Moving

Our Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

On Monday, Saemi went to the office and gave Jonghwan her resignation letter. He stared at it with eyes wide. Saemi bowed ninety degree to him. “Thank you for everything sajangnim. I really like working here.” She gave a sincere smiled to him.

“If you like working here, why do you want to quit? You had only worked here for a month.” Jonghwan said. He was very sure that L.Joe won’t be pleased by this when he knew about it.

“My brothers want me to quit and I think it’s time for me to quit too.” She said. Jonghwan stared at her questioningly. “What do you mean?” He asked. Saemi just gave him a smiled and bowed again. “I hope I can see you again… at other place maybe. Thank you again sajangnim, goodbye.” She bowed and left the place. She went down the stairs and instantly she was attacked by Jinyoung and Suzi. Daehyun was right behind them leaning on the wall.

“Are you really leaving?” Suzi asked wide eyes.

“Why did you quit? Did I do something wrong that annoyed you? I’m really sorry!” Jinyoung wailed and sniffed.

“You annoy everyone hyung.” Daehyun said. Jinyoung ignored his remarked and kept looking at Saemi with puppy eyes.

Saemi chuckled a bit and shook her head. “You didn’t do anything wrong oppa and I’m sorry, but I’m really leaving.”

“Why? You didn’t like this place?” Suzi asked and grabbed her hands with sad eyes.

“It’s not like that. I love this place, but I have to quit.” Saemi said.

“What do you mean you have to quit?” Daehyun asked and raised an eyebrow.

“I’m…. Moving house.” Saemi said slowly.

“To where?” All of them asked.

“To Kangnam.” Saemi answered and all their mouths formed into an ‘O’.

“Kangnam? But the houses there are so expensive.” Suzi said. Jinyoung nodded his head agreeing what Suzi said. “Are you hiding something from us again?” Suzi eyed her suspiciously. Saemi just gave an innocent smiled.

“I have to go now, my oppas must be waiting at home.” Saemi said. They walked with her until outside of the café.

“I’m going to miss you chingu.” Suzi sniffed and hugged Saemi. She gently patted Suzi’s back. “I’ll come visit whenever I have time.” Saemi promised. Suzi pulled away and it was Jinyoung turned to hug Saemi. “Don’t forget me if you got new oppas, araso?” Jinyoung said. Saemi chuckled a bit and nodded.  “Neh Jinyoung oppa.” They pulled away and finally it was Daehyun’s turn.

Daehyun looked at Saemi and didn’t move an inch. Suzi and Jinyoung looked at each other and then went inside the café, leaving Daehyun and Saemi to have their alone time.

“So…” Saemi swayed back and forth on her heels and awkwardly looked at Daehyun. “I guess I’ll see you later.”

Daehyun didn’t say anything and Saemi scratched the back of her head. “Umm… Bye…” She said and turned around. “Wait.” Daehyun called and she turned back to Daehyun. He walked closer to her and wrapped his arms around her. Saemi eyes widened a bit, she didn’t know Daehyun would hug her. Because Daehyun never like this kind of thing. Her head landed on his broad chest and she could feel Daehyun’s heart beating rapidly. “Why is his heart beating like this?” Saemi questioned in her mind.

“I’ll miss you Saemi.” He whispered gently. Saemi had never heard him like this before, his voice was so gentle and tender yet there was some bitterness in his voice. Daehyun tightened his hugged and shut his eyes. Saemi grew worried, why Daehyun hugged her like it was the last time?

“Daehyun-“

“I like you.” He whispered sincerely. Saemi eyes widened and she froze on the spot. The sudden confession made her blood crept on her cheeks. “I wanted to say this to you so badly but I didn’t have the courage to say it. When I knew that 2 more guys were chasing your heart, it was even hard for me to say it.” Daehyun said. Saemi stood still hearing what he was saying.

“I’m sorry if I ever hurt you in any way. It was not my intention. I just wanted to protect you, I don’t want to see you hurt, I don’t want to see your tears. You mean a lot to me than you could ever imagine, even though we just met for a short time but I hope you won’t forget me, because I certainly won’t.” Daehyun whispered genuinely. It made Saemi’s heart skipped a beat. After a couple more minutes, he released the hug and stared at Saemi with a smiled.

“D-Daehyun… I-I don’t know what to say…” Saemi lowered her gazed to the ground. It was the first time that Daehyun ever talked about his feelings. He was always the mysterious guy that didn’t show a lot of expression. Now that he did, Saemi didn’t know what to say. Daehyun gently lifted her chin with his finger and gazed deep into her eyes. “You don’t have to say anything. I just wanted to get this off my chest. Now that I did, I feel a lot a better.” He smiled.

“We’re still friends right?” Daehyun asked and Saemi nodded with a smiled. “Then I’m just content with that.” He said.

“Thank you Daehyun for caring about me.” Saemi said genuinely.

“That’s what friends do.” Daehyun said with a small smiled. “You should go now, I don’t want your brothers come hunting me when they know I’m holding you down.” Daehyun joked a bit. Saemi giggled and Daehyun stared at her gently. “I’ll see you later. Bye.” Saemi said and waved. Then she walked away to the bus stop.

“Bye Saemi.” Daehyun whispered and looked at her until she was gone from his sight. Then he went back inside the café.

----------------

At lunch hour, as usual L.Joe went to Angel Café to meet Saemi. He parked his car and went inside the café. His eyes scanned the place but didn’t see Saemi around. He went to a table and sat there. His eyes darted around the place for that familiar person but couldn’t find her. Suzi came towards his table and bowed. Before she could even speak, L.Joe already asked about Saemi.

“Where is Saemi? Is she at the back? Or did she take a day off?” L.Joe questioned her. Suzi scratched her head. “Umm… Actually… She quit.” Suzi answered. L.Joe eyes widened as saucers. “When and why did she quit?”

“She quit today and she said because… she’s going to move away.” Suzi answered. Without asking anymore question to Suzi, L.Joe darted out from the café and went inside his car. He started the engine and sped off to Saemi’s house.

----------------

Saemi was putting her things in the bedroom in a box. There was a big truck in front of her house, today she would move to Kangnam where Sunggyu already bought the house for her there. Himchan was outside looking at the people moving the things so that none of them were slacking off. Myungsoo and Sunggyu w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter