Take Me Away

For You I Will

 

It was a great day in Sugar Rush. Kyungsoo was going about his daily routine as the town sweeper, clearing away broken candy trees to keep the town safe from the shards.

"HEY YOU, COUGH DROP!" 

Kyungsoo turned around and saw a burly giant stomping towards him. He tried running away but his round gum ball body was was too large, and his legs too tiny to carry all that sugar. 
 
"Go away, please don't eat me!" Kyungsoo screamed. No matter how much he struggled, the giant just wouldn't let go. 
 
"I'M GONNA YOU!" 
"No, please! NOO!"
 
His screams were soon muffled by the giant's forceful .  His whole body was rubbed against the sandpaper tongue and Kyungsoo felt pieces of himself dissolving away. 
 
"Stop, please!!" He pleaded the giant. 
"Then wake up, you !" It replied before him again. "WAKE UP!" 
 
Kyungsoo flinched and finally woke up from his nightmare. There was a tiny weight on his chest and he could still feel the , but this tongue was tiny and definitely did not belong to a 9 feet tall giant. 
 
"That's enough, Monggu please!" Kyungsoo said, giggling under the puppy. He was too exhausted to push him off so Kyungsoo just lay there, letting Monggu his entire face. 
 
"Wake up," a voice told him.
Kyungsoo was still half-asleep. "Monggu did you say something?"
"It's me, sleepy head!" the voice said. 
 
Kyungsoo opened his eyes and screamed. Chanyeol was sitting at the foot of his bed, smirking to himself. 
 
"How'd you get in here?!" Kyungsoo yelled.
 
"Your porch doors were open," Chanyeol said, crawling up beside Kyungsoo. "Be careful next time. I don't want any dirty bears sneaking in and touching my boyfriend." 
 
Kyungsoo's heart skipped a beat. It was the first time anyone had called him that. 
 
"The only dirty bear around here is you!" he said, jumping on Chanyeol and pinning him down on the mattress. "I'll punish you." 
 
"Not if I punish you first!" Chanyeol said, flipping him over. He held Kyungsoo's wrists down and started kissing his neck. 
 
"Stop, that tickles!" Kyungsoo laughed. Teasing him further, Chanyeol slipped a hand under his shirt and caressed his body. "Ahh, Chanyeol!" Kyungsoo gasped. He wriggled in Chanyeol's grip, struggling to set himself free.
 
"You're quite the screamer, aren't you?" Chanyeol said.
 
Kyungsoo used his remaining strength to slap him. 
 
"What was that for?!" Chanyeol said, rubbing his burning cheek.
"It. Tickles." replied Kyungsoo. 
"So you like it rough, huh?"  said Chanyeol, before getting slapped again.
"Ow, stop that!" 
"Not if you stop it first!" 
 
Chanyeol pouted and finally let go, looking like a rejected puppy whose owner just abandoned him. Kyungsoo didn't mean to hurt Chanyeol. He too was just playing around, and didn't have the balls to admit that yes, he did like it rough.
 
"Let's do that again properly." Kyungsoo said, before leaning forward and kissing him. "Good morning."
 
Chanyeol returned him a kiss on the forehead and smiled. "Moooorning," he said. 
 
"So what brings you here so early on a Sunday?" Kyungsoo asked.
"I'm hungry," replied Chanyeol, frowning and patting his empty stomach. Kyungsoo rolled his eyes and laughed, "Don't you have food at home?!"
"I do, but..." Chanyeol said, sulking to himself . "Yours tastes better." 
 
Resistance against Chanyeol's puppy eyes was futile. 
 
"Alright, I'll cook us something to eat." said Kyungsoo, dragging Chanyeol out of bed. Monggu hopped off too and followed them into the kitchen. Kyungsoo pulled out two packets of instant noodles and waved them happily in front of Chanyeol. "Ramen! Food for champions." Chanyeol just sat on the kitchen counter, staring at him blankly.
 
"It's either this or we eat Monggu," Kyungsoo said, holding up a butcher's knife. Chanyeol's face crinkled in laughter. "Be it ramen, Monggu, cats or hamsters," he said. "I'll eat anything you make for me."
 
"Aww," said Kyungsoo, tiptoeing and pecking Chanyeol on the cheek. "Best ramen ever, coming up!" He returned to the stove and prepared their hearty breakfast. Chanyeol helped cracked some eggs into the pot, and Kyungsoo praised him for not smashing them all over himself again. 
 
"Let's eat!" said Chanyeol. They shared their meal from the steaming pot, and Kyungsoo was glad to have such lovely company in the morning. 
 
"So, any plans for today?" asked Chanyeol, speaking with his mouth full.
"Why are you in such a rush? We still have...oh," Kyungsoo suddenly remembered. "School starts tomorrow, doesn't it?" 
 
It was the last day of summer vacation. Once Chanyeol goes back to college, he'd be piled with projects and assignments, and when he isn't studying he'd be busy with rugby. 
 
"Yeah," said Chanyeol, wolfing down his noodles. "Back to hell." 
 
Kyungsoo didn't know what Chanyeol meant by "hell", but he guessed that it had something to do with the intense curriculum. That's why Kyungsoo dropped out of school to work; he couldn't stand the torturous modules their community colleges had to offer. He now had mad respect for Chanyeol, and wanted to give him the best time of his life before the day was over. 
 
"Wanna go to the theme park?" said Kyungsoo, wriggling his brows. Chanyeol's face lit up, but quickly fell back down as he asked, "Aren't tickets for that place, like, 80 bucks per person?"
"My treat," said Kyungsoo. "I just want us to have fun before Monday comes." 
 
"But what about Monggu?" asked Chanyeol. "We can't bring him." 
 
Kyungsoo picked the little puppy up and spun him around in the air. "Monggu's a big boy now, he can stay home by himself. Right Monggu? Yes, sir!"
 
Chanyeol's doubts were cleared as he finally agreed to visit the theme park with Kyungsoo. He finished the ramen and helped Kyungsoo wash up. 
 
"Monggu ya," said Kyungsoo, pouring some dog food into his bowl. "Be good today, we'll be home before midnight." He kissed the puppy's head and left his food and water bowls by the kitchen.
 
"Chanyeol, let's go!" 
 
~~~
 
Kyungsoo and Chanyeol reached the park just before noon and were one of the earliest visitors there. The place was colourful and bright, making it seem lively even though not many people were around. 
 
"Race you to the roller-coaster!" said Chanyeol before dashing off on his own. Kyungsoo stumbled a little before following behind.
"It's way too early to be exercising..." he grumbled. 
 
Kyungsoo watched Chanyeol in the distance gradually slow down, so he picked up his pace and smacked Chanyeol in the back of his head as he skittered past him. "Aye, I thought we were done with the slapping!" Chanyeol yelled.
"NOPE!" said Kyungsoo, sprinting ahead. 
 
They reached the roller-coaster panting and out of breath, but their efforts paid off because they were first in line. Kyungsoo clinged onto Chanyeol's shirt and heaved, "Let's never do that again." Chanyeol laughed and pushed Kyungsoo's hair out of his eyes. "But you won!" he said. "Yeah," Kyungsoo replied. "I sure did." He knew that Chanyeol had let him win, but Kyungsoo didn't want to burst his bubble. 
 
When it was their turn to ride, Kyungsoo grabbed Chanyeol's hand and led him to the very last seat at the back. It was the most heart-pounding place to be on a moving roller-coaster, and he couldn't wait to hear Chanyeol scream his lungs out. 
 
"You ready?" asked Kyungsoo as they were being strapped in. Chanyeol pounded his chest like a gorilla and yelled, "HELL YEAH BRING IT ON!" 
 
It started with a jerk and they were soon on a leisurely ride up the first summit. The chains crackled loudly beneath them as Chanyeol anxiously bounced his legs up and down. "KYUNGSOO AH," said Chanyeol, howling over the loud mechanics.
"YEAH?"
"WHY ARE WE SHAKING?"
"YOUR LEGS," replied Kyungsoo.
"MY WHAT?!"
"YOUR LEGS," he yelled, gripping onto Chanyeol's thighs. "STOP DOING THAAAAAAAAHHH!"
They plummeted down before he finished his sentence. Kyungsoo struggled to open his eyes but he just had to force himself to look at Chanyeol's reaction.
 
Chanyeol was frowning angrily, with his eyebrows creased and his mouth open wide, bearing teeth. It felt like they were charging into war as Chanyeol let out the manliest scream Kyungsoo had ever heard. 
 
Meanwhile, Kyungsoo was having the time of his life with his hands in the air, and his hair flapping about in the wind. He decided to scream along with Chanyeol, blessing the other riders' ears with their annoyingly loud howls. 
 
When the ride was over, Kyungsoo and Chanyeol staggered out and d each other for support. "Well that was a rude awakening," said Chanyeol. 
"Tell me about it," Kyungsoo replied. They wondered around the park for a while before Chanyeol ran off again. "Where are you going now?!" Kyungsoo yelled. "Animals!!" replied Chanyeol, heading for the petting zoo. He jumped over the fence and almost landed on a guinea pig, causing Kyungsoo to scream. 
 
"PARK CHANYEOL, BEHAVE YOURSELF!" said Kyungsoo, entering the compound through the designated gate. Chanyeol ignored him, burying his face in the neck of a gentle sheep. "Waaah, so soft..." He pet its head and smiled. "Jongin would really like you."  
 
"Well if he likes them so much, why don't you bring one home for him?" Kyungsoo sneered, feeling jealous at the mention of Jongin's name.
"He wasn't allowed to have sheep," Chanyeol replied, oblivious to his sarcasm. "Monggu was the closest thing he could get that was just as fluffy." Kyungsoo snickered and thought to himself, what idiot would want to keep a sheep in their house?! 
 
Chanyeol spent the next 30 minutes hopping to each animal, attempting to interact with them. Most of the creatures scurried away when he stomped about, but the few that were brave enough to stay earned themselves a loving pat from Chanyeol. Kyungsoo, however, was having a much easier time. All the animals came to him as if he was Snow White crying alone in the forest. But despite being surrounded by these adorable creatures, he couldn't keep his eyes off his Prince Charming. 
 
"Chanyeol, get back here!" said Kyungsoo, stopping him in the midst of chasing a llama. He returned with something fat and round in his hands. 
"What is that?" Kyungsoo asked, pointing at the bird Chanyeol was holding. 
"It's a chicken!" he replied.
"Why are you holding a chicken?"
"Because," said Chanyeol, its feathers. "She was the only one who'd follow me around." 
Kyungsoo laughed and bowed to it. "You've worked hard, little one." 
Chanyeol gave it one last pat before setting it back down. "Bye Jenny!" 
"Jenny?"
"Chickens have names too, you know." 
Kyungsoo shook his head and smiled. "Of course they do." 
 
Kyungsoo and Chanyeol roamed the giant theme park for the rest of the day, enjoying ride after ride and screaming till their throats hurt. They laughed till their faces ached, and had one hell of a time behaving like little kids. 
 
"I'm bushed," said Chanyeol, dropping himself onto a bench. Kyungsoo flopped down next to him and rested his head on his shoulder. "Me too." 
They sat in silence as they away at their ice creams, watching jolly little children running about and having the time of their lives. Bright smiles were on everyone's faces, and there wasn't a single frown in sight. Kyungsoo was overwhelmed by all the positivity. Feeling extremely blessed, he turned towards Chanyeol and gave him a tight hug. 
 
"Hey, what's wrong?" asked Chanyeol, resting a hand on Kyungsoo's waist.
"Nothing," he replied. "I'm just really happy." 
Chanyeol grinned and whispered in his ear, "I'll make you even happier tonight." 
Kyungsoo felt himself blushing again as he buried his face in Chanyeol's neck. "Stop it." 
"Stop what?" Chanyeol said, bringing his face closer and teasing Kyungsoo. 
 
"Woah , is it getting hot in here or is it just me?" A cold voice called out.  Kyungsoo looked up and saw two young men wearing varsity jackets, and he figured that they were from Chanyeol's school. 
"What do you want, Kris?" said Chanyeol, sounding awfully pissed off. 
The blonde guy rolled his eyes. "What I want, is for you to stop being such a ." 
Kyungsoo's jaw dropped. Who the hell was this guy? 

"Is this your new ?" Kris said, pointing at Kyungsoo. He turned to his friend and laughed, "Hey Tao, look at that." 
Tao smirked at Kyungsoo and looked at him disgustingly. "Still as gross as the other one."
Kyungsoo was too intimidated to argue back, and Chanyeol kept his mouth shut too to avoid starting a fight. He kept Kyungsoo behind him at all times and was hoping that Kris and Tao would get bored and just leave them alone. 
"So how's life, Chanyeollie?" Kris said, taunting him further. "I see you haven't been lonely for too long. You sure are quick, aren't you? Already found a to after Jongin-" 
"SHUT UP, IT'S NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!" Chanyeol yelled, crushing the vanilla cone in his hand. 
"Oh my, what a mess!" said Tao. "I'm sure your little friend here would love to you clean." 
 
Kyungsoo's life flashed before his eyes as he smeared his ice cream all over Tao's face. 
"Run," said Kyungsoo, grabbing Chanyeol's hand and dashing off. The two of them ran as quickly as they could, ignoring the curses from Kris and Tao following behind them. They left the theme park and quickly got into their car, locking themselves in before the two idiots could catch them. Kyungsoo flipped them off one last time before driving away. 
 
"Sorry," said Kyungsoo. He drove with one hand while clutching Chanyeol's in the other. 
"Sorry for what? That was ing amazing." Chanyeol said, still in shock. 
"They might give you a hard time in school tomorrow."
"Nah," replied Chanyeol, returning to his cheery self. "Those bastards don't have the balls to beat me up on school grounds." 
Kyungsoo got worried. "What about outside school?" 
Chanyeol thought for a moment before replying, "I guess I'll just run then."
 
Kyungsoo's mind was flooded with questions, but he didn't want to bombard Chanyeol with them at the moment. It wasn't the right time and Kyungsoo was still traumatized by the verbal abuse. 
 
"I'll send you home first, you need to rest." said Kyungsoo. Chanyeol nodded wordlessly and squeezed his hand. "Thanks." 
 
When they reached Chanyeol's house, Kyungsoo walked him to his door and kissed him. He loved Chanyeol, but he wasn't sure if admitting it would be wise.
 
What I want, is for you to stop being such a .
 
Kyungsoo still had questions to ask.
 
"Thanks for today," said Chanyeol, resting his hands on Kyungsoo's shoulders. "And I'm really sorry about those two s. If they lay a finger on you, I promise to dropkick them straight to Mars." 
Kyungsoo smiled and praised him for his courage. "You watch your back too, okay? If anything goes wrong just call me."
Chanyeol nodded and hugged him again. "Goodnight Kyungsoo." 
"Goodnight." 
 
Exhausted, Kyungsoo returned home and went straight to his bedroom. He lay down for a while before realising that something was amiss; the house was unusually quiet. He sprang up and ran to the living room, looking under the sofas and coffee tables. 
 
"Monggu ya!" he called out. The bell on his collar should be bouncing around, filling the house with its soft jingles.
But this time, it was dead silent. 
"Monggu, come here!" Kyungsoo called out once again. He frantically ran around the whole house, searching high and low for the little brown poodle. 
But he was nowhere to be found. 
 
Kyungsoo started panicking as he circled the house again. He shivered from the cold as the sea breeze blew in, lightly caressing his skin.
 
, Kyungsoo thought. The porch. 
 
He found the sliding doors wide open and he cursed himself for being so careless. Monggu had slipped out, and it was all his fault.
The only thing he could do now was pray that Monggu had not gone too far. 
 
---
sorry guys! :( this story might not be continued any time soon. I am now busy with school life and it's hard to continue writing good content. 
 
One day, it will be complete.
Hopefully.
One day.
 
Till then, thanks for reading!
EXO, LET'S LOVE! 
 
:*