That Morning.

The Luckiest Day of My Life

I awoke to a distinct and wonderful lack of cameras.  I sat up, rubbing sleep from my eyes and glanced around at the other members.  Taemin was curled in a ball his head tucked against Minho's side, who was spread-eagled himself.  There was a bundle of blankets and pillows that was Onew against the wall but I couldn't find Jjong.  I looked around.   There was a person-sized lump  under the mattress next to me.  I got up and climbed over it and peeked under.   There was Jjongie, lying in flat on his stomach, mouth wide open.  I could barely suppress a giggle.  This weirdo.  I stood up and poked him with my toe.  He snorted and rolled over, deeper under the mattress.  I laughed again and stretched.  Then I went to look in on Yoogeun who usually either woke up way before any of us or much later than us. But, since he hadn't come in to wake us up, I figured he was still asleep.  I went into his room and found him sitting up, bleary-eyed in his car bed.  

"Yoogeun-ah~!" I called.  He looked over at me and smiled sleepily.  I went over and scooped him up in my arms.  He pecked my lips and settled his face into the curve of my shoulder.  Kidding around, I spun, he giggled and clung to me, woken up by the surprise rush of air.  Minho came in grinning.

"Yoogeun-ie~ appa is here."  he called, crossing over to us.  "Morning Kibum-ah"  he said as he took Yoogeun.  "Let's go get breakfast, I am so hungry I'm gonna die in like a minute."  We headed toward the kitchen.  The others weren't awake yet.  I played with Yoogeun in the room with the folding screen as Minho made food.  A little while later Taemin stumbled in, rubbing his eyes followed by a surprisingly quiet Jjong who, for a moment, I thought was sleep-walking until he scooped up Yoogeun and kissed him.  

"Morning Key."  he said, sitting and putting Yoogeun and the stuffie he was gripping into his lap.  

"Hey."  I said.  I was torn as to whether or not to confront him about that strangeness the night before but, something was holding me back, just like all the thousands of times I'd tried to tell him that I was in love with him.  I bit my lip and flopped backward.  I lay there as Jjong and Taemin, and eventually Onew-hyung played around with Yoogeun until Minho came in with breakfast.  The rest of the day was a flurry of filming and all that that meant.  I didn't have a chance alone with Jjongie until late that night.