Dear Choi Dongwook

The Day I Met You

To my beautiful husband,

You were always the one for me.

Would you believe me if I told you that Ive always been watching you?

Ever since high school, I would watch you with your friends; playing around and having fun.

I loved seeing your smile… I wanted to be the one that made you smile.

I had been obsessed with you; I still am. Every time you passed by me, I would automatically lean into your direction and stop myself from following after you like a lost puppy.

I knew that you would never be mine because you were too god-like to be with someone like me.

So I let you go.

Until that fateful day with your brother.

I never knew it was your brother until he told me that he was looking for you.

I knew you were watching me by the way; you were trying to spy on us but you failed because I could see you from the corner of my eye.

Then I leaned towards your brother and whispered into his ear. I bet you wanted to know what I said huh?

I whispered: “I see your brother watching us. Don’t look now, but he’s drooling.”

Little bro laughed at that.

I knew you were on your way to us so I left your brother with a lollipop.

I didn’t want to face you because I knew my feeling for you would come rushing back and this time, it would be harder to control the emotions.

Ever since that day, I avoided you. You never recognised me which was a good thing.

We graduated and everything was going well until we met again 5 years later.

By then, I had been engaged with another man. I knew that I had to forget you so I tried to get involved with someone that was completely the opposite of you.

I tried to forget about you, but I never could. You were always at the back of my mind, wherever I went.

As soon as I saw you, I had no time to react because your lips crashed onto mine.

The kiss was the single most amazing moment of my life.

The next thing I saw was you on the floor with a bloody nose and my fiancé on top of you.

I did the first thing that came to mind and that was to pull away my fiancé away from you and console him. I told him that we were over and I could never love him like I did with you.

He understood as he wanted me to be happy but as I turned around to run into your arms, you were gone.

Where did you go?

I went home that day with mixed emotions.

I felt euphoric because of our first kiss but my heart cracked when I remembered that you left.

A few days later, my friend called me and forced me to turn the TV on to Channel 5. I turned it on and what I saw brought me to tears.

It was you, singing to me on live television. At least, I think it was to me.

I cried a lot during your performance because your singing touched my heart. I always knew that you were a great singer and hoped that your dreams would come true.

After you had finished singing, you looked straight at the camera and spoke your message. I could feel your eyes piercing into my soul.

You said, “Han-Byul, if you’re watching this then I want you to know that I love you. Ive always loved you and I want you to be mine. Forever. Ever since the moment I laid eyes on you when you helped my little brother, I knew I need you in my life. I need to protect you, love you and care for you. I am the only man for the job. Have you ever wondered why my name is se7en? The day that I first laid eyes on you was the 7th of July; 7/7. That day was the day that changed my life. Day One of my life was the day I met you. Park Han-Byul, will you marry me?”

I started spazzing; my arms were flailing around the place. I couldn’t say anything. All that came out was blubababa~~~

What I didn’t realise was that you had somehow managed to make your way to my house, all the way from the television studio. You were standing behind me on your knee with the whole of the YG camera crew filming behind you.

My little outburst was probably filmed on live TV but I didn’t care. All I saw was you and flashes of our future together.

Day One of my life was the day I met you.

I can’t wait to see you again when you come back home from Japan. Little Dongwook junior misses you and can’t wait for you to come back.  He has a present for you, and so do I my love.

Waiting for you my love,

Your wife, Park Han-Byul.

p.s. your son says hi.