Frozen

Sad Memories [2-Shot]

(Kikwang's POV)

"Jiyoung!" I shouted as the trigger pulled. Blood spilled out of her. She fell onto the ground... unconscious. Uncontrollably, tears trickled out of my eyes. It's not happening... This isn't happening... "JIYOUNG!" I ran to her and lifted her head from the ground. Cops came in as the man who was responsible tried to escape. "Jiyoung..." I whispered. Her eyes were closed. She suddenly turned cold. As if all the warmth vanished from her. Her lips slightly turned blue. Her skin color faded. I checked her pulse...  "This can't happen! Jiyoung! Wake up!" I hugged her tightly knowing that she had gone. "I'm sorry Jiyoung! I'm sorry!" I repeated as I cried.

"Sir, please step aside." The paramedic said and got Jiyoung onto the ambulance. I followed them inside. I held her cold hands. All I could do is blame myself for her death. Why wasn't it me who had gone? My body felt weak. My soul no longer existed. My happiness... would only exist in the past. Only once had I said I love her. My heart wanted to say that every day to her but I restricted it.

"Jiyoung..." I said. "I'm sorry... I love you."

It was too late to say that now. I was too late. My tears dried up. I tried not to cry.

We got to the hospital, into the E.R. I waited there, right outside the E.R. The others came. "Kikwang!" Seungyeon said and patted my back. "How is she?" They didn't know... I bursted into tears. I couldn't answer the question. "She's..." 

"Dead?" Gyuri said in disbelieve. They all didn't want to believe it too. All I could only do was cry. Then came in was the doctor. I already knew what they were going to say.

"I'm sorry I couldn't help her." The doctor said and walked away. 

"I.. I'm sorry. I couldn't help her." I apologized to them. "It was my fault."

"Don't blame yourself, Kikwang." Doojoon hugged me as I broke down.

"No, it's my fault. I could've shot the guy but instead I gave up and threw the gun down!" I explained.

"Kikwang, you only wanted to protect her." Hara sighed.

"That's right." Everyone said in sync. I did want to protect her. To save her. Yet I wasn't able to. I failed. It was my entire fault.

When the funeral came. I didn't go. I stayed home. Thinking of how it went. I lay down on the couch lazily thinking about her. I couldn't erase the memory of her death.

I got mad at her, over the stupidest thing ever. I remember her cell phone ringing. I picked it up. It was my cousin... Lee Taemin. "Hello?" He said.

"Hey what's up?" I answered.

"Oh, where's Jiyoung?" He asked in an almost boring voice.

"She's still getting ready." I said as I remembered Taemin liking Jiyoung.

"Oh, okay Kikwang. I guess I will talk to her later." He said in an awkward tone.

"I could give her your message." I tried breaking the awkwardness.

"No, it's okay. Sulli's here too and it would be..." He replied back.

"You still like Jiyoung huh?" I defended my position. Full jealousy attacked me.

"No hyung, it's not like that, Jiyoung and I we-" I cut him off.

"No..." I said and hung up and saw Jiyoung in front of my eyes. Did she hear everything?

"Who was it?" She asked and took the phone. As five minutes passed, it was just silence. "Kikwang? What's wrong?"

"... Nothing." I lied. "I'll wait for you outside."

"Wait! Kikwang!" She got in front of me and stopped me from walking out. "Are you still mad at me because he's my close friend?"  I turned away and tried walking but I couldn't. "You're so cute!" She pinched my cheeks then pulled me into a kiss. I pulled back after five seconds of kissing.

"Jiyoung.." I kept a straight face on. "I'll go with you to the store." The thought of Taemin and Jiyoung crushed me. I know it's stupid but it just did. It just made me feel uneasy and awkward around Jiyoung. Maybe I need a break from her? So the thought of her and Taemin would go away.

"Oh, of course you are!" She smiled sweely just the way I liked her to. "Kiki, is something wrong?" She asked almost begging for me to tell her. Maybe she sensed it...

"I'll tell you after we shop okay?" I grinned and kissed her on the forehead. I felt guilty. "C'mon let's go!" I carried her bridal way.

We got to the store and met Seungyeon, Gyuri, Hara, and Nicole. Jiyoung took off with Hara and Nicole. "I'll meet you in the food section!" Jiyoung shouted. "Oh, and I'll bring ice cream back!" Ice cream... that's how we met.. I nodded at her with a smile.

"Is something wrong Kikwang?" Seungyeon asked as if I was doing something wrong.

"No... why?" I answered.

"You lie. Tell me." She smiled those hamster eyes.

"Well..." I started. "My mind isn't doing what my heart wants..."

"What does your heart want that your mind doesn't?" She was all ears.

"I just... My heart wants to continue loving Jiyoung but my mind doesn't. I... I.. I don't like that fact that she's so close with Taemin." I admitted.

"Hm... Kikwang, you're jealous." I was kind of shocked. I'm not the kind that gets jealous... But everyone gets jealous..

"What? I'm not." I said in disbelief.

"Look, you're jealous of how close Taemin and Jiyoung are. No matter how jealous you are, just remember you have her, not him." She gave me a word of advice.

"I know.. but-" I was cut off by her.

"Listen to me carefully... Don't get yourself and Jiyoung into depression. She's head over heels for you and I know you are too. Do what your heart wants not your mind. Don't ignore her. Ignore what your mind is thinking about. But it's really your choice. Okay?" She smiled with the final words she had to say to me. I nodded in agreement. So.. I have to ignore what my mind is thinking about. After five to ten minutes or so, I went to the food section and saw my Jiyoung... she was with Taemin. I had calmed but I was kind of mad seeing them together.

"Oh he's here." I heard her say and made smiled at me.

"Hey hyung!" He grinned and waved. I slightly smiled at him. 

"Kiki, Taemin oppa ate the ice cream I had for  you." She playfully smacked him in the head. This scene made me... jealous. I grabbed Jiyoung by the hand took her outside and pinned her to the wall. "Kikwang, what wro-" I smacked my lips onto hers. I explored with my tongue. "Kikwang! What is wrong with you?!" She was angry and left inside. I guess it was because I never gave her that kind of kiss before. I walked myself in and tried to find her. "Ahh-" I heard Jiyoung scream. I followed her voice. What happened? I saw a gun on the ground. Then looking forward... I saw Jiyoung held as hostage. That scene killed part of me. I picked up the gun immediately and pointed it towards the guy.

"Let her go!" I shouted as he looked surprised. There was another man.. He had some cash from the cashier. I pointed it towards the guy. "Or else I will shoot him!" I said coldly.

"Never!" The guy holding Jiyoung smirked. "Let him go first."

Jiyoung was crying. There's no way I will never give up for her. "I don't trust you! Let go of her first! Or I will shoot you!" I eyed him. 

"Then see what will happen." He threw Jiyoung onto the ground and pointed the gun directly to her face almost ready to shoot. "It's all your fault. It's all your fault! Everything happened because of you!" He glared at Jiyoung and almost shot her. I threw down the gun. He looked at it.

"Let her go." I said sharply.

"Oppa..." She cried.

The guy smirked. Ignoring me, the worst thing happened that I never thought of. I shouldn't have threw down the gun. Thinking about that day was the worst day of my life. It ruined me. I was scarred. If I wasn't a jerk, Jiyoung would have never gotten held hostage. Just then I snapped out from the thoughts as the door was knocked.

"Kikwang, open the door! You've been stuck in there ever since. Come out and live again will you?" Doojoon's voice was heard over the bangings of the door. I was just so speechless.

"Kikwang, everyone is just waiting for you to go to the funeral."  Seungyeon said almost shouting. I ignored them all and stared at the cup Jiyoung and I made together. It was simply just a cup that said 'Kiki & Jiji'. Why did it happen? Drops fell on the cup. I'm crying? I wiped away the tears I had but they just kept on coming.

"Come on." A hand grabbed mines. I looked up and saw Gyuri and the others.

"How did you guys get in here?" I asked and stopped crying or atleast I tried. Seungyeon held up the keys that were once Jiyoung's. "Oh..." 

"Go on and take a shower, I got the suit ready for you." Doojoon said as Hara, Gyuri, Dongwoon, and Hyunseung cleaning up the living room. Seungyeon, Yoseob, and Junhyung went to my room and cleaned up there. Nicole went to the kitchen and started cooking. I went to my room and grabbed a towel and went inside the bathroom. I looked at the mirror. The reflection of myself. I sighed then took off my clothes and hit the shower.

After I took the shower everyone was in my room. I stared at them. The girls got out and the guys came to me. I changed into the suit Doojoon brought over and everyone of them made me shave. The girls came in and gave me a haircut. Ever since what happened, I didn't shave or anything. I didn't do anything. I guess I was ready. Ready to face the fact that Jiyoung's gone and getting this funeral over with. But I couldn't.

"Okay, you're ready!" Junhyung smirked at me and everyone looked awed.

"Just like the Kikwang I knew!" Nicole stated.

"The Kikwang that Jiyoung loves." Hara and Seungyeon said as I gave them a slight smile.

"It's about to start." Dongwoon was staring at his watch. "We should get going." 

With that, everyone nodded and we all left to the funeral home. Jiyoung's famly were there. They came up to me and gave me a slight smile. "I'm glad you came.." Jiyoung's father patted my back and we shook hands. I felt shameful.

"I'm sorry, I could've stopped her from..." I stopped and remembered about that day. I will never forget what I've done. I stood there shameful and useless. Filled with regret.

"It's not your fault.." Jiyoung's family started tearing with me. 

"I'm sorry.." I repeated.

After the funeral ended, I went back to my house. I fell onto ground and curled into a ball and cried as if there was no tomorrow. 'Jiyoung... Come back! I can't move on without you.' It was late. 2AM in the morning. Slowly, my eyes were closing...

"Get up!" I heard someone say. I ignored that person and looked at my watch. It was still 2AM. Still dark outside. Didn't I go to sleep? I got up immediately. I didn't recognize that voice. That voice was gone. Whatever it was, it was gone. I checked everywhere in my house to see what it was. Nothing. Was it all up in my head? I glanced at my watch, still 2AM. "I'm here." It said and appeared in front of me. It was...

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Heyy!! Apple here! Hm, how did you guys like it? I'm making this a two shot and yeahh. Sorry for updating kinda late. I have summer school and I've been having writer's block so don't expect me to update that quick. Stay tuned for the final chapter! (Updated June 30th, Thursday @5:13PM California/LA Time)

-Signing out Apple