The Accident

Wanted

(A/N : Sorry for updating the first chapter so late :/ 

I was thinking about how to start it off and I finally figured it out~!

I hope all of you enjoy it ^^)

 

Narrator's POV 

***CRASH***

Little Young Soon's eyes widened when she saw the massive 18-wheeler crushing the side of her father's car in slow-motion. The door caved in until the 7 year old was sure her small frame would be crushed and she felt her body set on fire as she sensed the breaking of her ribs which probably punctured one of her lungs. It all happened so quickly, the ambulance and police came to rush her and her brother, Chanyeol, to the nearest hospital with the proper machines that could perform on patients with such severe wounds. The last thing she heard was her dear brother's voice calling out for her. She smiled at the thought of him being overprotective once again and surrendered to the dark with a hot, salty tear rolling down the side of her clammy cheek.

 

- 15 days later -

Young Soon's eyes fluttered open as she tried sitting up. She ignored the burning sensation coursing throughout her entire body and looked around the room. She then remembered the car accident and frantically looked around the room to see her father's secretary, Kim Mi Na. The elder gasped with relief when she saw that the small girl had finally gained consciousness and rushed to her side. Cupping the child's burning hot cheeks with both her hands she asked hurriedly, "Young Soon ah! Are you okay?! Do you feel any pain?"

Grinning forcefully, the young girl looked Mi Na in the eyes and asked her desperately, "I'm fine Unni. Where's Dad?"

"He went on a business trip and as soon as he heard the news about you and Chanyeol he scheduled a flight back to Korea as soon as he could, but there wasn't one until tomorrow. He'll be back two days from now."

"Oh... okay. Thank you Unni. So where's Chanyeol?"

It was obvious to the young girl that the secretary was hesitant in her reply and was trying to hide something from her. Using more force in her words Young Soon asked again, "Where's Chanyeol?"

Young Soon was apologetic towards Mi Na, but she had to know and asked once more, "Where. Is. Chanyeol."

Unable to look the 7 year old in the eye Mi Na played around with her hands and found an interest in her simple, ballet flats. Finally, what seemed like an eternity, she answered meekly, "He didn't make it Young Soon... The operation wasn't a success."

The young girl's eyes filled with tears begging to fall and gripped the thick blanket covering her body firmly. She thought back to the accident and was sure that she had been on the side that received most of the force and shook her head, the tears flying through the air, "There's no way Chanyeol didn't make it. I was hurt more badly than him!! There's no way he didn't make it!!! Please Mi Na tell me this is all a joke!!!!!!"

The 23 year old shook her head silently as her own tears streamed down her face and said, "He did it for you. The doctors said that you were running out of blood too quickly and the Blood Bank didn't have O at the time, but luckily your brother and your blood can be transfused. He was already losing a lot of his own so he sacrificed his remaining blood for you."

Young Soon shook her head once again and shrieked, "Chanyeol was such a stupid brother. Why did he do it?! Why didn't someone stop him?!?!?!"

"It was his last wish."

The young girl's head shot up as she met the tall doctor's gaze. He was wearing a long, white gown with a plain collar shirt and tie underneath. Determined to see her brother once again, Young Soon asked the doctor, "Can I see him?"

The three of them made their way down to room 307 and Doctor Lee slid open the door. On the large hospital bed was Chanyeol, all the hospital equipment and machines organized beside his body. Young Soon muffled her cries with the back of her small hand and turned around to look at the two adults. She quietly asked, "Can I stay with him?"

Doctor Lee's gaze softened and said, "Yes, of course you can. Just notify one of the nurses outside if anything happens that is unusual."

After a slight nod of the head, the two adults left the room and as soon the door clicked shut Young Soon sat down on the small cushioned chair beside the bed. She took Chanyeol's hand in hers and felt how cold it was. Allowing herself to sob and wail, her tears fell onto his hand and the heavy flow wouldn't stop until she felt empty and hollow inside. She laid her head down next to his chest and her long, black hair spread out beneath her like a fan. Young Soon glanced at her brother and furrowed her eyebrows begging him to wake up.

Please Chanyeol. Didn't you say you would always protect me? How can you protect me if you're not awake? Why did you sacrifice your blood for me?! Wake up Chanyeol. WAKE UP CHANYEOL! WAKE UP!!!!!!

She was so immersed in begging him to wake up that she didn't feel his pointer finger twitching against her palm. She didn't realize at all until the young boy slowly opened his eyes halfway and whispered a barely audible, "Young Soon," but she heard.

She thought she misheard him, but when she looked up to see Chanyeol's eyes open partially she squealed and hugged him tightly from the side. He grunted and murmured, "Agh. Young Soon, not so hard."

Letting go immediately, she clutched his hand and asked, "You're awake?"

He should've answered in a happy and joyful way, but instead he looked dismal and glared at his sister in a wistful manner and asked, "What did you do?"

Confused, she cocked her head to the side and pouted just a little, unable to understand what he meant. After struggling to sit up, Chanyeol sat perched up against the supporting backside of the bed and asked once again, "What did you do Young Soon? Before I gave you my blood the surgeon told me my chance of survival was less than 1.5 percent, considering how damaged my vital organs were, and yet here I am, perfectly fine. So, I'm asking you, what. Did. You. Do?"

Young Soon seemed slightly taken back by what he just said. Wasn't he supposed to be happy that he managed to survive? Maybe this was a miracle, so why was he acting so scary and unusual? She shook her head as if telling him "I don't know" and asked him, "So what do you think happened?"

He called in a nurse and asked her for some food. The kind, old lady seemed so shocked that he was alive and well that she didn't even ask what he wanted. She quickly brought him some sandwich with some juice, asked if he needed any help and left when he reassured her that he was going to be fine. Young Soon figured he was just hungry and silently watched him rip open the plastic package that held a plastic fork and knife. Chanyeol took out the dull blade and held it up. He looked over at his younger sister and said, "I'm sorry Young Soon, but I have to do this if I want to know the truth."

In a flurry, he cut a small area on her flawless forearm while she shrieked in surprise and pain. A small pool of blood was forming, but then something very strange and supernatural happened. The deep, red liquid was... retreating back into the cut. After all the blood had gone back in, the gash sealed itself and her arm returned to its original state, as if nothing had happened. The two exchanged looks and both laughed while saying things like "You're have superpowers!!" and "I have superpowers!!"

And then as soon as the joy had come, it left for Young Soon. She glared at Chanyeol and whacked him in the arm as hard as she could yelling, "What would you have done if I couldn't heal myself?!?!"

Flabbergasted, he stammered, "Well I didn't really think that far, I just kind of assumed you could...... Wait!! This is a hospital!! You could've just asked one of the nurses to bandage you up!"

Hitting him in the arm again, the small, yet intimidating 7 year old scowled and asked, "Why didn't you do it to yourself?!"

"Oh... right... well I'm the patient here!"

"Did you forget I'M A PATIENT TOO?!?!?!?!?!"

The two laughed it off as they playfully smacked each other, too happy to care for anything except the fact that Young Soo could heal and perform miracles. Mi Na opened the door cautiously and poked her through the small opening. She saw the two looking happy together and screamed like a little girl when she saw that Chanyeol was awake. She rushed inside and embraced the young boy into a fierce, bear hug and pulled in Young Soo, also. She had a familiar twinkle in her eye as she happily said, "Your Father found an earlier flight and he just arrived at the hospital!!"

All three of them lit up immediately and waited in anticipation to meet him.

~~~~

So? How was it? =^.^=

Leave comments and please subscribe if you liked ;D

Sorry it took so long :/

I'll try to update more often, but I am studying some insane and intense work right now and it's killing me so I hope you guys will understand when I take a little while to update :)

Oh and although I didn't include a lengthy description I kind of based Doctor Lee off of Byun Baekhyun from Exo-K, my second fav. ^.^ 

You know at first he looks like the cool and nonchalant dude, but he's really caring and cute.

Of course, I'm not saying the doctor's supposed to be cute... No... But then again... I'm basing him off of Baekhyun >.<

 

 

See what I mean?!