Final

Definition of Love

// ANOTHER SWEET DATE //

The bell rang, students came out from their classrooms as some of them dashed to the exit, and couldn't wait to get home. For Kayeon, it was different. She needed to pick up something from her locker, which was her notebook. As she opened her locker, she noticed that there was a piece of paper slipped in between the little gap of her locker's door. It was a heart shaped post-it, something was written on it as she read it out loud.

"Always keep smiling because you're my sunshine. And without it, I can't live." Noticing the familiar handwriting, a big goofy smile was seen on her lips as she let out a soft giggle. "Jeon Jungkook, stop being so adorable."

 

-----------------------------------------------------

 

"Stupid detention." Jungkook muttered under his breath as he cleaned the sink. That day, he woke up late and Taehyung was screaming his lungs out in front of his house. Even when they arrived, the gate was closed as Taehyung suggested that they should climb over the fences. Sure, they managed to get in but apparently, the student body president Kwon Soonyoung was walking leisurely when he spotted the two jumped down from the fence. Therefore, they had learned their lesson and received the worst detention of them all, cleaning the boys' bathroom.

"Shut up, it's your fault." Taehyung remarked, he had voluntarily stood up to clean the bathroom stalls and how he regretted his decision that time. "You should be thankful that I'm the one who's cleaning all these dirty stalls." Taehyung said before he pressed his nose with his left hand as his other hand started to wipe the toilet bowl.

Out of a sudden, the door was open, revealing Soonyoung who grinned mischievously. "Good day! You guys still have to clean this bathroom until it becomes squeaky clean but I brought some extra help here." Two guys came in and Jungkook identified them as those popular students of Jaehwa. "Have fun boys!" Soonyoung winked before he closed the door, and locked it just in case if any of them were planning to escape.

"Great! It's your fault, Mingyu! If only you didn't brought me to skip class." Wonwoo complained, he leaned on the wall, arms crossing on his chest.

"My fault? Well whose brilliant idea was it to climb the fence?" Mingyu remarked.

"Guys! Stop it! We might be here until it's midnight if you don't stop talking. Now help me clean all these stalls, please?" Taehyung's voice made those two stopped their bickering.

"Fine." Both spoke at the same time while Jungkook could only wash the sink diligently, staying silent as he thought on when will they be able to finish this task. 

 

-----------------------------------------------------

 

As the bell rang, Jungkook went to the bathroom again. He swore to never make it dirty anymore because of the punishment that he earned earlier was still haunting him. He changed into something more casual. A graphic tee while he was still wearing his school pants. He checked himself on the mirror for the last time before walking out.

He tried his best not to bump into Soonyoung or his vice president, Jihoon. No matter how friendly they look like, their smart aura will never fail to creep him out. He waited for Kayeon in front of the school gates. It didn't took a lot of time until she showed up.

She also changed her school uniform into a mint green tank top, with a pair of long training pants. If it's not for a special occasion, Kayeon prefers to wear comfortable clothes.

"Noona!" He waved at her, who just walked out from the main building.

"Oh, Jungkook!" She smiled as she waved back at him. She lightly skipped her way to the school gates.

"Are you ready for our date?" He asked. He received a nod from Kayeon as an answer. He carefully took her hand as if it was the most delicate thing on Earth and intertwined their fingers together. It successfully made her blush while he could only give her a wide grin.

 

-----------------------------------------------------

 

Jungkook and Kayeon had walked around Myeongdong for about an hour. They visited a cold noodle restaurant earlier. Now that their stomach wasn't screaming for food anymore, they continued to walk around and enjoy the view of the many shops that were present.

"Can we get some bubble tea?" Kayeon hesitated for a bit before finally asking him. She has a sweet tooth, which is why she always needs something sweet after eating.

"Sure, there's a bubble tea shop right at that corner. Let's go!" Jungkook smiled and pulled her along to crowd to go to the bubble tea shop.

Once they entered the shop, Jungkook ordered two cups of pearl milk tea while Kayeon waited at the table near the window. She plugged in her earphones and played her favorite playlist on her phone.

Jungkook approached her with two cups of bubble tea on both hands. He sat in front of her, put the cups on the table and poked her arm. She was too preoccupied by the falling leaves outside as she looked out of the window.

"Your drink is here." Jungkook said. 

Kayeon immediately pulled out her earphones and answered him. "Thank you."

"You're welc--" Jungkook's words was interrupted by a voice of someone that Kayeon knew.

"Kayeon?"

"Jimin?" Her eyes grew large as she almost choke while drinking bubble tea. She looked up to Jimin, who was standing next to her. Another girl was also there and Kayeon recognized her as one of the dance club members. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm on a date with Yuhee. And... sorry for... uh, you know..." Jimin bit his bottom lip. His tongue couldn't seem to say that he dumped Kayeon before. Plus, Yuhee was standing beside him so there was no way for him to ruin another date.

"It's okay, I'm already over it anyway." Kayeon smiled. "I'm also on a date with Jungkook, if you're wondering." She chuckled.

"Oh, what a coincidence." Yuhee mumbled.

"Okay, since I don't want to ruin your date, will you excuse us because we have some plans for tonight." Jungkook cleared his throat as he grabbed onto his bubble tea and pulled Kayeon away from those two, leaving them dumbfounded.

 

-----------------------------------------------------

 

The sun was no longer seen. It was now replaced by a shining crescent moon. They sat on a bench near the Han river. Silence took over before Jungkook inhaled deeply and spoke.

"How was our date?"

"It was fun, definitely better than our first one." Kayeon chuckled.

"Noona."

"Yes?"

"I like you." He said as he turned his head to face her.

She looked a bit confused, her head was slightly tilted to the side before she let out a word. "Huh?"

"I must be lying if I said that I don't like you. So.... yeah, I like you, noona." He smiled. The way his eyes disappeared when he smiles, it made him resemble a little kid.

"What do you like about me?" She asked, curiosity and confusion was visible in her eyes.

"Let's play rock, paper and scissor. If you win, I'll answer why and if I win, you'll do one thing that I wish for." He suggested. She nodded in reply and they started playing.

"Rock, paper, scissor!" She yelled out. Her palm was balled into a fist while his palm was open wide. 

"I win!" Jungkook grinned happily as if he just won a contest.

"What's your wish, then?"

"Let's go on another date next week." He smiled. It doesn't took her long to agree and she pulled him into a hug. Flustered, his ears were bright red as he silently prayed that she won't notice that.

"Thank you." Kayeon whispered.

"For what?"

"For making me understand the true meaning of love." She smiled, pulling away from the hug.

"Eh?" He blinked several times just to make sure that he heard her right. Did she just say.... love?

"Even if it's too soon to say it, I guess you know what I mean." She stood up and started walking. Jungkook was still sitting on the bench, trying to figure out what she meant. "Aren't you going to walk me home?"

"Oh, right! Wait for me!" He stood up from his seat and ran to her. He didn't want to make any wild guesses yet about what she just said. Besides, he still has another date with her. Maybe that would answer his questions.

 

-----------------------------------------------------

 

Ending Note // How was it? I hope you guys enjoy this as much as the first installment. Sorry for any wrong grammar or spelling, I haven't proofread it as of now. Comments are always loved! C: