Trolley for Two

I Hear Your Voice : Echoes of the Heart

Trolley for Two

 

 

"Do we really have to do this?" She frowned at him.

"Do what?" He asked innocently.

"Hold on to the trolley like this?"

"You were the one who wanted to go shopping?"

"Yes, because there's no food whatsoever at home," she shook her head at him, as if talking to a pre schooler. "But we don't have to hold on to the trolley together like this. It's claustrophobic."

She continued to snap at him.

"Either you push or I do."

"But it's more fun this way," he shrugged, giving her a grin, and giving her a soft nudge on the shoulder.  "I hardly even remember my Omma, let alone go shopping with her."

voice06-00131.jpg

"Omma? Omma? Chincha!" She stopped in her tracks and huffed indignantly. "You refused to call me noona, and now you're calling me, Omma."

He simply smiled before leaning sideways to pick up a bag of apples and placing it carefully in the trolley, before continuing to push forward.

Hye Sung had no choice but to follow suit, frustrated with his calm ways.

But secretly she was glad ... that all the earlier sadness apparent on his face seemed to vanish completely.

Replaced by a contented and happy Soo Ha.

< I thought you were my lifeline who's here to help me, but you're a chain that's holding me back. >

voice06-00020.jpg

She had said, evoking a shocked and teary Soo Ha earlier that evening.

She was upset when he accused her for being like Da Yeon and said some scathing words, before leaving him for her office.

The weird part was, as she looked out her office window towards his dejected figure left by the sidewalk, she felt just as hurt as how he looked.

 images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQpUzO60Gtll7CKpQ4YWN6

Which prompted her to go back to him for a round-about apology and dragging him to the supermarket. He too, despite not going back in his earlier words about her, was remorseful enough to paraphrase his earlier words to her - saying that she was definitely different from her sworn enemy - in a tone that nearly made Hye Sung swoon by his feet.

So now, both she and 19 year old Park Soo Ha were happily going about the cold storage area, to fill up the shopping cart with food.

Apart from a short melancholic pause in front of the market's fish tank, Soo Ha seemed very much at peace with the world.

Often smiling down at her from his tall frame, as they went around the market happily.

His face very much like a trusting little puppy.

Hye Seong could not help but to smile to herself, looking at him returning her TV dinners, and replacing them with fresh food instead.

I'm not gonna cook those, she told him mentally at one point. I'm a busy working woman, I have no time for trivial matters.

"It's ok. I'm a good cook, I'll feed you well," he smiled again.

And off he went again to gather essential ingredients and condiments.

She simply shook her head in resignation and followed his lead.

Both theirs hands still competing for space on the short trolley handle.

Again she secretly smiled at his antics.

She enjoyed their bantering sessions, just as much as she valued listening to his surprisingly intelligent input in the conversations and discussion they have.

She was also pretty surprised herself that she loved having him around the house and missed him when he was away.

Apart from feeling safe with him being in her house, she also enjoyed the company he provided.

It's like having a pet, she smiled at herself, glad that Soo Ha was busy shopping to listen in to her thoughts. All the comfort and companionship of having someone close around the house minus the hassle of love.

As her Omma said, she was married it her job.

But then again, she monologued by herself, it was only since Soo Ha reentered her life did she feel the excitement of her career.

Hye Sung was a dead wood before, going through the rigmarole of life as a mere existence.

But since Soo Ha 'came back' to her, his mind reading ability and surprisingly candid yet deep insights, have added depth to her cases and her outlook in life.

Yup, she thought, he's a useful pet to have around.

But as he turned and walk back towards her from another round of grocery fetching, he cocked his head and started to pull both the cart and her forward towards him.

With a smile so sweet you just want to hug and coddle him by; yet laced with y hormonal teenage mischievousness that can make you squirm in self consciousness. 

Making him a natural pied piper and rendering her powerless but to follow his lead.

Suddenly, Hye Sung felt a strange tug on her heart string...

... making her rethink of her earlier impression on him.

Looking at how things have turned out lately, young Soo Ha could very well be seen as the master here, and her, the pet.

Constantly waiting for her head to be patted and her ears scratched.

By him.

'Jang byun, good job!'

 

Fin

 

 

 

 
 
 
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.