Consequences.

Consequences.

 "Kibum-ah, let's go out for breakfast! " yelled Jonghyun as he burst through the door of Kibum's bedroom. "Onew hyung went home yesterday and goodness knows where Minho and Taemin went…Kibummie?"
  "Hyung..." called a weak voice under the cover.
  "Kibum-ah!  What's wrong?" asked Jonghyun, his voice laced with worry.
  "Nothing, so just go away okay?"
  "Kibum-ah, you're worrying me! What happened?"
  "Nothing's wrong! So just get out!" yelled the voice under the covers.
  Worried, Jonghyun went over and flipped the cover, only to see a very haggard Kibum staring at him in shock.
  "No!" Kibum screamed as he tried to snatch the cover back. "Don't look at me!"
Jonghyun held on to the blanket and he rested his hand on Kibum’s head. ", you have a fever! What do you think you're doing, hiding under the covers?!"
  "But I look awful..."Kibum argued weakly as he fell back onto his pillow.
  "We need to take your temperature first." commanded Jonghyun as he proceeded to get the thermometer.
  "Open up."
  Kibum opened his mouth and Jonghyun slowly rested the thermometer under his tongue. After a few seconds, the thermometer started beeping violently.
  "What! It's 39.6°C! Your head must be turning into mush by now!"
  Kibum grunted in reply.
  This won't do, thought Jonghyun. "Wait here, I'll get you wet towels. Just stay here okay?"
  "You know I won't be going anywhere." sighed Kibum.

  "I need ice...and water...and sponges for a sponge bath" he counted as he gathered the things he needed. "Oh, and a towel. I should get him a glass of water too, people with fever should be hydrated right?"
  He threw the sponge into the bowl with the ice water, and slung the towel over his shoulders as he tried to carry all the items into Kibum’s room at one go. He went back to Kibum’s room to find that Kibum had slipped into slumber again. He placed the glass of water on the bedside table first, then dipped the towel into the ice water and placed it on Kibum’s head. He also wiped Kibum’s face, neck and arms gently with the sponge to cool him down.
  "Hyung..." mumbled a groggy Kibum as he woke.
  "Sorry, did I wake you?"
  "Yeah." 
  Jonghyun smiled to himself as he took the glass of water and held it in front of Kibum. "Get hydrated, and you'll be fine in no time."
  "Thanks Hyung."
  "I'm going out to get us some food at the convenience shop, would bread be fine?"
  "Hyung, I'm not hungry."
  " You still have to eat something. I'll get you chocolate bread okay? I'm going now. Be right back."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  "Hmm...I've already got the chocolate bread for Kibum, should I get the sports drinks for him too?" contemplated Jonghyun out loud. "Ahh... whatever, I'll just get it."
  "My, my! Isn't this Jonghyun of SHINee?" marveled the lady at the counter when Jonghyun went to make his payment. Jonghyun flashed a smile at the lady and said "yes." 
  "Ahh, my daughter is your fan! Can I get an autograph?" 
  "Sure!" Jonghyun signed quickly, made his payment and left.
  "Have to get home fast~" thought Jonghyun as he made his way back to the dorm.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  "Kibum-ah..." Jonghyun whispered, in fear of disturbing Kibum if he was asleep. Turning the doorknob as quietly as possible, Jonghyun peeped in and saw that Kibum was in fact sleeping. He went to the bedside and set the chocolate bread and the isotonic water down gently and looked at Kibum. He removed the towel from Kibum’s forehead, wiped the sweat off his face, and placed a new towel on his forehead. 
  Looking at the peaceful look on Kibum’s face, Jonghyun smiled as he leaned down to give Kibum a kiss on his lips.
  “Get well soon, yeobo<3” 

 

 

Afterword

  It wasn’t till 6 hours later when Kibum’s temperature went down to normal.
  “Ahh~ I feel wonderful!” he exclaimed as he ate the chocolate bread on his bedside. “Mmm… this is awesome! I should thank hyung for this!”
  “Hyung!” yelled Kibum as he walked out of his room. “I feel better now, thank you so… hyung? Hyung?!”
  Jonghyun was lying on the couch with layers of blankets around himself, shivering.
  “Hyung! What happened to you?!”
  “I…I must have caught your cold or something…” Jonghyun sniffed.
  “Gosh, I am so sorry! But Hyung, you know…” Kibum leaned down to Jonghyun’s ear.

“…this is your consequence for taking advantage of me when I was sleeping, yeobo~” he finished with a smirk on his face.