Smile

Not So Secretly in Love

 

~*~ Namjoon ~*~ 
"What the are you doing?!" I run and put my arms around her waist and bring her off the ledge, standing her up and tuning to face her before hugging her a little too tight. 
"Namjoon-ah, it's not what you think." She pats my back and I let to looking at her. 
"You were standing on top of a ledge ready to-" 
"Let go, of this." She shows me they infinity necklace she wore when I met her. 
It must have been a gift from Hyungsoo.. 
"Come on, we'll do it together." She takes my hand and we both step up in the ledge. 
"This is our end, and my new beginning." She said and stared out towards the city. 
"This is the beginning of a new bond, for all of us.." I tried to say something sentimental or meaningful.. 
She smiled and threw the necklace far, I glanced at her and saw a single tear stream down her cheek. 
"What are you guys doing?" Someone asked from behind us.
We both looked to see a sleepy Hoseok walking towards us. 
She lets go of my hand and hugs her brother.
"We made a wish~!" She smiled and slung her arm around us both, turning so we looked out towards the city. 
"Noona, it's late. Go to sleep." He said running his eyes. 
"I'm going too. Night guys, jaljayo~" she slipped out from between us and headed down stairs. 
"Wishes?" Hoseok asked. He was completely awake now. 
"She threw away the necklace Hyungsoo had given her. I was just up here with her."
He nodded. 
"Tell me something," He sat down. "Do you like my sister?" 
What do I say to that... 
 
 
~*~ JaeHwa ~*~
 
The next morning I decided to clean out my art studio. I was gonna sell it. 
I didn't want to go alone and the only one awake was Namjoon and Seokjin. I asked Namjoon  so he came with me. 
"Coffee?" I asked. 
"Sure" he replied wiping his sleepy eyes. 
Driving has gotten a lot easier since my knee healed. I haven't tried dancing yet, maybe this weekend with the boys. Maybe I'll do photography again, I liked photography. I had some clients too.. 
Oh where's my phone.. 
"Is my phone in my bag?" I asked him.  
He reached for my bag and looked at me, before realizing I was indeed giving him permission to go through my bag. 
"Here" he hands me my phone as we enter the cafe. Ugggh messages. 
2 from Hyungsoo
2 from JooHee. 
4 from my best friend, Boeun.
Boeun is on vacation in Japan, JooHee must have texted her or something. 
She asked if I was okay, then she said she knew I was okay, then she said is he okay, her last text stating only that not to hurt him so bad as to where he needs to be hospitalized. 
Oh Boeun. 
JooHee. My friend, the professional photographer. He apologized for the acts if stupid guys. Then asked if i wanted to clear my mind and hang out with him sometime. 
Hyungsoo. 
I don't really care what he has to say. But I think some of my clothes are at his house. 
He wants to talk, to end this cleanly. Oh and he wants me to pick up my clothes. Ugh. 
I reply I'll be there in 10 minutes to Hyungsoo. 
That he's not in the hospital to Boeun. 
Lastly that we could hang out on the weekend to JooHee. 
It's our turn to order, it's hot outside, but I want my favorite warm drink.. Iced? 
Nah... Tea.. 
We order and I dig through the abyss of my bag to search for my wallet. 
Namjoon pats my shoulder, "I got this one." he says with a smile.
A warm smile. 
I like this kids smile.. 
His teeth are super white, his lips are full, his jawline gets defined, his dimples show. 
Dimples... Awww...
Wait no. No no no.. 
No he can't be cute he's my brothers friend. 
He's my friend?
Friend? 
He lives in my house. 
Roommate?
Ugh why is this place so busy it's a Wednesday. 
There's a small corner of the bar area. We sit and are squashed way too close to each other. 
Our knees are touching. 
Small talk about what the plans are for the rest of the week. 
When you sit at the bar the workers bring your order to you. 
More small talk, he's talking about his sister, about their childhood, he was teased cause he's kind of dark. Not even that dark really he's just tan. In America he would be normal. 
I tried to make him feel better by saying that, so I tried rubbing his shoulder and patting his back. 
"JaeHwa unnie whose your boyfriend?" My cafe dongsaeng had asked when she gave us our orders. 
Umm awkward. 
"Oh this is my friend Namjoon. Namjoon this is cafe dongsaeng Jihyun." I said waving my hands between them. 
"Oh mian mian I thought because you two seemed so close. Here's your coffees unnie! See you next time~" She got all flustered and hurried off. 
"Heh... Couple?" Namjoon had a crooked smile and rubbed his the back of his neck. 
"Yeah... Hah.." We both stood up grabbed our drinks and walked back put to the car. 
I put my drink on top of the car and look down to find my keys from my bag. 
Am I blushing right now? 
I feel red.. What the hell is happ-
"You were cheating on me too the entire time. Already snatched yourself a new boyfriend." 
Hyungsoo.
He's here. I was suppose to go there not him come find me. 
I stopped dead in my tracks. 
My hands stopped fumbling in my purse. 
Namjoon came around the car to my side and stepped between us, he faced Hyungsoo. 
"Don't misunderstand." He said and took a step forward. 
I'm watching in the reflection of window. 
"Who are you to her? She playing you too?" He steps forward too. 
"Do you have something not to douche-y to say?" The gap between them closes. 
"Namjoon." I reach back and grab his hand, turning to face Hyungsoo but staying behind Namjoons shoulder. 
"Let's go. I don't want to be here anymore." I'm staring at Hyungsoo  with dead cold eyes. 
I unlock the car, let go of Namjoons hand and get in.
 He said something else to Hyungsoo but I couldn't hear, as soon as he got in the car I backed out and drove away. 
Why did I freeze?
That's not like me at all. 
Was I embarrassed? Ashamed maybe? 
Namjoon... What did he think of me now? Does he think I make poor choices in guys? Does he think - I don't care. 
I don't care because it doesn't matter. 
Why should I care what he thinks of me we aren't a couple we aren't dating he's my brothers friend he's my friend. 
Friend. 
Sigh.
"You okay?" He asks.
Breaking the silence in the car on the way to the studio. 
"Yeah. I'm just, sorry, you must think I'm foolish for dating him.."
"Nah, I think he's foolish for hurtin you like that. Nothing you do is foolish Noona." 
This kid... 
I smile and he laughs. 
This smile, it's happening a lot lately.. Especially around Namjoon..