Chapter 4

Bitter Or Sweet?

================================================ HER ===========================================================

 

14th September 2015.

10.15 am.

 

“… ah. So, you are not coming today then? It’s okay. I’ll just ask someone else. Sorry for bothering you. Goodbye.”

Ugh. What are friends for? They only come when they need something. Now, how am I ever going to move all of this stuff to Gangnam? I should have moved them little by little. Even the managers at my company are busy now. Oh we are having a festival, so we are busy blah blah blah. Busy with your girls that is. My dear God, can’t you send an angle to help me? Uh?

 

*Bzz Bzzz Bzzzz*

Great. Who is calling me now? It’s not like I’m not busy at all. Oh …

 

“Hello.”

“Hello, Soeun-ah. It’s me Junho. Lee Junho, remember?”

“Of course, Lee Junho-ssi. How could I forget? Pfft. It’s not like we haven’t met last week.”

“So you do remember what happened then. Pwin…”

“HAHAHAHA. What are you talking abouuuut? Haaaa … So what’s up?”

“Eyh. Eeeeyh~ Okay. Is that how you want to play, huh? Anyways, you’re moving out today, right? I’m free the whole day. Do you need my help?”

Shoot. World crisis. Mayday mayday. Do I want his help? Nooo. Do I need his help? Of course, duh. Make up your mind, Soeun-ah. This is a matter of life and death. Okay, if I say yes, my problem is solved but I have to go through first class torment. Well, if I say no, then good luck on moving your boxes, Soeun-ah. What should I do? Ugh. Whatever.

“Uhh..hmm.. Well, maybe, I supposed. But there are tons of stuff need to be moved and …”

“Great. I’ll be there in 2 hours. See you. Bye~”

“Okay. Bye(?)”

What just happened? I’m officially confused.

 

“Appa ~ My friend is coming to help. You don’t have to worry.”

*Appa = Father in korean.

“Alright ~”

 

================================================ HER ===========================================================

 

12.30 pm

 

Where is he? He is supposed to be here already. Hmm. The weather is so nice. With little wind blowing and clear blue sky. It’s such a nice day to go out for a picnic. Or maybe take a sip of coffee. And yet I am stuck here waiting with a bunch of boxes. I wonder what car he is driving today. I honestly have no idea which car he brought me home with last time. He is a rich guy, I’m pretty sure he bought a foreign sports car to pick up girls. Yup, that’s definitely his personality. Tsk. Oh, someone’s coming. Is that a truck?

 

“Yo ~”

“Heol. Lee Junho-ssi. Is this your car? A truck?”

“Yup. I’m a modest man. I drove you back the other day using this. Pretty cool, huh? Keke”

“Are you kidding me? It would have made into the news headline if it is true.”

“You do look disappointed. Looks like you are the type who looks at a guy’s car, huh?”

“What? No. I’m just surprised. World star, Lee Junho, drives to work with a truck. Well, it kind of suits you anyway.”

“Ouch. My heart. How could you say that? Well no. I rent it to move YOUR stuff. And this is the Ajussi who will be driving it back to your place.”

“Oh I didn’t see you. Good afternoon, sir.”

“Good afternoon to you too. You look prettier than in the tv. I am a big fan of yours”

“Haha. Thank you, sir. Please take a good care of me.”

“See? I’m a good man, Soeun-ah. Don’t you realize it yet?”

“Oh how I wish I could. But what is that on your hand?”

“Aaah. This is for your family. I thought it was impolite of me not bringing anything last time. Is your mom here?”

“Hmm. I’m impressed. You’ve got some good sense. Wait. I’ll call her out. Omma, my friend is here.”

“Don’t I look handsome today?”

Hmm. Nicely styled hair, a white shirt, a green jacket, light-brown trousers, and a nice pair of shoes.  I’ll give him a pass.

“Not bad. It’s not like we are going out for a date.”

“So what’s up with your make-up then?”

Uh? Did he noticed it? I’ve tried to make it as natural as I could though. I should have not put on the blushers. Now he is going to think I’m dressing up for him. Pabo, Soeun-ni. Pabo.

 

“Oh Junho-ssi. You came back.”

“Hello Eomeo-nim. I came to help Soeun-ssi. This is for your family. How are you doing these days?”

“You shouldn’t have. You are such a sweet boy. I’m doing perfectly fine. Honey, come here. This is the boy I talked to you about last time. Junho-ssi, this is my husband.”

“It’s nice to meet you, *Abeo-nim. I’m Lee Junho.”

*Abeo-nim = A polite way to call someone’s father in Korean.

 

“Oh. It’s nice to meet you too. I’ve heard a lot about you from my wife and Soeun’s Dongseng. You really look handsome and kind. Wanna be my son-in-law? Haha”

“Uh? Excuse me?”

“APPA ! What nonsense are you talking about? HAHAHA. Let’s move the stuff into the truck, shall we? We have a lot of work to do. Right, Junho-ssi?”

Come on come on. I don’t want my father to embarrass me like this. Not in front of Junho.

“Relax, Soeun-ah. I was only joking around. To break the ice, as they say. Well, Junho-ssi, looks like you have to work hard today. It’s not easy to handle a lady like her. May the force be with you. Hahaha.”

“Thank you, Abeo-nim. I’ll try my best to please the big lady. Haha”

“OOOKAY. Enough talking. Let’s get to work.”

“Yes, Ma’am.”

 

It was sweet of Junho to come and help me out like this. God really seems to answer my call lately. Maybe today are not going to be bad at all.

 

================================================ HER ==========================================================

 

3.15 pm.

 

“Okay. All set to go, Ma’am.”

“Good job, my servant. Now, how are you going back to Gangnam?”

“What do you mean by how? You will have to drive me back. That is all I’m asking for.”

“Tsk. Fine. I’ll repay you by doing that. It’s enough, right?”

“Yes, Ma’am. Kekeke”

 

“Junho-ssi, come and have lunch with us before you go.”

“He cant, Omma. We have to go before night time. I still have to put the stuff in the apartment.”

“Then, wait for a moment.”

 

“Why can’t I eat here? I love your mom’s cooking.”

“Because I don’t want you to. My family will end up asking you stupid questions and we even might not be able to go back home.”

“Tsk. Understood, Ma’am.”

 

“Junho-ssi. Here. Take this and eat while you are on your way there. I put a lot of delicious food for both of you to enjoy.”

“You shouldn’t have, Eomeo-nim. Thank you but this is too much. Plus, we can’t eat while driving.”

“It’s okay. Soeun can help to feed you. Let’s have a proper meal together next time, okay?”

Pfft. Why should I help him? He could feed himself.

 

“I think we are done here. We should get going. Omma, Appa, take care of yourself. I’ll come and visit if I have time, okay?”

“Alright. Don’t forget to eat your meal. Don’t work to hard, okay? Junho-ssi, please take care of Soeun for us.”

“Uh? Sure. I’ll try my best. You don’t have to worry. Take care, Eomeo-nim and Abeo-nim. Goodbye.”

“Take care, Omma and Appa. I’m going to miss you. Goodbye.”

 

This is my first time ever living separately from my family. I do everything with my family since I was born. My mom and dad even came and supported me when I had my first acting audition. My heart feels so heavy leaving them like this. But my job requires me to live in the city. If I want to expand my career, I need to sacrifice my past life and start being independent. Omma, Appa, and Dongseng-ah, I will take care of myself. Don’t you guys worry, okay?

 

“Are you crying, Soeun-ah?”

“No, I’m not. It’s just that I have never been separated with my family like this.”

“It’s going to be alright. You can always comeback when you miss them, right? It will be hard at the beginning but you will get used to it. Trust me. I have been there.”

“Thanks, Junho-ah. You really know how to calm me down.”

“Okay. So who is going to be the driver of the day? The co-driver will need to feed the driver with food. Which one do you prefer?”

“Hmmmm. You drive. I have to handle my emotion state for now.”

“As you wish, Ma’am.”

 

********************************************************************** HIM ************************************************************************************

 

14th September 2015.

4.30 pm.

 

“I’m hungry. Feed me.”

“You are such a baby. What do you want to eat?”

“What’s on the menu?”

“Some grilled marinated chicken, kimchi pancake, vegetables, bulgogi, radish kimchi, marinated crab, wrapper leaves, and rice.”

“Just wrap them all together and stuff it into my mouth.”

“Heol. Are you sure? This is a lot, Mister.”

“I have big mouth, remember? Hurry up. I’m starving.”

“Airight. Wait for a moment. Say aaahh. *Aigoo”

*Aigoo = An expression to indicate being amused or amazed in Korean.

 

“Aaaaaaaaaumm. Daevak. Your mom’s vooving iz ve vest”

“Don’t speak when your mouth is full. I can’t understand a single thing you are saying”

“I said your mom’s cooking is the best. You should learn from her. It will make me happy.”

“Why would you be the one who is happy?”

“Don’t know. Hahaha”

Gosh what did I just said to her. I should have learn to control my words. Now I’m making things much more awkward.

“Why aren’t you eating, Soeun-ah?”

“I don’t feel like it. My stomach doesn’t feel right and I keep feeling dizzy.”

“You should rest. Here. I’ll play you some music.”

Hmm let’s see what CD does she has? Monni? I think I’ve heard about them before. Ah I should put my CD in her car for her to listen next time. Maybe she will kill me afterwards since she is not into idol music. Haha.

 

“My Way To You Through The Wind” by Monni.

 

“♫

There are different stories as it seems, of those people who lived together

The pain that my heart, and the joys of meeting you

 

It's not easy being in this world, and the time keeps passing by

It made me afraid even more, and now exhaustion is all I have left

 

If I have to go through the wind to get to you,

How long is it going to be, for you to wait for me?

There are just so many things that I wish I could tell to you my dear

Just for a day, let me share my heart that is filled with you

♫”

 

********************************************************************** HIM ************************************************************************************

 

6.00 pm.

 

“Soeun-ah, we are here. Wake up.”

“Uh. Junho-ah, I think I’m having cramps.”

“Are you okay?”

“I think today is the day. I forgot to bring the ‘stuff’ together with me.”

“What stuff?”

“You know, the stuff a girl needs every month.”

“I am not sure what you are talking about.”

“Gosh, Junho. I’m having my period. Could you do me a favor?”

“Oh, I’m so sorry. Sure. Do you need anything?”

“Could you go to the convenient store and get me some pads and menstrual pain pill.”

“WHAT? YOU WANT ME TO BUY SANITARY PADS? ARE YOU SERIOUS?”

“Please, Junho-ah. I’m really in pain right now.”

This is why you should never offer your help to a girl, Junho-ah. Never have I thought in my life that I have to buy sanitary pads for a girl. I’m a celebrity. What will happen if the people recognize me? I’m sure they will start spreading rumors of me being a ert. But Soeun-ni looks like she is dying. I guess it’s an emergency then. Please Lord, help me go through this. I’ll be nicer after this, okay?

“Hmm. Okay I will. But I don’t know how to buy those stuff. Do you need anything else?”

“Listen. You just need to find ‘Overnight’ pads. The one with a long shape and wings. Plus a bottle of water for the pill. Thanks, Junho-ah.”

“You better pay me back for this. I’m doing this for you. Huuh. I’m going first.”

“Come back fast. Good luck.”

Good luck? I don’t need luck. I need to not do this. What are you doing with your life, Junho-ah. Thank God the shop is near. I need to cover up myself.

 

“Welcome, sir.”

Don’t you dare welcome me. I don’t need your smilling face for now, Miss Cashier. Now, what was it again? Overnight pad, menstrual pill and a bottle of water. Why can’t I find the the long-shaped pad with wings. I thinks it's here. Jeez, there are a lot of them here. Ah, I don’t care. Just take one and I’m finish. Now, how am I going to pay for this. And I need to ask for the pills too.

“Excuse me, could you give me the pill for menstrual pain.”

“Of course. How much do you need, sir?”

“One would be fine.”

“But you need to eat two of this, sir.”

How should I know. It’s not like I am the one who is going through your species’s monthly pain.

“Just give me an appropriate amount. And a bottle of water.”

Great. Now there are school kids lining up behind me.

“Omo, isn’t that 2pm’s Junho. Really daebak. Why is he buying those stuff. I’m going to tell everyone.”

NO I AM NOT 2PM JUNHO, YOU BRATS. YOU GOT THE WRONG PERSON.

“Is that all sir? ”

“Yup.yup.yup”

“That will 12,000 won, sir.”

“Here. Keep the change.”

“Please come again, sir.”

What made you think I am ever going to come here ever again? I wish this was just a dream.

 

Noooo. Oh God, theres a bunch of kids infront of me.

 

“LEE JUNHO OPPA! LEE JUNHO OPPA! CAN I TAKE PICTURES WITH YOU!?”

I.NEED.TO.RUN !

“I AM NOT LEE JUNHO. GO AWAY !”

Why are you doing this to me, God!?

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

Hi Hello Anyeonghaseyo ~

To my lovely readers, thank you for sticking with me despite my uninteresting chapters. I've been busy lately and will be more busy after this. But I'll promise that I will try to make the next chapter much more better than the previous chapters. I just wanted to say thank you and I love you all ^^