Chapter 3

Bitter Or Sweet?

============================================= HER =======================================================

 

9th September 2015.

5.45 pm.

 

*First bottle*

Why he is not drinking? Is he looking down on me?

 

*Second bottle*

Why is he keep staring at me like that? He really thinks I’m going to lose to him, right? Well he can keep on dreaming.

 

*Third bottle*

The meat taste gewd ~ It tasted better because he is feeding me. I can live like this forevew ~

 

“You see this bottle? I’m going to dwink this up and beat a hell out of you, Lee Junho”

“You can stop now, Soeun-ah. You drank 3 bottles already. Okay, okay. You win.”

“Vhaaaaat chu talking ‘bout, Lee Junho? I can go oooooooon and oooooooon with this. Sojeuww and I are fwieeends. Ve like to make us happiwer.”

*Hiccup*

*Hiccup*

Oh the room looks yellow. Oh look, meat is gone. I’m hungry. Why is there no meat? Who dare took my meat away?

“*Ajumma ~ Where is my meaaaat? Who took my meat?!”

*Ajumma = Auntie or older lady in Korean.

 

“Sorry Ajumma for that. She is a bit drunk. Alrighty then. It’s time for us to go, Soeun-ah. Did you came here by your car or by taxi?”

“We are not finish yet. No no. Sit down. I want my meaaaat”

“You ate all your meat, remember?”

“No. I did nooooot. You keep putting it into my mouth. It’s all your fault. You’re the cause of my paaain ~ *You are my heaaaaartbreaker~”

*Part of G-Dragon’s Heartbreaker lyrics.

 

“Hahaha. Okay Miss Soeun. I’m sorry that I stuffed the meat into your mouth and made your heart broke. I’ll make it up soon, okay? Before that, we need to get you out of here. Where is your car?”

“Vhat car? My car is at some shop cause that old man hit it and keeps saying it’s my fault. I didn’t know that stopping at the wed light is wrong. Who’s fault is it now?”

“Sorry to hear that. I guess I’ll send you home using my car, okay? Can you walk?”

“Your caaaar? It’s my first time in your car. Am I the first girl to be in it like how you were the first boy in my car?”

“I don’t think you can walk. Here, hop on my back.”

“Answer me, Junho-ah. Am I the fiwst ooone? Answer me. *Answer me, 1997. Kekeke”

*A popular drama series.

 

“Yes you are, Soeun-ah. My car is not for anyone. Would you like to be the first one, my dear princess?”

“Pwincess. I like that. Keep calling me that.”

“Okay, pwincess. Keke. I think you need to gain some weight. You are lighter than the last time.”

“I’m not skinny. I’m faaaaat. All around me is fat, you see.”

“You are not fat, my pwincess. What are you talking about? You’re fine and beautiful.”

“Oh Junho-ssi really knows how to fluttwer me. My pwince, Junho-ssi. Bring me to the most beautiful place in this world.”

“Sure. But you need to tell me the exact location first so that my magical GPS could help lead us to that beautiful kingdom. So where does our beautiful pwincess live?”

“Naaamyangjwu~ You have to drive faaaar faaar away~ my pwince.”

“Your wish is my command, my pwincess. Now let’s put on the seatbelt so our pwincess will be protected from any harm.”

He is getting near to me. My heart is beating fast. What should I do? His hair. His hair looks delicious. It smells nice. What shampoo brand does he use?

*Sniff Sniff*

“Aaaahh. It smells soooo gewd ~”

“Are you sniffing my head?”

“Tell me, my pwince. What bwand are you using for your hair? I want to twy it out too.”

“What are talking about? Wait.”

What is he doing? Why is he near to me? Why is he holding my hair? Is he sniffing my hair?

“Well you hair smells nice too, so I don’t think you need to use mine. I like how you smell. It’s like *Sakura in the middle of spring.”

*Sakura = Cherry Blossom

 

My hair smells like Sakura? Why am I soo happy to hear that? I’m a Sakura princess then. And Junho is my Sakura prince. And ….. %^&*!@# zzZZZZZ ….

 

************************************************************** HIM *****************************************************************************************

 

9th September 2015.

6.15 pm.

 

“Tell me, my pwince. What bwand are you using for your hair? I want to twy it out too.”

“What are talking about? Wait.”

I want to touch your hair. I wonder how it smells like.

*Sniff sniff*

Oh it’s floral scent. It suits her very much. It’s very sweet and innocent, just like her.

“Well you hair smells nice too, so I don’t think you need to use mine. I like how you smell. It’s like blossoming Sakura in the middle of spring.”

The pwincess is so cute. Her face is all red. The way she talks when she is drunk is just adorable. I like how she puts her long hair behind her ear. Her eyes are full of sparkles. It’s like the eyes of a young kid. It’s a good thing I didn’t drink more than two glasses. I would have missed this moment.

“My pwincess, we are leaving now, okay?”

Why isn’t she responding? Is she asleep? How can she be so adorable even in this state? Even her sleeping figure is cute. I wish I could give her a kiss but I don’t think I should go that far. Sweet dream, my lovely pwincess.

 

************************************************************** HIM *****************************************************************************************

 

8.30 pm.

 

“Soeun-ah, we are here. Soeun-ah, wake up.”

“hmm mhmmmhmm”

Guess I have to put her on my back again.

*Bzzzzz Bzzzzz Bzzzzz*

There’s a vibration. But where did it come from? Oh it’s her phone. Who is calling at this time? Go Ara?

 

“Hello Soeun-ah. I have just finished my shooting. So you wanna go out or what?”

“Uh hello. This is not Soeun.”

“Omo. Who is this? I’m sorry. I thought this was Soeun’s phone.”

“It is. She is a bit … no … she is quite drunk now so she couldn’t answer. I’m sending her home now.”

“May I know who am I talking to?”

“Oh yes. Hello I’m Lee Junho. 2pm’s Junho.”

“Omo omo omo omo. … Well then, carry on. If she wakes up, tell her to call me. It’s nice to hear from you, Junho-ssi. Let’s meet up someday.”

“Sure, *Sunbae-nim. I hope we will meet someday.”

*Sunbae = Senior in korean

 

“That’s great. I’m hanging up now. Goodbye.”

“Goodbye. Take care.”

I never knew she is a good friend of Go Ara Sunbae-nim. She sounded nice. I wonder if Hyo Joo *Nuna knows her too.

*Nuna = When a boy calling another girl as sister or older girl in Korean.

 

*Ting tong*

“Yes. Who is this?”

“Oh hello. I’m Soeun’s friend. She is drunk so I’m bringing her back.”

“Please come in.”

Wow. Her house is not bad. Modest yet classic like her.

“Omo, I’m so sorry to burden you like this. I’m her mother.”

“Hello, *Eomeo-nim. I’m Lee Junho. Soeun’s friend. It’s nice to meet you. Where should I put her down?”

*Eomeo-nim = A polite way to call someone’s mother in Korean.

 

“Come with me. This is her room. It’s a bit messy now. You can put her here.”

Now I understand why she said that if she could bring all of her stuff to her new house. This is a lot. Even I couldn’t beat her. She is sleeping so peacefully. Hmm. If I whisper to her, will she hear me?

“Okay my pwincess, sleep tight. I hope you will dream of me.”

 

“Junho-sshi, where did you came from?”

“Oh we met at Gangnam-gu to talk about our movie project. Guess she did a bit of drinking. I should have stopped her earlier.”

“So I’m assuming you have not eaten yet? It’s a long drive. Come eat and rest first before you go back.”

“It’s okay, Eomeo-nim. I don’t want to disturb your family.”

“Omo, it’s 2pm. Omma! it’s 2pm Junho Oppa.”

“Oh really? Sorry, this is her Dongseng.”

“Hello Soeun’s Dongseng. It’s nice to meet you.”

“Heol. *Daeeebak. Oppa you look so handsome. Your eye smile is the best. Oppa let’s eat together.”

*Daebak = A popular slang in korean to indicate a person being impressed

 

“Guess a bowl of rice wouldn’t hurt.”

“Oppa you are the best. Come and sit next to me. Oppa why are you here? Are you here to see Eonni?”

“Ah no. I came to drop her off. She was a bit drunk.”

“Heol. I wish I was her. Do you like each other?”

What is this kid talking about? The ask-straight-to-your-face really runs in her family, I guess. This was a bad decision. Somebody save me please.

“No no. we are just friends. Not more than that.”

“Eyh. Eonni used to get so excited whenever she saw you in the tv. That was before. Now, she just locks herself in her room whenever she hears 2pm.”

“Really? Why?”

“I don’t know. I guess she really likes you back then. Oppa is a pabo.”

“Stop teasing him. Eat up, Junho-sshi. I made this deliciously for you.”

I never knew how she felt about me. She never told me anything. Is this real? Or is her Dongseng playing with me. What if this was true? What should I do? I like her too but I’m just a busy person. I can’t give her my time.

“Eomeo-nim, this is so delicious. I guess she learns how to cook from the best.”

“You are so sweet, Junho-ssi. Come again next time so I can cook for you more. Junho-ssi, what do you do for a living?”

Why does it feel like I’m meeting my future mother-in-law? Is this how it feels like?

“I’m working as a singer, composer and an actor.”

“Omma, he is also your favorite character in the last movie you saw and one of the representative of an NGO charity organization. He’s the best, right? He suits Eonni really well. I know Omma likes him too. I can see the sparkles in your eyes.”

“Omo. You are such a talented and hardworking person. You are also an angle at heart. I wish you were my son. We don’t have any boys here.”

“She wants Oppa to marry Eonni.”

“HAHAHA. No we are just friends.”

“Do you have a girlfriend, Junho-ssi?”

“No, Eomeo-nim. I’m very busy so it’s hard to find one.”

“I can be your girlfriend, Oppa. That is if Eonni allows me.”

“I don’t date my friend’s sibling, Soeun-ni’s Dongseng-ah. It’s against my principle. haha”

“Eyh. Just be honest, Oppa. You can’t date your crush’s siblings, right? I can still remember how you blushed throughout the program with Eonni. Do you remember, Omma, the program where Eonni made a song with a guy? He is that guy, Omma.”

“Omo, you are that handsome young man? You are much better in real life. I thought you both are match in heaven.”

“Eomeo-nim, you are praising me too much. I’m just normal like everyone else. Surprisingly we get along well. Maybe that’s why people like us together. Haha. I’m honored.”

Indeed. Even her mother has good eyes. I’m suddenly feeling so pumped up after hearing all of this. Hahaha. I need to control myself.

 

“Eomeo-nim, I think I should go now. It’s getting late.”

“Oppa you can stay here if you want. Right, Omma?”

“No no. I have to work tomorrow. Thank you for the delicious dinner and your kind hospitality.”

“No. Thank you for bringing Soeun-ni home. Her car is at the workshop so I’m quite worried how she will come back home. Now that I know she is with you, I’m relieved.”

“It’s okay, Eomeo-nim. I think I should leave now. Take care, Eomeo-nim and Soeun’s Dongseng. Goodbye.”

“Sure, Oppa. Come again later. Next time bring all of your members with you especially Nichkhun Oppa. Oppa is the best! Bye bye~”

“Take care, Junho-ssi. Drive carefully~”

 

Her family is sweet. But her Dongseng talks too much. Well Junho, if she was Soeun, I don’t think you would be complaining, right? Well maybe. That’s because Soeun looks adorable when she talks. Wait, why am I even thinking of her? She is just a friend. Not more than that. I wish we were more than that. Sigh. Goodnight, Soeun-ah.

 

============================================= HER =======================================================

 

10th September 2015

10.00 am.

 

“Morning, Omma.”

“Good morning, Soeun-ah. Did you sleep well?”

“Yeah. My head hurts.”

“Drink some of this. Yesterday you were so drunk. You even passed out.”

“Really? How did I came back home?”

“A handsome young man sent you back.”

“EONNI ! I CAN’T BELIEVE THAT YOU STILL CONTACT LEE JUNHO OPPA!”

“What are you shouting about, Dongseng-ah? I can’t catch up. You are too loud.”

“Eyh. Oppa even brought you back home. Im so jelly jelly of you, Eonni.”

“He did? Are you playing with me, Dongseng-ah?”

“No she isn’t. He even stayed for dinner. He is a sweet young boy.”

“See? Even Omma likes him. You have all of our blessing~”

“Aah you are being too noisy. I need to shower and go to work.”

Oh. My. Gosh. It wasn’t a dream. It was all true. Did he whisper something to me last night? I think I heard he said something. What was it? What was it?

“Okay my pwincess, sleep tight. I hope you will dream of me.”

Heol. No this is so untrue. He would never say that. Maybe I was just dreaming. I would never embarrass myself and make him call me a princess. Pfft, what am I even thinking? How much did I even drank last night? Did I even said something stupid to him? Ugh my head hurts thinking about this. Let’s just check the phone if there is any text or missed call.

“A message from 0102250190”

“1 Missed Call from Go Ara at 8.00 am.”

Whose number is that? I don’t remember giving my number to any stranger though.

“Hi Seoun. This is Junho. I hope that you slept well. Im sorry that I was the one who made you passed out yesterday. Drink something refreshing so you can work today. Your friend, Go Ara, asked me to tell you that to call her back when you wake up. Have a nice day.

 

From,

Your Pwince. kekeke”

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

WHAT. HAVE. I. DONE!?

My nightmare is true. Why am I such a pabo. I should have not drink at the first place. I’m so embarrassed. How am I ever going to face him again after this? Where is my blanket? I should roll myself with this blanket. Maybe then the time will stop. Argh. It’s not working. Why did I sound like such a retarded person? Ara was right. My drinking habit is just weird. How did Ara knows that he took me home? Now I have to face Ara too. Why are you doing this to me, God? What sin have I committed? I should text him back and make it sound cool. Hmmm.

“Dear retarded ‘Pwince’, even though I do not know what you are talking about, thank you for sending me home. I’ll call my friend later. Have a nice day too.

From not so retarded friend,

Soeun. ”

I don’t think this sounds right.

*Erase*

 

“Hi Junho. Thanks for sending me home. Have a nice day too.”

There. Simple and nice.

*Send*

 

And now I just need to get Ara over first. Find strength, Soeun-ah.

“Hello Ara-ah.”

“SOEUN-AH ! ARE YOU AWAKE !? WE. NEED. TO. TALK. YOU NEED TO TELL ME EVERYTHING~”

“Gosh, Ara. You don’t need to shout at me. My head still hurts.”

“Keke. I have to. Considering who brought you back home last night. Mr-You-Know-Who.”

“What are you talking about. Jeez. I’m busy. Let’s just meet after I moved out from the house, okay?”

“You better not run and be prepared. I have already prepared my questionnaire for you.”

“I don’t know what should I do with you, Ara-ah. How did you know it was him? Did you spy on me now?”

“I should start, I guess. I called you last night but he answered it. His voice is so charming. Oh, no wonder you have fallen for him. You lucky girl.”

“Now you are talking nonsense. Im hanging up. Need to go to work. Bye.”

“Eyh. Such a cold hearted women. See you next week. Bye~”

Glad that was over. At least, for now.

 

“♫ A message came, My Lady ~ ♫”

“Trying to act cool, I see. See you then ^^.

-          Lee Junho”

 

If only I could turn back time. What am I going to do?

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++