Don't Break My Trust Again

Our Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Saemi went out from her office and went to the ground floor. She went out from the building but she didn’t see Taemin’s car yet. She decided to wait for him. She looked at her watch, lunch hour started ten minutes ago. She looked to the left and to the right, making sure that she didn’t miss his car. But she really didn’t see it. She wanted to call him but she didn’t buy a new phone yet. She didn’t even ask Taemin if he got work today. She decided to wait for him. She went to the nearby bench and sat there.

She waited… and waited…

And waited…

But Taemin was nowhere in sight. Saemi waited for him for an hour already. She sighed for the umpteenth time and looked at her watch. She tapped her heels on the ground and patiently waited for him.

“Where is he?” She muttered to herself. She started to feel regret that she didn’t accept L.Joe’s offer to have lunch with him. Half of her mind wanted to catch a taxi and went home but half of her wanted to wait for Taemin. It was his birthday after all. Last time before she went to United States she didn’t get to celebrate his birthday. So now she wanted to celebrate it.

She leaned back on her seat and sighed. She decided to wait for another hour…

After two and a half hour of waiting, finally a red Porsche parked in front of her building. Saemi just stared at the car until Taemin went out from it. He looked panicked and worried. He quickly walked to her and a sorry expression was on his face. She just stared at him.

“I am really sorry that I’m late Saemi. I got a meeting and it ended late.” Taemin apologized. Saemi didn’t say anything and just look at him. It made him worried whether she was mad at him or not. Saemi stood up. “It’s okay. At least you came.” She gave a small smiled to him. Taemin gave a small apologetic small. “Well, let’s go. You must be hungry right?”

They walked to his car and Taemin opened the door for her like usual. When he passed by her, Saemi could smell his cologne. But something was off about it, the cologne smell like a girl’s perfume. Saemi pressed her lips in thin line and went inside the car. Taemin was already inside. They wore their seatbelts and Taemin started the engine.

“So where do you want to eat?” Taemin asked.

“Anywhere, it’s your birthday. So I’ll go anywhere you bring me to birthday boy.” She shrugged with a little smiled.

“Alright then.” Taemin gave a bright smiled and pressed on the accelerator. Saemi glanced at Taemin, she badly wanted to ask him where did he go. Did he really go to a meeting or was he…? Saemi shook her head a little. Why did she think something like that? She should believe what he said. Maybe because she was hungry she started to think ridiculously.

They arrived at a restaurant. Taemin already reserved it for two. They ordered their food and had small conversation while waiting for the food to come.

“I want to say sorry again for making you wait like that.” Taemin apologized again. Saemi gazed at him for a while and then looked down on her plate. “You apologize to me a lot lately.” She mumbled to herself.

“What was that?” Taemin blinked. He didn’t hear what Saemi said. She shook her head. “Nothing and really it’s okay.”

They food came minutes later and they enjoyed their late lunch. After the lunch, Taemin brought her the mall. They walked around the place and pointed some interesting things. Taemin bought smoothies for both of them and continued to roam around the mall. Saemi realized that she didn’t buy any present for Taemin. She spotted a shop and abruptly stopped. Taemin stopped as well and looked at her.

“Umm… Taemin, can you wait for me here for a while?” She asked. Taemin blinked. “Why? Where are you going?” He tilted his head to the side.

“Just wait. I’ll be right back, promise.” Saemi said with a bright smiled. Before Taemin could say anything, she ran away quickly to somewhere. Taemin scratched his head but still waited for her to come back. He sat on a bench and sipped on his smoothie.

About twenty minutes later, Saemi came back to where Taemin was waiting. He raised an eyebrow looking at her panting and holding something behind her back. She took a sit beside Taemin and gave him a smiled.

“Happy birthday!” She said excitedly and held out the box that she hide behind her just now. It was a small medium size rectangular shaped box.

“Wait, so you got me a present just now?” Taemin asked with wide eyes. Saemi eagerly nodded. “I didn’t buy you a present earlier so… now that we’re in the mall; I thought I buy you a present now.”

Taemin blinked for a while and then his lips broke into a wide smiled. He took the present and gave a loving smiled to her. “Thank you Saemi. I didn’t expect a present from you. You’re here with me is already a birthday present for me. I just want to spend my birthday with you.” He stared gently at Saemi which

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter