Part 2 ~~

Let My Scars Be Healed By You

“Dammit!” Sehun punched to wall to his house. About a half hour’s drive away from the city in the deserted off road pathways stood an old shack in the middle of an overgrown front lawn. Its disintegrating timber walls and rusted tin roof made it an ideal place to die.  This was Sehun’s home, or what was left of it. The punch he gave left red scratches from the splinters and a sharp pain shot up his arm. As he knelt down he clutched his hand, holding in the blood and cries he wanted to make. How could he be so stupid as to keep his life away from her? He should have known this was coming, it wasn’t always sunshine and rainbows. For Sehun, it was always dark clouds and rain in his life.

The large bang on the door was enough for the door to open quickly, to reveal a burly man wearing sweat pants and a stained wife beater.

Sehun looked up into the man’s eyes and his own eyes became wide, “Dad.”

 

~~~~~~

 

____ was almost asleep when she heard loud rapping at the front door. She woke up and wiped the dry tears from her eyes. She wondered who would be there at this hour as she moved towards the door.

In front of her stood a broken Sehun. His once nearly healed black eye had reappeared and a new cut formed on his bottom lip.

 She instantly turned protective, “Sehun, what happe-”

“You said you wanted to know,” he cut her off as he took a hold of her arm and led her out the door to his parked pickup truck. He sat her down in the front seat, before taking the driver’s side and speeding off into the dark.

 

The drive took as long as two hours long to reach their unknown destination.  The sky was still dark in the early hours of the morning and the isolate road that lead to town was deserted like an abandoned ghost town.

Sehun pulled over to the side of the asphalt and his car to park. He let out a long sigh and turned to a confused ____.

            “What the hell?” she yelled. Sehun flinched as she nearly hit him as she swung her arms about the car.

            “Calm down ____,” he held onto her hands tightly. ____ became calm at his touch, a part of her wanted him to not let go.

            “Come with me,” Sehun said as he got out of the car, allowing ____ to follow him to the back of the truck. The back had a tarp cover on it, hiding its contents within.

            Sehun spoke up, “you said you wanted to know. I’m tired of running, so I’m going to stop.” He said as he rolled to corner to reveal what lied inside, which made ____ question Sehun’s motives.

            A double mattress with pillows and the back, with some small boxes on the side.

            “Sehun, what is this about?” ____ asked.

            Sehun laughed as he picked her up bridal style and placed her inside the tray before jumping in himself. Sehun straightened and looked into ____’s eyes as she lay on the mattress.

            “When I was little, my parents fought a lot. I don’t know remember a time when they weren’t fighting. Every day I would come home to screaming and I couldn’t do anything to stop. So I stayed quiet, always. When I thirteen, my mum died.” ____ stayed silent. “She had a drug overdose.” He began to tear up at the mention of his mother.

            “I didn’t even know what they were back then. Since then, dad became worse. The day after mum’s funeral was when he first hit me.”

            ____ gasped and held onto Sehun’s hand. ‘All this time?”

            “I was so scared of him that after years of torment I had to get out. I learnt how to drive quickly and managed to live on my own. Not in the most comfortable way though,” he suggested to where they sat. ____’s mind finally clicked.

            “You live in your car.” She stated.

            “Yep,” he replied casually.

            “Oh.” For the first time, ____ was speechless. What else could she say? “At least this explains why I’ve never been to you house.”

            “Yep,” Sehun sighed. “It’s because of him that I don’t smile, or I didn’t smile.” He turned towards ____, his dark brown orbs melting into hers.

            “Ever since you first talked to me,” ____’s eyes raised at the memory of how they met. “I became happy. A lot more happy.”

            ____ laughed, “oh really huh?”

            “Yeah,” Sehun laid back onto the mattress. “That was the first time I smiled ever since I got my license.”

            ____ laughed again at the thought of a young Sehun holding a card authenticating that he was able to drive.

            Sehun sat back up and bit his bottom lip. “That was also the first day I started to fall of you.”

            This made ____’s world stop. Everything began to slow down, yet her heart was racing a mile a minute. How could he be able to hide such a thing for so long? But did she feel the same way? Every time she was with Sehun, with his chestnut brown hair and his dark stare, butterflies would form in her stomach. Was this a bad thing? He was her best friend.

            Sehun could sense the awkward silence, so he coughed and rubbed the back of his neck. “There’s something about you, I don’t know what.” He paused to turn around to face ____. “Maybe it was because you were the first to speak openly to me, or because you make me smile. ____ kept her head low, eyes focused on her crossed hands in her lap. Sehun reached over and cupped ____’s cheek with his right hand, “or maybe it’s the glint of hope in your eyes that makes me fall for you every time I see you.” ____ lifted her face and their eyes locked. Sehun gave her a soft grin and leaned in, holding onto ____’s waist and gently pressing his lips against her soft ones.

            The kiss itself was short, but at the same time passionate and longing. ____’s hand slowly crept up from her lap to caress the back of Sehun’s hair just as he pulled away, so her fingers stayed tangled in his brown locks.

            “I’ve waited a long time to do that.” Sehun breathed.

            “So have I,” ____ sighed as she rested her forehead onto Sehun’s, not thinking after the kiss that just occurred.

            Sehun inhaled sharply at her small confession, but decided not to dwell on it. He leaned back and observed ____. Her cheeks were flushed pink and her eyes glistened as the sun began to rise from the dark.

            “____,” Sehun started. “Could you do me  huge favour?”

            “Anything.”

            “Come away with me,” ____ paused, trying to register Sehun’s request.

            “W-what do you mean?” she stuttered.

            “You, me, the truck, out on the open road.” He smiled. “Like a big road trip across the country.”

            ____ stayed silent. What would people say? Her and Sehun had left to elope, or something worse? What would her parent’s think?

            “If you don’t want to, it’s fine. But we’ll be back before graduation.”

            ____ laughed, “that’s all I needed to hear.” She wrapped her arms around Sehun’s waist and rested her head upon his shoulder.

            “So,” ____ said. “When do we leave?” Sehun just laughed.

            “As soon as possible,” he said, baring his teeth in a heart-warming smile.

            Their legs were tangled together in the in the back of a truck, watching the sunrise, watching the start of a new day.

 

~~~~~~

 

            As ____’s parents walked through the door, early from their holiday, they were surprised to find their home empty. No daughter, nor her ‘attached-by-the-hip-best-friend’. Just a note left on the granite counter in the kitchen.

 

Dear Mum and Dad,

I thought it was best to leave this in case you would come back early. I had a feeling I guess.

 

If you’re wondering where I am, by the time you read this, I’ll be on a highway with someone special. I met this person years ago, and he told me that I made him smile. The closer we became, the more I began to fall for him. I found out many of his secrets, his darker secrets.

Don’t they always say that ‘you can choose your friends, but not whom you love?’

It’s kind of like that.

We’re happy. And when you fall in love with your best friend, it doesn’t mean we’ll stop being friends. It just brings more happiness for the both of you. For the both of us. You’ll be the first to know.

I’m in love with Oh Sehun, my best friend. That is why we left for a while. To see the country, the world.

Don’t worry, you’ll see me graduate;

Love always, ____, and Sehun.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------

Authors Note:

Another story done and dusted. I really enjoyed writing Sehun, considerig he isn't my bias.... but how couldn anyone resist his precious face? Sehun stop ruining my bias list grrrr!

 

Hope you guys enjoyed this, and don't forget to check out my twitter and tumblr. Comments are a must :)

Thanks everyone :)

Andy ^^