A Date

Our Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

For the next three weeks she focused on her work only. She met L.Joe sometimes but not that frequently. He was busy as well going on business trips because his business was growing. Taemin would sometimes visit her since they are neighbors but Saemi didn’t really open with Taemin much. She opened the door to her office and went to her desk work, slumping on the chair with a tired sighed. She just started a few weeks ago and she got already lot of work.

She just finished meeting with two CEO’s from other companies. She couldn’t wait for weekends to come so that she could rest a bit. Abruptly the door opened and incoming Himchan with a bright smiled on his face.

“Hello baby,” He said brightly and sat on the chair in front of Saemi’s work desk.

“Hi Himchan oppa.” She greeted back with a tired sighed.

Himchan leaned forwards with his arms on the table. “Is my baby tired?” He cooed. Saemi just closed her eyes and only answered with a hummed. Himchan chuckled softly. “Don’t worry you’ll get use to it.”

“Yeah, everybody said that.” Saemi said. Himchan raised his eyebrows. “Someone else said it? Who?”

“What are you doing here oppa?” She asked with still her eyes closed, trying to change the topic. Also because she was curious why her brother came here. As far as she knows they said they won’t disturb her or help her with her work because they want her to get use to it.

“I just wanted to know how you were doing…” Himchan trailed off, tracing a round shaped with his finger on the desk. By the way he spoke Saemi already know that he had something else to say so she didn’t say anything and just wait.  

“So how is your relationship with Taemin?” He asked, looking up from the desk and put his hands down on his laps. Saemi was not even surprised by that question. “What do you mean? We’re barely friends.”

“Barely friends?” He asked with wide eyes. Saemi just nodded with her eyes closed. Himchan rubbed his chin thoughtfully. “Then what about the engagement?” He muttered to himself. Saemi eyes snapped open and she straightened up making Himchan surprised a bit with her sudden action.

“What did you just say oppa?” Saemi asked. Her eyebrows furrowed and she looked sternly at him. Himchan shook his head vigorously. “Nothing, nothing at all. Nothing that you need to know.” He said quickly and gave an innocent smiled that look everything but innocent to Saemi. She raised an eyebrow and about to open when Himchan cut in. “Well I got to go now. I will go to Japan for few days so I won’t be home. I just wanted to say goodbye to my favorite dongsaeng.”

“You’re going to Japan? That means I will be at home alone this week?” Saemi asked with eyes widened. Himchan nodded. “Sorry but our vacation is over. I’ll come back home next week but only for few days. And then I will stay in Japan for good to take care of the company.”

Saemi sighed. She didn’t get to meet her brothers often now because of their busy schedules. And that made her sad.

“Hey don’t be sad. We will come and meet you when we have time.” Himchan said. Saemi just nodded her head. A few minutes later, they bade goodbye and Himchan went out from the office to go to the airport.

-------------

It was finally weekend and Saemi was sleeping in. The time showed that it passed noon. The sudden ring of the doorbell made her stirred in her sleep. She grumbled something incoherently but didn’t get out from her bed. The doorbell didn’t stop ringing which made her groaned again. She finally sat up with a messy bed hair. She tossed the warm duvet over her and get out from her bed.

“I’m coming!!” She shouted while going down the stairs. She opened the door and screamed on his or her face. “WHAT?!”

“Whoa, someone is grumpy in the morning.” A very familiar voice said. Saemi rubbed her eyes with her palm and opened her eyes wider then she squinted it. It was blurry at first but then she clearly saw who it was. Her eyes widened as saucers.

“Byunghun?!” She shouted. L.Joe just chuckled. “Yours truly” He smiled greasily.

“W-what are you doing here? And h-how did you know where my house?” She asked with her eyes still widened.

“How… I got my own way. And what… I thought of asking you out on a date. But looks like you didn’t even wake up yet.” L.Joe said with a smiled as he looked at her up and down. Saemi was wearing an over-size shirt and a short pant. Her face reddened and she quickly shut the door.

L.Joe blinked when the door shut on his face. “Hey are you going to let a handsome guy like me stay outside like this?” He knocked on the door lightly. Saemi rolled her eyes by his statement but smiled anyway. She unlocked the door and ran upstairs. She closed the door to her bedroom and sent a text message to L.Joe.

L.Joe’s phone vibrated and he took it. He read the text that Saemi just sent to him.

“Come in the house and make yourself at home. I’ll go get ready. Get yourself a drink at the kitchen. ;p”

From: My Angel

L.Joe chuckled looking at the text message. He carefully twisted the door knob and went inside. He looked at the beautiful interior and tours himself at the living room and the kitchen. He opened the refrigerator and saw a lot of apple juice. He blinked and took one of it. “She must’ve love apple juice a lot.” He laughed a bit.

He poured himself a glass of apple juice and started to walk around the living room. He saw the family pictures. Saemi with her parents, Saemi with her three brothers and a picture of herself only. He took the picture frame of Saemi and looked it with a smiled.

The picture showed Saemi was smiling with her hands behind her back. The wind blew her hair and the sunlight that shone on her made her look like an angel.

“You are my angel Saemi. Look how you change me… I didn’t go out with girls anymore, I didn’t go to club often now and… At first I really hate commitment but now… I really like that idea, especially if it with you.” He said to himself and smiled softly. He heard a door been shut, he put the picture down and turned around. Saemi was going down the stairs. She was wearing black skinny jean, a light blue printed shirt with a white cardigan. A sling bag was slung around her shoulder.

L.Joe looked at her simple clothes and smiled. He walked up to her. “Sometimes I wonder if you’re really the heiress of the Royal Gold Hotel.”

Saemi blinked, she didn’t understand what L.Joe said at first but then she looked at herself. She smiled, understood what L.Joe was trying to say.

“I like simplicity.” She said with a smiled.

“Shall we go?” L.Joe asked. Saemi nodded and they both went out from the house. She made sure that she locked the door. After that they went to L.Joe’s car.

“Where are we going?” Saemi asked when the car already moved away from her neighborhood. L.Joe smiled secretly. “You’ll see.”

“Oh by the way…” L.Joe started, the car stopped at the traffic light. Saemi turned her head towards L.Joe. He turned his head with a seductive smiled. He started to lean in. Saemi eyes widened and she backed away until her back hit the car window.

“You look freaking y in messy bed hair and shorts.” He whispered lowly with husky voice. Saemi could feel his warm breath on her lips. Her eyes widened even more and her cheeks reddened. Her heart beat speed up and she gulped. The car honk from behind snapped her out from L.Joe’s mesmerizing eyes. She pushed L.Joe back to his seat. “W-what are you t-talking about? Drive, the light turned green already.” Saemi stuttered and focused her eye

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter