Hot Chocolate

Delight { yeoljong one shot collection }
Sungjong got up the immediate second when his alarm went off. It was a Monday; that single day of the that every living person despised. The snow storm from the night before had settled and blankets of white coated the outside world. Sungjong was careful to not wake up his room mate, Sungyeol, since his classes didn't start until about ten o' clock. It was now seven-fifteen and Sungjong's first class started at eight-thirty.
 
The boy quickly brushed his teeth and ate a slice of toast before bundling up into his winter clothing to walk to school. He gathered together all of his belongings and stuffed them as neatly as possible into his light grey backpack. Making his way out the door, he stopped midway. He had forgotten Sungyeol's cup of cocoa. 
 
You see, every week was quite the struggle for Sungyeol. Exams, school work, and his own personal problems were all extremely stressful for him. Sungjong grew a great amount of sympathy for the other and decided to start a different cycle to their lives. He decided that starting today, he would make Sungyeol his best cup of hot chocolate and write a small motivational note for him every Monday. Sungjong dropped his bag by the door, rolled up his sleeves and shuffled through the kitchen to look for ingredients. "Milk, hot chocolate mix, whipped cream...", Sungjong muttered to himself. He got out Sungyeol's favourite mug; it had a white cartoon cat on the front with small ears sticking out of the edge. Smiling at it, he set it down on the counter and poured into the mug almost to the rim with milk. He placed it in the microwave for about a minute and a half because he didn't have time to heat the milk in a pot. As the microwave beeped, the mug was tugged out and 2 scoops of light brown powder was added to the pure white drink. As the powder dissolved, Sungjong sprayed a spiral of whipped cream onto the top. Deciding it was elegant enough, he got out a small sheet of paper from his stationary set and wrote a few quick sentences. Sungjong grabbed both the cocoa and the note and silently tip toed into Sungyeol and his shared room. He placed the drink beside Sungyeol on the side table and placed the note under the drink. Sungjong smiled gently at the face before him and slowly bent down and pecked Sungyeol's forehead. Getting up and making his way out of the room, Sungjong looked at his watch. 
 
'8:16'
 
Cursing, Sungjong tossed his backpack onto his shoulder and sprinted out the front door of their dorm.
 
It was 8:45 when Sungyeol woke up. His tired eyes glanced at his surroundings, the light that seeped from the curtains, the dullness of the lighting, and how there was no Sungjong in sight. Sitting up feeling a tang of worry, Sungyeol looked at the ticking clock on the wall. It was still early and he suddenly remembered that it was Monday. With a groan, he swung his feet off the bed. In the process, he saw his beloved cat mug with a tinge of steam still making it's way out. Sungyeol eyed it oddly, his brown orbs making their way to the small, heavily decorated sheet of stationary paper. He gently took it from under the mug and read it through:
 
Dear Sungyeollie Hyung,
 
I noticed that you have been feeling a bit down for the past few weeks, so I decided that I should do something about it. Here's a cup of hot cocoa to brighten your mood a little. I hope your day goes wonderfully! Always know that I love you very much!
 
Love, Sungjong
 
Sungyeol blushed and gently smiled to himself. Taking the cup of cocoa into his hands, he took a sip. Today was going to go beautifully.
 
 
 
~
 
Hello dear readers~ sorry for the late update > <
I'll probably have something up next week so stay tuned! ^^