Extra Scene

A Misunderstanding

 

Extra Scene

How Chen asked Xiumin out.

After Xiumin had retaliated and stalked off, Chen had the hardest of times fighting down the blush that had risen to his cheeks. Even after the group had separated, Chen couldn’t get the fire-y Baozi out of his head. The way he had growled had just sent blood rushing south unintentionally.

As he trudged home, he set his mind. He’d make that man his.

Stopping at the nearby ice cream parlor, he paid for a cone of blueberry ice cream. It wasn’t his favorite kind but it was the one he turned to when he was confused. How the heck was he supposed to get Xiumin to date him? After all, he had just insulted it. No man in his right mind who would date him after that.

He ventured into the park across the street, absent-mindedly the frozen treat. Chen sat in one of the swings watching the kids run around all around him. A group of boys were playing soccer not to far off, badly Chen noted. A little girl had half of a sand castle built a few feet in front of him. He smiled at the innocence.

Without Chen realizing, Xiumin had entered the park, dance practice having been cancelled since none of the boys could focus on the rehearsal. He saw what was going to happen before it did.

One of the boys carelessly kicked the soccer ball away from his opponent only for it to hit the little girl right in the face. He was already running over to help her, but stopped short when someone reached her first. And he definitely was surprised to see who it was, but wasn’t too pleased by it. It was Chen.

Seeing the accident, Chen instantly sprang forward from the swing to help the girl. Entirely forgetting his cone, he dropped it, using his free hands to scoop the little crying child into his arms. He moved the ball around the castle, making sure not to mess it up and just make her cry harder. Meanwhile, the boys were rudely laughing at her. Chen bounced her, trying to quiet her down, but his face was twisted up in anger, wanting so badly to tell off those boys, but being unable to whilst she was in such distress.

Before he could get around to scolding them, a man stomped past him, grabbing the soccer ball from under his foot. “Yah!” a familiar voice shouted. Chen briefly stopped bouncing her in realizing who it was. “What do you think you’re laughing at? This is not funny! Now go apologize to her or I won’t give your ball back.”

“Hey! What? You can’t do that! That’s mine!” the boy who had kicked the ball shouted.

Xiumin laughed, raising the ball above his head. “Oh yeah, and what are you going to do about it?” That silenced the boys and they hung their heads in shame. “Now, I want you to apologize to this nice young lady for hitting her with your ball.”

“Sorry.”

Xiumin smiled in victory, handing their ball back to them. “Good boys. Now go play and be careful this time.” Chen watched in silence as the boys ran off.

By now the girl had calmed down, sniffling slightly. “Are you okay now?” The girl nodded, snuggling into his neck. “Can I know my Princess’s name?” She looked up to him.

“Minah.”

Chen chuckled, shifting her in his arms. “Well, since I soiled my ice cream when I came to your rescue, would you like to come with me and get a new one?” A smile made it’s way onto her face and she nodded excitedly. He laughed. Turning his attention to his classmate, he smiled, “Xiumin, you can come, too. My treat. Besides, it’s the least I can do after my behavior earlier. I’m sorry for that by the way. It wasn’t my place and-”

A hand clamped over his mouth, effectively shutting him up. “I’d love to come. I also have to apologize since I let my anger get the best of me and just directed it at you.”

The two stopped by the parlor, buying two blueberry cones and a strawberry cone for Minah. “Thank you oppa!” She kissed both their cheeks and ran back to the playground with her cone, a smile on her face. They watched her go, only turning away when she had plopped down back by her sand castle.

The two sat across from each other, happily enjoying their ice cream. Before long, the silence turned awkward, so Xiumin stood up. “Come on, I’ll walk you home.”

“I’m a man. You don’t need to-”

Xiumin shot him a stubborn look, telling him not to argue. “Hyung will take you home.” Chen promptly shut his mouth and led the man towards his home.

Why did Xiumin-hyung want to walk him home? So he can use it to get revenge? Chen’s eyes widened. (He thanked God that he was in front of Xiumin and thus he couldn’t see him.) Maybe Xiumin liked him as well! No, that was impossible. The only thing he did was buying him ice cream. Then again, the fastest way to a man’s heart is through his stomach; that he knew very well.

Arriving at his home, he turned to thank Xiumin only to stop short. The man had somehow managed to get blueberry ice cream on his cheek. A rush of heat swept through him. it.

Spinning his hyung around and slamming him against the wall of his house, he attacked the elder’s lips, tongue darting up to lap up the blue smudge on the beautifully pale chubby cheek. Xiumin eagerly kissed back, smirking slightly. They separated breathlessly.

Xiumin chuckled, “I didn't think you had it in you, Chen Chen.”

Chen smirked, leaning forward to nip at his lips “You purposely teased me, you little vixen.” A playful smile spread across Xiumin’s swollen lips. “So can I call you mine from now on?”

“Well, I don't know, I-” he started. A possessive growl bubbled up from Chen’s throat and the arm he had s around his waist tightened. “Of course I’m yours, you .” With that, he leaned forward and locked their lips again.


By request here is the scene. I'm sorry for the lateness of this and hope you enjoy.