1-The Best of Friends

Oppa? Oppa? Eotteokhae?!

"Yah, Fany-shi, whats the answer here?" Donghae signalled Fany pointing to the test item. The teacher just left to take a phone call outside, as the students rashly, looked at each other's papers seizing the opportunity. Fany was preoccupied in answering the test, , that he didn't hear what Donghae said. Donghae being the mischievous little fishy took Fany's paper and started copying her answers at lightning speed, "Yah! Lee Donghae! give it back!" Fany started tugging on her paper, but Donghae's muscular forearm was putting its weight, giving Fany a hard time trying to get it back. Then their teacher suddenly re-entered the room and Donghae let go, causing Tiffany to flinch. Their teacher saw Fany facing to Donghae, earning her a warning. They continued answering the test with Fany sulking over being scolded. then she looked at Donghae's direction only to see the fishy smirking while doodling at his paper, cause he can't answer anymore. I hate you Lee Donghae! Fany killed Donghae in her head while trying hard to answer with only 2 minutes remaining.

Their teacher started collecting their papers, Tiffany, frowned at not being able to finish the test completely because of some fishy beside her. When the teacher finished, the class stated growing noisy since its their last period, Tiffany started arranging her things while looking at the window, she saw the sky turning orange, their teacher called their attention for some reminders, dismissing them after. She started walking down the hall hugging her books to her locker.

"YAH! FANY-SHI Chakaman!" She heard Donghae's voice ringing in her ears as he rushed down the hall to catch up with her. Donghae lost his control and crashed onto Tiffany causing her to bump to the tall figure in front of her. 

"Ah!" Fany dropped to the floor causing her books to scatter around. The tall figure stood unharmed, he truned around and lent a hand to the fallen girl who was in the middle of gathering her books, He took the books from Fany and helped her up, Fany froze at the sight of the famous Choi Siwon, the most influential person in the whole campus. Omo... Is this for real? Tiffany stared mouth-open in front of the handsome man.

Reality broke into her when Donghae took the books from Siwon's grasp, "Oh! Joesonghamnida Choi sunbae-nim!" Fany bowed 90 degrees, Siwon left, seeing how Donghae glared at him.

"What do you see in that guy? It's no question that I'm better looking than that." Donghae flashed the handsome gesture to Tiffany., but he was ignored.

Tiffany still angry at Donghae, took back her books from him and proceeded down the hall. She arrived in front of her locker with Hae still tailing his angered bestfriend. "Fany-ah mianhae" Hae continuously pleaded, but to no avail. 

 

--

 

Tiffany went home thinking about Donghae's childish acts and also her own. She thought that maybe she was a little hard on her bestfriend for puttung on such a petty act, but what also came to her mind is that she had to have a clean record because that scholarship is the only thing that's keeping her from being taken back to the states. Then another thought hit her, earlier today because of Hae's childishness she got up close to Choi Siwon, her long-time crush eversince she entered that school. As she drifted to her thoughts a familiar voice ringed in her ears, Fany stood up to check the calendar. Hmm... It's not that time of the month... Tiffany proceeded to open the door and the landlady presented a small pink box to her.

"I was on my way out when I saw your boyfriend leave this." the old lady handed the box to Fany, and she took it into her hands, seeing the tag with mianhae written on it. A smile was carved on her face.

 

"Aigoo, you young people nowadays!" The old lasy rubbed her forehead in disbelief, and added "You should fix it with your boyfriend now, he just left, he looked really sad just now." Tiffany's smile became laughter, as she found it funny that the old lady thinks Donghae is her boyfriend.

 

"Aniyo. Ahjumma, Donghae oppa is not my boyfriend." She smiled at the old lady. 

"Mwo? Why is he with you everyday? What do you kids call that nowadays?" The old lady continued to be confused. Tiffany, explained to the old lady about Donghae's relationship with her, but the landlady just left.

Tiffany laid the box on the table and grabbed her jacket, and rushed out to the park close to her block, He's probably there...

 

--

Meanwhile Donghae sat down at a ramyun stall where he and Tiffany first met a year ago. "ahjussi, one please." The store owner laid a bowl in front of him, and Donghae started to indulge himself in the warm bowl of ramyun, on a cold autumn evening. Then Donghae heard the store owner say "Oh! Annyeonghaseyo Fany-ah, anja, anja!" Tiffany sat beside Donghae, and the store owner laid a bowl in front of her. "Gomawo ahjussi!" Tiffany replied with a smile. Now Donghae's the one playing hard to get, by ignoring Tiffany. 

They finished their ramyun both without saying a word, Donghae left first leaving the payment on the table. The storeowner wondered about Donghae's strange behaviour so he asked Tiffany. "Fany-ah is something wrong with that kid? Did you fight?" Tiffany signalled the store owner that its nothing big and the store owner replied, "You know that kid just requires too much attention, go." Tiffany handed the payment to the old man, and decided to run after Donghae.

She ran around the dimly lit park with only streetlights which are far from each other, to complement the cold atmosphere, Tiffany then felt the cold air grow colder by the moment, then she saw Donghae's figure sitting on the bench beneath a lamp post. She approached her sulking bestfriend. Donghae saw Fany emerge from the shadow chilling as the cold wind blew. He couldn't help but become guilty for making his bestfriend run around outside at the weather. "Mianhae Oppa..." He heard as he stood up and wrapped his scarf around Tiffany. "Did you like it?" Tiffany vigorously nodded at him, and he apologized again. "Mianhae Fany-ah..." They started to walk back closer to Fany's apartment, Tiffany remembered the day they first met, it was exactly like that a year ago...

 

--A Year Ago--

Tiffany was a runaway from home when she arrived to Korea. She went to Korea alone under a scholarship grant to a famous art school in Seoul, she escaped because she is sick of her father always pushing things to her, even though she strongly disagrees. She found herself lost even in her native country, she only knows basic conversational, and a few terms on korean, and her proficiency is still questionable, she roughly got directions correctly, and got lost on finding the address provided to her.

Then she found herself wandering around the same park, near the ramyun stall, she realized that she was already hungry, so she proceeded into the stall. There she found Donghae enjoying a bowl of ramyun, she sat down and told the store owner ahjussi "one please" in english, she completely forgot that she was in Korea, and not in America. the store owner only showed a confused face at Tiffany, then donghae butted in "She said she'll have one." Tiffany was surprised that someone can finally understand her, she bluntly asked Donghae, You can understand english?" He only answered with a gesture showing a little. She introduced herself to Donghae in Korean, and Donghae was willing to oblige. While they were eating, Tiffany told her story why and how she wandered off, then she showed the adress slip to Donghae.

Donghae said he's willing to help her find that addres and it looks like it's only within the block. When Tiffany was about to pay she saw that her money was on dollars, and when she paid the store owner refused, so Donghae presented to pay for it. "Oh! Gomawo oppa!" Tiffany smiled at him and they exited the stall since it's starting to grow late. They continued to talk along the way, and when they realized they aready found the address, Tiffany showed her papers to the landlady. The old lady said that she was expecting her arrival, and showed her room.  Tiffany then started to grow tired, Then Tiffany's papers intrigued Donghae, he started to check, he saw that they both attend the same school, but she was an Arts major, he decided to keep it to himself to surprise Tiffany.

"Oppa, is something wrong?" Tiffany questioned. "Aniya. Don't call me Oppa anymore, just Donghae." Donghae miled at Tiffany, and she started to yawn. 

"You must be tired, you should rest now." Donghae said, while Tiffany approached her apartment room. "Oh! Donghae, Kamsahamnida! I hope I can see you again soon!" Tiffany bowed, as Donghae turned his back at Fany and smiled, he raised his hand and left the building...

 

--

 

"We're back at the same place huh?" Donghae said, while walking towards Tiffany's apartment building. "Yeah... It's been a year now." Tiffany said with a smile. "It's getting late you should go inside." Donghae insisted, and turned his back on Tiffany, but Tiffany called out to him, which stopped him from walking away. Tiffany, wrapped Donghae's scarf around his neck, Donghae unkowingly blushed at the simple act. "Kamsahamnida Oppa..." Tiffany whispered to Donghae, causing him to blush more although it is concealed by his scarf. He started walking away, but Tiffany kept calling to him, "Yah... Lee Donghae..." Donghae turned around and Tiffany said, "I'm happy to have you as my bestfriend!" She smiled and turned back at him and proceeded to go in the apartment.

Donghae tried to force a smile, but he only felt a little heartache at Tiffany's words.

Tiffany fopund the small pink box lying on the table, and she opened it, there she found a small pink cupcake, she took out her mobile and took a picture with it, and sent it to Donghae. 

 

Donghae smiled and puled his mobile closer to his chest, as he stared out of the window of the bus, but somehow the heartache is still there...

 

--

 

--Author's Note--

 

Aww...Poor Fishy...

 

Hello Reader's Jeongmal Mianhae for the super delay, I had technical problems in updating mobile and accidentally replaced the final with the draft! i hope you guys understand, and I'm hoping to update soon, probably tomorrow after my programming class.

 

HWAITING Keep anticipating and Supporting!