Dear Park Han-Byul

The Day I Met You

Dear Park Han-Byul,

You’ve always been the only one for me.

I knew that you were The One when I saw you with my little brother.

You are my soul-mate.

That one fateful day had changed my life.

The Gods above had finally sent me my angel, my saviour.

I still remember the day that I first laid eyes on you.

I had just come out of music class when I heard a commotion coming from outside the room. My friends and i ignored all the whispers since they were always fake rumours and gossips spreading; usually about us. We had carried on walking towards the cafeteria when a group of girls had come up to us and started ing about some little kid that was running around campus.

“oh emm gee, like did you guys see that scrawny, dirty kid like running around school? He was soooo totally disgusting!!! Have you seen him Dong Wook?”, one of the bimbos had said.

I had always hated hanging out with those girls.

They were so stupid and inconsiderate of other people’s feelings.

My friends on the other hand, loved hanging out with these girls because ‘they were hot and easy to bang’. Their words, not mine.

Yeah, my friends were man-.

Anyways, I had ignored them and walked away. Classes were over so people had been heading home.

Before I headed off home, I had to go to my locker to get my homework.

My locker was on the other side of the school.

I had gotten my homework out and was walking through the first floor when I passed by a window. Through that window, I saw a flash of… blue?

I had wondered what it was so I looked through the window properly and what I saw had activated my rage mode.

My little brother was being bullied by a bunch of older kids.

You see, my little brother was the chubby kid with the mint blue hair. He had probably come over to school to see me. But when he couldn’t find me, he freaked out.

That’s when I was able to put the pieces together.

The ‘dirty scrawny kid running around school’ was my little brother. And at that moment, he was being bullied.

I had never been so angry in my life before.

Just when I was about to jump out the window and kill everyone, you appeared.

You were like an angel.

You had gracefully walked towards the bullies and had gently pulled my brother away from them. You carried him away from the shouts and teasing to a secluded area near the trees.

I had seen everything.

You wiped my brother’s dirty face with your jumper and magically pulled out a lollipop from behind his ear. He had smiled.

Then you had whispered soft words to him that I couldn’t hear but it must have been something funny because he had laughed.

I wasn’t angry anymore. I was… intrigued.

I had been pretty sure that I’d never seen you before but then again, I couldn’t see your face because of the large hood covering it.

I wanted to see your face.

I started sending my little brother mental commands. My brother and I had always believed that we had a strong connection with each other; so strong that we could talk to each other in our minds.

I had been mentally telling by brother to pull her hood off but he wasn’t listening to me.

That’s when I had realised that the mind work thing didn’t work.

Just when I had been losing hope, a gust of wind blew past, pulling your hood down.

I was not disappointed by the view that I was presented with.

 You were beautiful. You had wavy brown hair that reached your shoulders, your skin was pale and flawless, and your eyes were so intense that it pierced through my soul.

I had known from that moment on that I would never forget a face like yours. You were perfection.

I wanted to thank you for protecting my brother so I had run as fast as I possibly could to you.

I remember telling myself that I was only running to you because I wanted to thank you, not because I was attracted to you.

But as soon as I ran out of school, you were gone.

My little brother came running up to me and hugged me.

I had asked him about you but he wouldn’t tell me anything.

Why wouldn’t he tell me about you?

But it didn’t matter; you had been wearing our school uniform so I knew for sure that I’d meet you again.

But I never did.

I never found you in school. I searched for you everywhere but it had been hard, considering the fact that I didn’t know your name.

I wanted to know everything about you. But I never did.

A few months passed, and it was almost graduation day. Would you believe me if I said that I had never looked at another girl the same way again? I think you had ruined me from other girls.

That’s when I had realised that I loved you.

I loved a beautiful girl who I knew nothing about and would probably never see again.

And that had hurt me.

It hurt me knowing that I’d never see you again to thank you.

To talk to you, to smile with you…To love you.

5 years had passed.

I had become a solo artist named se7en, a part of the YG family.

Being a singer had helped me express my lost feelings for you.

My feelings for you had never disappeared.

I had loved you since the moment I laid eyes on you, even though I hadn’t realised it yet.

I had thought that I would never see you again since it had already been 5 years since graduation.

But I was wrong.

I had been drinking bubble tea when I had looked out the window of my penthouse. Your face was plastered on a massive billboard.

You were a model. I don’t know why I was surprised since you had the face of an angel’s.

I couldn’t believe it. All this time you had been closer to me than I had realised. You had been a model for a company that was in partnership with YG.

I had known for sure that it was fate.

Fate had given me a chance to finally meet you.

I remember walking into your company where you were in the middle of a photo shoot.

I had waited over 5 years to meet you again.

My brain automatically shut down, letting my body take over.

I remember walking up to you and grabbing you by the waist.

In impulse, I pulled you towards me and kissed you.

I had wanted to do that for years.

Sparks flew on the places that we touched. You lips tasted like honey; honey that I wanted to be able to taste forever.

I had completely forgotten that you were in the middle of a photo shoot. All I could feel was you in my arms.

Just where you belonged.

But I was roughly brought back to reality when someone pulled me away from you and threw a hard punch on my face.

I fell on the floor, bleeding from my nose.

A muscular guy towered above me, shooting daggers at me with his eyes. He had pulled me up by the collar and started shouting in my face.

At first I couldn’t comprehend what he was saying because I was still dazed by our first kiss, but I zoned in when he said “fiancé”.

I was shocked.

My brain couldn’t interpret the fact that you were engaged with another man.

My heart stopped beating and then an immense pain spread through my chest.

But that wasn’t what had almost killed me.

Instead of you coming to help me, you rushed towards that man and started consoling him.

Him not me.

My heart tore into two. I had dropped on the floor from the pain, clutching my heart.

I had never felt this much pain in my life before.

The feeling of rejection.

I had waited too long to find you. You had already been taken by another man.

I don’t even remember what happened next. I guess I was living my life in an empty shell of a body. Weeks passed by and I went through my daily routine monotonously. During that week, I had come to a conclusion. I couldn’t live without you so I was going to get you back.

I had decided to win you back and I knew just the way to do it.

I sang for you.

I love you and will continue to do so for the rest of my life, my love.

Day One of my life was the day I met you.

From your loving husband, Choi Dong Wook.             

p.s. I’ll be home soon. Wait for me baby.