Guardian Angel

Sad Memories [2-Shot]

(Kikwang's POV)

It was..a tall man He was wearing a plain white t-shirt and jean. His hair was a dyed brown. "Wh- W- Who are you!?" I demanded, startled. "What are you doing in my house?!" He stared at me and gave me a grin.

He flashed a smile at me. "I'm here to help you."

"What's with all this nonsense?!" I found myself yelling.

"It's still 2AM." He pointed to the clock behind me, on the bookshelf. I turned back to see. It really was 2AM still. I looked at my watch. I glared at him. 

"What does that mean?" I asked.

"That means, it will stay 2AM until you find out what you want." He said, smirking. "Call me Khun, and believe it or not, I'm an angel." I gave him a weird look. Is he thinking that I will buy it?

"Just because of what happened, doesn't mean that I'm crazy! I know what is what. You.. are not... an angel!" I grabbed him by the collar of his shirt. "Get out!"

"Don't you want to have that chance?! The chance to bring her back?" He said as I loosened up a bit. No one knew. I let him go.

"So, why exactly are you here?" I asked him as he sat down on the couch.

"To let you have another chance. To let you have that opportunity that you've longed for." He said as I was confused. "But, you have to think up of the times that made you mad at Jiyoung. It will make you hate, but if at the end, you still love her strongly and truly, then you will get that chance. You have to realize your mistakes." 

"What?" I said almost happy.

"You have three hours, which is 5AM. If you don't realize... Jiyoung's soul will be mine." He smirked evilly.

"You're not really an angel are you?!" I glared at him.

"I couldn't resist her beauty. You could say that, I was her guardian angel." A cold chill went down my spine.

"If you were her guardian angel, why did you let her die?!" I demanded an answer.

"To be with her... And the time starts now. Either sleep and act like nothing happened and lose Jiyoung to me or get going and try to get her back." He pointed at the clock then disappeared. The clock on the bookself started ticking again. My watch did the same. 

"Only until five?" I whispered to myself. 'It will make you hate..' "Hate what?" I shook my head. 'If you don't realize... Jiyoung's soul will be mine.' Realize what? This doesn't make sense to me. I should try to realize what was my mistake. I changed into some sweats and headed outside. 2:10AM. Only ten minutes passed. I sighed of frustration. I'm not going to lose this chance. I got outside and started walking to where Jiyoung and I used to go to whenever we wanted to hang out. I was at the park. 

I remember going to Jiyoung's house every midnight. I would always climb up to her room and smeak her out to the small park that was not too far from her place. Flashbacks began. 

"Kiki!" Jiyoung smiled her sweetest smile. "Why didn't you wait at the tree?"

"Hm, because I wanted to see you earlier." I smiled then kissed her on the cheeks.

"Mmm, okay." She said and placed her hand on my cheek while I was still kissing her.

"Let's go." I said still kissing her cheek. She turned her head and kissed my lips. Then stopped and grabbed my hand. We snuck out of her house and left to the park. That was only almost every night when that happened.

There was this one time when something happened at this park. I made Jiyoung pretty jealous of me. I smiled a little bit remembering her pouts. I sat on the swing and closed my eyes to think about it.

I smiled at the girls that were looking at me and Jiyoung. I didn't know why but I just kept smiling and staring at them. They walked to me and gave me a paper with their numbers on it. I took it in front of Jiyoung... dumb move. Jiyoung got up and walked away from me. I followed her. I grabbed her hand and made her turn to look at me.

"Jiyoung, are you okay?" I asked her.

"Yes, I am." She smiled at me. I didn't expect her to smile at all. I expected her... to cry. She's strong... I couldn't have expecedt any more from her. 

"I'm sorry." I hugged her tightly.

"Ani, gwenchana." She stood still and quiet then her hands rubbed my back. I felt tears on my neck. I broke the hug to look at her. Little drips of tears traveled down her face.

"Jiyoung" I said as my hands went to wipe her tears away. "Miahnae."

She shook her head then smiled. "I'm just happy."

I gave her a confused look. She was happy that I was going to get some girl's number? "Why?" I asked her.

"Because no matter what, I would still have you and you will always be there for me." She said then kissed my left cheek. "Saranghae."

I smiled at her then to myself. "I will always be there for you. Nado Saranghae."

That was the first time I said it  after we got together. If I could have given her all my love, it wouldn't had to end like this. But... this ending.. it felt like.. it was the beginning of things...

"2:30AM." I heard Khun's voice then he appeared. "So, how's the thinking so far? Any regrets?" He smirked.

"I won't have any when I get her back!" I said with confidence! And I will get her back.

"That's good. Keep on thinking like that, I do admire your strength." He smiled. "It's my turn to tell you my story then."

"What?" I was confused.

"After you defeat me in getting Jiyoung back to you." He said then disappeared again. That was weird.. "I'm her guardian angel, whom she chose when she was younger. I appeared in her dreams. She promised she will marry me at the age of 18." I heard his voice going around.

"You lie!" I wasn't going to take this in! I can't! And I won't! Just then, I had a flashback that took place in my room. As I could remember, I came into my room and found her sleeping on the ground. I carried her onto my bed and as I carried her she hugged me tightly.

"Khun!" She whispered softly then let go of me. "Ahndweh"

"Khun? Is that some type of food?" I smiled at her and kissed her on the forehead then left the room.

"So?" I heard his voice. "Jiyoung agreed, and you heard."

Was it already time to give up knowing I don't have a chance?

"You don't hate me. You don't hate anyone else. You just hate yourself." His voice was cold and sharp. "It's 3AM."

"Two more hours..." I said taking in what he said. Maybe I didn't deserve her. Maybe she was better off with him.

"Because no matter what, I would still have you and you will always be there for me." She said then kissed my left cheek. "Saranghae."

It wasn't the time to give up! I needed to do something. Oh that's right! I needed to realize what I did wrong. I jogged back into my memories. When was another time I misunderstood her? Ah, the Taemin incident before... I grabbed for my cellphone then dialed his number.

"Hello?" He sounded like he just woke up. "Why are you calling me so late?"

"Taemin! I need your help!" I said clearly.

"On what?" He asked.

"Before that day... Why did you call... Jiyoung?" I asked him trying to remember what he said.

"No, it's okay. Sulli's here too and it would be..." He replied back.

"You still like Jiyoung huh?" I defended my position. Full jealousy attacked me.

"No hyung, it's not like that, Jiyoung and I we-" I cut him off.

"Oh, I called because we were planning for your birthday, hyung." He remembered as I was speechless, thinking. 

So... it was my fault after all. The way I acted. "Thanks, Taemin." I sighed then hung up. I brokedown into tears then punched the ground in frustration. Khun was right. I hated myself. Jealousy took over me and this whole time... Why did I misunderstand? I wasn't mad at anyone but myself. Then Khun appeared in front of me again. 

"Noticing? Are you still in love with her?" He dared asking. I took his question in to think. I didn't reply. Did I still love her? Slowly my eyelids were getting heavier and heavier.

"Kikwang!" I heard the voice I longed to hear again behind. I turned back but nothing, just pure darkness. It was so dark. I couldn't see anything. I couldn't even see my own two hands. But in that darkness... I could sense Jiyoung being there with me. I could remember everything about her features. Her eyes shining like stars. Her cheeks that are like roses. And her soft lips like feathers.

"Jiyoung?!" I said. "Where are you?!"

Then I felt two arms go around me. "Kikwang." She cried. She was hugging me from behind. My heart felt comfortable. I felt comfortable, to be with her again. 

"Jiyoung..." I started. "I'm so sorry!"

I grabbed her arms and faced her in the darkness. But something wasn't clear... I needed to ask her.

"Jiyoung, who's Khun?" I asked wanting to know.

She was silent. Then she replied. "My guardian angel."

"...Tell me Jiyoung." I was scared to ask her this. "Did you agree to marry him?"

"Ho-how did you know?" She said in shame. Lights went on. I found Jiyoung... crying. I too, found myself crying. I wiped away her tears.  She did the same. "I'm sorry."

"You didn't agree did you?" I hugged her tightly. She shook her head.

"Jiyoung." I heard Khun's voice up ahead. She hid behind me as if she was scared. "Let's go Jiyoung."

"...No Khun." She whispered. "You made me. I'm not going with you. I don't want to. Please, just please." 

"But you wanted me." He said softly. "I wanted you, and I still do."

"But..." She said.

"But what Jiyoung? You promised!" He said almost shouting but it was soft. "Tell me!" He repeated.

"I... I... I didn't know I was going to fall in love with him!" She yelled. I do love her. "Kikwang..." She whispered.

"Let's go." Khun said and grabbed Jiyoung's hands then vanished.

"No!" I cried. "Jiyoung!"

I woke up. It was just a dream. It was already 4:50AM... I sighed heavily. Khun reappeared in front of my eyes again.

"Aren't you going to give up yet?" He grinned at me.

"Never." I smirked at him. For sure, I will do anything for Jiyoung. "Jiyoung agreed to marry you, I believe that."

"Then give up already. She's not going to choose you." Khun said then looked up at the stars. "You see that moon up there? The sun that's about to rise up? Every darkness needs a light. You see, I'm dark. I need light... and Jiyoung is the light to my darkness.

"A negative and a positive doesn't make a positive." I said.

"No, you're wrong. Once you're in love... anything is possible." Khun smiled to himself still looking up.

"You're right..." I agreed with him.

"So... I get Jiyoung." He then looked at me.

"I realized, I hated, but that's not going to stop my love for Jiyoung." I smiled.

"I... I... I didn't know I was going to fall in love with him!" She yelled.

"Jiyoung agreed, but she already told you that she loves me." I needed Jiyoung... more than he needed her. Then Jiyoung appeared. She was on by his side though. "Jiyoung!" I smiled at her.

"Tell him." Khun smiled at her.

"I... I... Kikwang..." She studdered. "It's best for both of us... just to forget about each other." All the glee that was in me left.

"What are you saying? I know you still love me." I ran up to her but Khun pushed me away.

"If you love me, you would let me go." Jiyoung turned away and faced Khun.

I was speechless. I can't let her go. I can't forget her. 'Say all that you need to say to her.' I thought.

"Jiyoung..." I clenched a fist. "I love you! I can't let you go! Kajima!!! Jebal?!"

Then at that moment. Jiyoung's eyes closed. Her body fell onto the ground. She fainted... I ran to her. Khun vanished. For some reason, there was an oxygen mask. I picked it up and let Jiyoung breathe in to it, or try to. I kept looking at her face.

"Wake up Jiyoung." My vision was getting blury from my soaking wet eyes. "I don't want to lose you again!! Wake up!!" I shook her. I felt something on my hand. Soft and warm. I slowly took a glance, Jiyoung's moving. She's alive! "Jiyoung!" I smiled and hugged her. But where was this Khun?

"Kikwang." She said weakly. "Komawo."

"Komawo." I heard Khun's voice. I looked up and saw him. "You've realized, you hated, and now, you're still in love. I'll let you love her untill the very end." He smiled. "I'll make everyone forget about that day and restart everything. And knowing that Jiyoung loves you.. I had to test you."

"But why did you let that day happen?" I asked him.

"To let this happen. I wanted Jiyoung to know who she was in love with. Me or you. And I guess... she's in love with you." He curved a smile at Jiyoung then. "I'm sorry Jiyoung."

"Gwenchana." She smiled then tried getting up, I helped her. Khun snapped his fingers and we were back in my house, he disappeared. I glanced at my watch, 5:10AM. I inhaled deeply then exhaled. "I missed you, and I don't want anymore sad memories."

"I'm so sorry for everything that happened. I promise you I will take good care of you, forever. I've always misunderstood you, because you were innocent..." I took her hand and held it. "In life.. when we are born, we stumble when we first walk and needed a hand to hold onto to help each other, to protect each other, and this hand I'm holding right now, I want to hold onto forever."

Jiyoung blushed then kissed me on the lips with the soft lips she has.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Gyahhhh!!! I finished this 2 shot!! haha well, I said be prepared for anything right? Well yeahh... And Khun... I know. I tried not using him but I ended up somehow. -.- I'm sorry. Lol anyways how did you guys like this 2 shot? Not the best but yeah yanno? I wanted to write more KiYoung stories keke. Well leave a feedback behind!! ^0^ (Updated July 9th, 2011@2:37PMCalifornia/LA Time)

-Signing Out Apple!