Meeting an Old Friend

Our Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I’m sorry but CEO Lee is not in his office. He went to a business trip.” L.Joe’s secretary said on the other line.

Saemi leaned back on her chair and pressed her lips into thin line. “Do you know when he will be back?”

“He didn’t say when he will be back and he said he didn’t want anyone to know where he went to. Do you want to leave a message?” His secretary said.

Saemi furrowed her eyebrows. Usually when L.Joe want to go to a business trip he will tell her about it, but now he suddenly disappeared without a word. She felt nervous all of a sudden, without a reason.

“No. it’s okay. Thank you.”

“You’re welcome.” The other line went dead and Saemi put her phone on the table. She just bought a new phone this morning and wanted to tell L.Joe about it. But now he was not in his office, guess that she has to wait for L.Joe to call her instead on her office phone.

The reunion last night ended late and Saemi didn’t really have fun with it because her mind drifted to Minrin. Taemin would ask her what she was thinking but she just gave another excuse. Nevertheless it was fun to meet her old friends and sunbaes and she was also happy that many people still recognize her. They asked her how she was doing in the United States and everything.

She looked at her watch and her eyes widened. Her flight was in two hour. She got to move now if she didn’t want to miss her flight. She cleaned up her stuff and went out from the office. She held a taxi and went to the airport. Her third brother, Myungsoo called her few days ago telling her to go to China for a business purpose. She got no other choice but to obey it. She left her work to Karam for now.

------------------

After hours in the flight, Saemi finally arrived in China. She grabbed a taxi and told the driver to bring her to the hotel that Myungsoo gave the address to her. She arrived at the place half an hour later and the place was none other than her father’s hotel, Royal Gold Hotel.

She entered the hotel and as expected from the world’s best hotel, the place was luxurious with a small fountain at the middle of the lobby and a huge chandelier hung near the entrance. The marble floors were the color of gold. The theme for the hotel was like the name, the place was paint with white and gold color. All the furniture was white, gold, red and black, the colors of elegant and luxury.

She went to the counter and the receptionist recognized her instantly. She got the key to her suite and went to the 10th floor. She went to her room and scanned the card. The place was nice with a big flat TV screen attached at the wall. And the balcony that showed the view of the city. She went straight to her bedroom to take a little nap because in three hours she got to start her work with her brother.

---------------

She had been in China for three days and she didn’t even have time to rest. Finally today she could rest a bit after ended her meeting. She sat on the couch at the lobby and played with her phone. Since she came here she didn’t get any news about L.Joe, she already told Karam to inform her if a guy name Byunghun call her phone office. But there was none, she started to feel uneasy in a pit of her stomach when she thought about this situation.

Why L.Joe did suddenly became distant from her? Did she do something wrong? Did he know something that she didn’t know?

The dreaded feelings inside her telling her that L.Joe knew something about her and Taemin. About their old relationship and how now she was giving Taemin another chance inside her heart. She couldn’t imagine what would happen if he knew something about that. She didn’t want to hurt him… but she knew that heartache could occur when it came to love…

“Saemi…?” A girl’s voice called her. She looked up from her phone and her eyes widened. She slowly stood up from the couch. The girl who called her gasped and her eyes widened. A big smiled plastered on her face.

“Oh my god! It’s it you!” She squealed delighted to see Saemi and went to hug her. Saemi was surprised at first but then a smile spread across her lips and she hugged her back. “Suzi! I never thought I see you here.”

They let go of the hugged and squealed in delight. “Yah, what are you doing here in China?” Suzi asked her.

“I was about to ask you the same question.” Saemi smiled.

“Hey I asked you first.”

Saemi laughed a bit. “I came here for business trip.”

“Business trip?” Suzi raised her eyebrows. Saemi blinked, and then she remembered that Suzi didn’t know anything yet about her being an heiress. “Oh yeah… I forgot to tell you… but I want to know what you are doing here first. Tell me now.”

Unexpectedly, Suzi blushed and she shyly smiled. Saemi raised an eyebrow, confused why her friend acted like that. A sly smiled appeared on Saemi’s face when she guessed why Suzi acted like that. “Are you… perhaps… with your boyfriend?” She asked slowly. Suzi face turned even redder if that even possible. Saemi eyes widened. “So it’s true? Where is he? I want to see him.” She stated excitedly and looked around the place. Even thought she didn’t even know how Suzi’s boyfriend looks like.

She giggled a bit seeing Saemi like that. She held both of Saemi’s shoulders to calm her down. With a smiled she was about to tell her who he is but someone called Suzi’s na

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter