Fourteen

Of Maids & Men
**this chapter is relating back to chapter 12.
 
 
 
"So what did you have to tell me, Lay?" Jongin asked as he ejected a DVD out of the DVD player. He put the disc back in it's case and placed it back on the shelf with the other DVDs. He tiptoed to reach for the movie that they had voted to watch earlier.
 
Lay smirked, flipping his chestnut-colored hair out of his eyes. "Oh yeah. So, that Kyungsoo guy." Jongin used the tips of his thumbs to pry the case open.
 
"What about him?" Jongin said cautiously, knowing his friend's vulgar nature. He turned his back to the guests to put the disc into the DVD player.
 
One of the girls rolled her eyes. "Ugh. He looked so scrawny."
 
Another one snapped her gum as she glanced at her perfectly manicured nails. "He looked kind of fat to me, Hyojin."
 
With his back still to them, Jongin scowled. Kyungsoo wasn't even chubby in his opinion. He heard the girl named Hyojin laugh. "He looks like a total loser. Are you sure he's dating Xiaoling, oppa? Why would she even stoop that low?" He hated how her voice was laced with pure disgust.
 
Jongin shrugged in response. "That's just what I assume because he comes over sometimes to visit her." 
 
Another girl scoffed. 
 
Lay released a dry chuckle. "I see the ladies aren't too fond of him either."
 
After pressing the play button, Jongin took a seat beside his friend. "You don't like Kyungsoo?"
 
The Chinese frowned deeply. "No. He was staring at your ."
 
Jongin blinked in surprise, but managed to keep his expression blank and uninterested. "That doesn't mean anything." Secretly, he hoped it did. Maybe now he had a chance with Kyungsoo.
 
Lay rolled his eyes. "You're so clueless. It means he's gay. Or has to be at least biual." A few of the girls nodded their heads in agreement.
 
Before he could say anything, Hyojin spoke up. "That's disgusting. I don't see how anyone could like someone of their own gender." She scrunched her nose, perhaps trying to look cute, but Jongin thought she looked just like a pig.
 
Honestly, he didn't even know when he started finding Kyungsoo attractive. He was supposed to be straight, right? Which was why he was probably friends with this bunch of homophobic people. He didn't think Kyungsoo was fat or pathetic or ugly or disgusting. In his opinion, Kyungsoo was adorable with his wide eyes and plump lips heart-shaped smile and narrow shoulders and petite frame and curvy hips and shyness and his-
 
"What do you think of him, Kai?" he heard Lay's voice break his thoughts. His throat went dry and his heart beat rapidly in panic, but he reminded himself to keep his face even.
 
"Me?" Lay nodded. "Uhm..I don't know him that well..we've never talked." Lies. "He sounds like a total though if he was staring at me." He pretended to scowl and tried to look deeply troubled. "That's just plain gross," he said through gritted teeth, partially trying to sound irritated and partially because he had to force himself to push the harsh words out of his mouth.
 
Lay agreed, nodding. "God, I know. I swear, if you ever turned gay, I would refuse to be your friend anymore." Jongin had to keep himself from widening his eyes. "That'll never happen though, right? Who would want to miss out with all these pretty ladies?" he purred, rubbing his hand along one girl's inner thigh while winking at the others.
 
Jongin chuckled humorlessly. "Right," he mumbled to himself with Kyungsoo's face fresh in his mind. "I'll go get snacks," he told them; however, he was barely heard over the sound of the opening theme song of the movie. He stood, but was pushed back down by a gentle hand on his chest.
 
"No need to, Kai-ssi." a familiar voice cooed. He looked up to see Sulli beaming at him with her usual bright smile, but this time there was something different in her eyes. He didn't know what it was, but he knew he should be afraid. "Lime, and I helped prepare snacks and drinks for you and the guests." She set a plate of fresh baked cookies on the table, smiling politely at Lay when he winked at her. 
 
"Kai-ssi, may you please come help me bring the other snacks? The tray is kind of heavy." she asked him, throwing in an irresistible pout for added effect. To anyone who didn't know her like he did, they would assume she was any other fragile woman asking for assistance. Jongin knew better though. Spending most of his childhood years with her, he knew from experience that she could easily throw him to the ground in a heartbeat if she ever felt the need to. There was a reason even a hot shot like Nichkhun Norvejkul was absolutely frightened of her all through his high school years.
 
Nevertheless, he agreed. He followed her to the kitchen where her smile melted off her face, replaced by a dark glower. Fear crawled up his spine. 
 
 
She got straight to the point.
 
 
"So you think Kyungsoo-ssi is a 'total ' now? You think he's gross?" she spat angrily in a hushed whisper. "Are you saying those things only to fit in with them?" 
 
Her accusation hit him like a slap in the face.
 
"No! You don't get it, Sulli." He ran a hand through his hair. "Yixing is my best friend. I can't have him hate me. He's kind of.....kind of all I have....even if I'm some popular rich kid."
 
"Oh, I get it. All for Yixing."
 
He sighed. "No, that's not what I mean. I don't even know for sure if I like Kyungsoo, Sulli," he whispered, careful not to raise his voice.
 
"That doesn't give you a reason to say those things about him!" she snapped, shoving a large porcelain tray towards him. He grunted at the force of the tray suddenly colliding with his chest. She lowered her voice again. "Aren't you decent enough to know that?" Sulli opened a cabinet door and gathered a few purplish glass plates into her arms, closing it with a nudge from her elbow.
 
"I didn't mean what I said, stop overreacting." he muttered. Her eyes sparked with anger.
 
"What did you say?" she hissed, slamming the plates onto the marble counter. "Did you say I'm overreacting?" He didn't meet her eyes. "Would I be overreacting if I told Xiaoling unnie this? Because Kyungsoo-ssi and her are friends right? If I told her and she told him, it would be ruining your chance with him right?" She furiously flung open a drawer and took out some forks and spoons. "If you think I'm overreacting Kim Jongin, you clearly do not understand why I'm yelling at you in the first place." She slammed the drawer shut, the sound echoing in the kitchen walls.
 
"Because I really don't understand why you're yelling at me!" he whispered, impatience seeping through his words. "I know that I shouldn't have said those things, but Kyungsoo isn't here right now and I don't mean what I said!" he reasoned. He watched her throw the forks and spoons on top of the stacked up plates.
 
"I'm saying that if you really do like him, you wouldn't care what they think and you wouldn't have said those things."
 
He pressed his lips together. "...But, I don't know if I like him."
 
Her eyes softened. "Jongin, trust me. You do." She gathered the plates in the her arms once again, careful not to let the utensils slide off. "I see it in your eyes."
 
With that, she exited the kitchen with Jongin following close behind her and realizing she was right.
 
- - - -
 
A/n: sorry this ss <33
-shixiin (used to be tea-with-nuest)