Of Sunshine and Flower Boy

Of Things You'll Never Forget
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                 

                 Chanyeol sat upright on his Doraemon's duvet looking at the window as the sun peeked over the hills behind the hospital. Seconds later, his ears shot up at the sound of the very familiar footsteps on the corridor. He grinned widely it hurts the corner of his mouth. The boy quickly brushed his teeth to get rid of the morning breath, washed his face squeaky clean, brushed his shoulder length brunette locks and tied a cute ponytail on top of his head and jumped into his slippers with a cute big rabbit head on it. He's ready to kick off the new day!

 

                 

                 Kris suddenly shivered when he felt someone's looking at him thoroughly as if he walked around buck when he came to work an hour ago. He frantically looking for the source of the laser beam passing through his body and he stopped at the rabbit head peeking at him right below the long curtain. He gulped and looked away when he heard a slight giggle behind the curtain.

                 Oh my god, this kid! He never stopped stalking me! Aren't you tired doing this every single day?

                 Kris pretended to be dumbfounded with the rabbit head slippers incident and walked away with a smile on his face.

 

 

                 Kris frowned at the sight of a giant baby wolf running towards him an- oh ! He was smacked right at his tummy. Then, he collapsed on the floor with disturbing sound of howling baby wolf calling his name while shaking his body non and he's still can hear it even in his unconscious state.

                 Kris slowly opened his eyes when a blindening light made its way into his hazel eyes. He put an arm across his face and all he saw was pink and yellow spots on the wall.The doctor then looked at the ceiling covered with the glow-in-the-dark stars and mysterious green slimy thing stuck . Later, he saw an apple head rested right on his chest and a hand crept to count his ribs.

                 "Ughh...Where am I?" Kris lifted his dizzy head (dizzy not from the smack earlier but the pink and yellow spots on the wall make him sick!) and stared emptily at a Cheshire smile that the baby wolf gave him. He pushed the giant baby wolf's head off his chest and quickly jumped on his two feet.

                 "Chanyeol! Stop bringing me to your err...fuc- no- ha! Pink and yellow little lab! Your room was sticking out like a sore thumb and I'm ing really hate love your little hell wonderland here!" Kris forced himself to say it and faked a smile at the pouty Chanyeol.

                 "I take that as a compliment?" Chanyeol giggled and jumped around only to receive a face look from Kris.

                 "How taught you that?!" Chanyeol shyly pointed at Kris and he confused.

                 "Me?!"

                 "They say you smelled like a grumpy old man few days ago and you answered it 'I take that as a compliment', remember?" Chanyeol giggles again. Kris bit his lips and rolled his eyes.

                 "Who said that?!!" Chanyeol ran again for his life when Kris changed into a big puppy wolf try to catch him along the corridor of the hospital's ward. His laughter filled with joy and happiness lit up the ward. It's loud and disturbing but the nurses and patients smile to hear it. Their day on that floor never get noisier than that ever since Chanyeol came to occupy the lavish room at the end of the corridor with his witty behaviour.

 

 

                 "Kris, your stalker...He's so scary! The way he look at you like he's going to chew you up anytime soon! You better run before he got you!" Luhan whispered with a hard covered file covering his mouth and looked in awe at the apple head boy who thought he was invisible enough but his neon coloured outfit and his apple head sticking out like a cherry on top of a cake. Kris sighed and waved his hand.

                 "Don't bother with him. At least he knows he can't attack me while I'm working...Arggh! Don't bite!" Luhan squirmed in horror when he was pushed to the side by cherry-on-top. The boy attacked Kris from the back and bit him right on the shoulder.

                 "L-luhan! Get him off! Please!" Kris hit Chanyeol's head with his file but his apple head blocked all the hit. After teething his chew toy , Chanyeol turned to glare at the chinese doctor and Luhan slowly smiled at him and backed off.

                 "I think I have to go! I don't want your cherry-on-top to bite me like a chesse!" Luhan quickly disappeared from his sight and he could only grunt with his hand continuously hitting Chanyeol lightly on his head which still teething at his shoulder. Chanyeol playfully bit harder before he went to catch Luhan who was frantically searching for a place to hide. Kris gave a disgust look when he felt his shoulder wetted from Chanyeol's saliva.

                 "Chanyeol, your stinky saliva!!! You better send my coat for dry-cleaning!!! How disgusting! Arghhh!!!" The nurses could only shakes their head as they knew the loud scream was Kris's from psychiatric department on the second level along with the sound of a running giant baby wolf on the floor searching for his victim.

 

                 "Dad! Hyung hit me on the head! Again!" Chanyeol ran into his father, Dr. Park Chanho and hugged him. The old man hummed and patted Chanyeol's back though his son was pretty sweaty.

                 "But it didn't hurt right? Well...You got such a big apple to protect your head!" Dr. Park poked at his son's apple head and Chanyeol giggles. He ran his hand in Chanyeol's hair to comb his hair from sticking out and messy. Kris panted from looking for Chanyeol and then he saw Chanyeol with the hospital's director.

                 "Oh. Hello, Dr. Park! It's good to see you here with your son!" Kris gritted his teeth when he saw Chanyeol smiled widely at him and showed his pearly white teeth that can make others blind. Kris sent a deathly stare at Chanyeol and Chanyeol tugged out his tongue at the tall doctor. 

                 "Stop arguing you guys! Kris, you're an adult and most of all, you're a doctor. Don't make a ruckus here with Yeollie okay? You need to surrender..." Kris pouted when the old man warned him not to get into a fight with Chanyeol. But Chanyeol's the one who started it! The inner child in his screamed quietly. Kris groaned and clenched his fist tight, still holding onto his pride as an Alpha in his weird camaraderie with Chanyeol.

                 "Kris-hyung is adult? How about me? I'm only a year younger than him! I'm 26!" Dr. Park frowned at the question but he planted a smile on his lips and lightly slapped Chanyeol on his round .

                 "You're...My baby~ Oh! You're so cute! Just like me when I was around your age!" Dr. Park pinched Chanyeol lightly on his cheek and Kris rolled his eyes and snorted. There you go. Like father, like son. Big difference on features but have the same mental age. How sweet!

                 "Stop that will ya? We're in hospital right now! Technically, your hospital old man!" Kris raised his brows and the old man laughed before he released Chanyeol from his embrace.

                 "Chanyeol! Come with me! Don't run on the corridor or I won't let you wrestle with me again!" Chanyeol waved his hand happily at his father and followed behind Kris like a little puppy. Kris caught his hand when he tried to hold the alpaca dragon's hand.

                 "Don't you ever run from me again! Just stay by my side okay? Hyung?" said Chanyeol and Kris hummed with their hand intertwined tightly.

                 "Hey! I'm the one who should be saying that!" Dr. Park shaked his head and chuckled to see his son bit on Kris' shoulder again to show his love towards the fallen angel.

                 For Chanyeol, Kris is the sunshine that lit up his life and give him supplement to start his life for tomorrow. Chanyeol is like a flower, blooms brightly under his sunshine and spread all his love endlessly for everyone especially for Kris. Though Kris doesn't show his feeling towards Chanyeol but he shows it through his act, the way he treat Chanyeol is way better than how he treat his patients and his friends. Kris shows it in a weird way that only Chanyeol could understand.

 

 

                 "Yeollie, did your head still hurt?" Kris asked with his hand on Chanyeol's head. Chanyeol rested his head on Kris's lap during the afternoon break. They silently escaped to the rooftop where they always being alone to seek some fresh air and better atmosphere.

                 "A bit but it's better now. Thanks to your laps!" Chanyeol patted his laps and grinned. Kris turned away and gulped, a bitter taste slightly came to visit his throat and his dry throat seems to disturb him while he tried to be at peace, alone with his flower boy who was looking at him eagerly from the start they stepped on the rooftop few minutes ago.

                 "Ugh...I thought you might remember some-" Kris looked into Chanyeol's brown orbs but he startled when the apple head boy put a hand on his thigh. Suddenly, the past flashed again before him and he bowed his head with a heavy sigh. Here we go again. This kind of memory makes him almost stumble everytime he tried to move on in his life but the pain seems to be unbearable whenever Chanyeol says his head hurt. He knew something would push him back further into the past, make him feels more guilty than ever.

                 "Stop blaming yourself, hyung." Kris frowned and he noticed a bead of tear slid down Chanyeol's cheek. Chanyeol remember something? Kris felt his chest tightened and the wind seems to take his breath away when another bead of tear tainted the boy's flushed cheek.

 

 

                 "Hello, I'm Park Chanyeol! I'm your neighbour! And you?" The 6-year-old Chanyeol pulled Kris's hand from his back to shake the cold hand. Kris surprised but smiled awkwardly anyway, just to make the kid in front of him happy.

                 "I'm your neighbour too?" Kris raised his brow and Chanyeol laughed loudly with his hand tapped on Kris' shoulder.

                 "I mean your name, big boy!" Kris said oh and he lightly pushed Chanyeol's hand away from him.

             

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter