake up ever since two hours ago. When I opened my eyes, it was still pretty dark outside. I looked at him and he smiled happily.

            “I have a surprise for you!”

            “And said surprise cannot wait until the sun rises?”

            He pouted. “Of course not. Otherwise I would wake you up, silly.” I grumbled and started to wake up. I got out of the bed and proceeded to walk with him. He could be so persistent when he tried. Donghae clapped his hands happily and I couldn’t help but laugh. He led me out of the dorm and into the balcony.

            There was a table set up and suddenly, I remembered all the memories and the hardships we have shared and I looked at him. He was still smiling at me as he ushered me to a seat. The sun was just on its way up and the pink layer on the horizon was beautiful.

            He slipped into the chair next to mine and we sat there in silence. This was something we did as rookies. We had done this back in the day when the training was too much or when our schedules became too overwhelming. I looked at him and smiled. He was still smiling like an idiot with an uncontrolled bounce as he shook his feet up and down.

            Donghae reached into a basket that seemed to have miraculously appear out of nowhere and took out a croissant. He started to butter it and gave it to me. “I made this with Ryeowook yesterday when you were sleeping,” he confessed shyly and I gave him a large grin. He was so adorable.

            When I reached for the pastry, he yanked it away and tore off a piece to feed me. I blushed and looked down. “I don’t need you to feed me.” His lower lips slid into his classic fish face and I sighed. “Okay, okay.”

            He started to feed me and I ate it, surprised at how hungry I was. He was watching me intently and then he waved at me. “I brought strawberry milk too!” he laughed and started pulling out carton after carton. I laughed. He was like a kid and I wondered what exactly he was up to. He was bouncing off the walls here.

            Donghae then stood up and looked at me, his back to the horizon and he was staring at me very intently. I recognized his lip bite and knew he was nervous. “What’s up? You didn’t just wake me up for breakfast.”

D POV

            I wasn’t sure how I wanted to do it but I knew that I had to make sure that I wasn’t going to make mistakes. I was nervous and tried not to show it. But I knew he knew something was up. He kept looking at me weirdly and then he kept smiling every time I said something. I tried not to laugh too much though but it was the only way I could get rid of the intense tension in my heart.

            The sun was about the come up and I knew that I had to make my move soon. I gulped and reached into the basket once again. Then I stood up and faced him.

            “What’s up? You didn’t just wake me up for breakfast.”

            I gulped. “You’re right.” I walked up to him and dropped on my knees. I heard him give a sharp intake of breath. “Hyukkie, we’ve been together for so long. It started as jus trainees and we were friends. I really don’t know how to imagine my life without you. Even with our crazy relationship, we’ve had so many ups and downs. And we’ve finally come up to this point. Will you please marry me? This way I can have you forever guaranteed.”

             I said it all in a hurry and he just stared at me. There was more silence and I stared at him. At last he blinked. “I don’t know. I need to think about it.”

            I nodded. “No, I understand. You need to think about it. That’s completely understandable.” But inside I tasted a sourness of disappointment as if he didn’t really want to be with me.

            He stood up and walked to me. “It’s not that I don’t love you. It’s that this is so much more final. How would we explain to our parents, to our fans? There’s a lot to be considered.”

            I stepped into his arms and nodded. “I know. We’ll think about it together, please?”

            He smiled my favorite gummy smile. “Of course. We already do almost everything together anyway.”

            This was my favorite line and I smiled at him. I think everything will be okay.

            

 

And it's started :D