Chapter 5

Love?

While walking blankly, Seohyun arrived in a park. She sat down on the bench and let out a deep breath. Her head was packed with the thought of Yoochun. Yoochun could die any moment or he could just stay like that forever. Either ways, she can't be with him like they did before. But she just couldn't let go of the hope of Yoochun waking up one day.

She pulled out her phone from her bag to check the time. When she flipped her phone open, there were 7 missed calls and a message. All the calls were from Jaejoong. She opened the message. It was also from Jaejoong

From Jaejoong-ssi

Where are you?

Quickly, Seohyun called Jaejoong.

Jaejoong was asleep on the sofa with his phone in his hands. He has been waiting for Seohyun to call him. At the vibration of his phone, he immediately woke up and picked up.

"Hello?"

"Seohyun where are you now?" he sounded urgent.

"I'm at a park near your house."

"I need to talk to you. So stay there, I'll go to you."

"Okay."

Jaejoong ended the call and drove to the park near his neighborhood.

In 10 minutes or so, Seohyun saw a black car. Right away, she knew it was Jaejoong.

"Seohyun!" Jaejoong was running towards her as he called out her name.

Seohyun smiled at him.

"Seohyun! Were you sick? I heard you didn't go to work today. Why didn't you pick up your phone?"

"Calm down Jaejoong-ssi. Have a seat," Seohyun’s lips curl into a smile when she saw Jaejoong freaking out like that.

Jaejoong calmed down a bit and obediently sat down next to her on the bench.

"So now tell me, where were you?"

"Today's my brother's birthday so I went to see him."

"To where?"

"To the... Hospital."

"Hospital?"

"Yeah. My brother is in coma," she said, facing down at the ground

"Oh.. I'm sorry," Jaejoong said as he patted her back so that it might ease her sadness.

"It's okay," said Seohyun with a smile, trying to cover up her sadness, but few drops of tear escaped from her eyes.

Jaejoong was surprised by this side of her. He has only seen the bright and bubbly side of her so it was very... Unfamiliar.

Seohyun quickly wiped her tears and smiled.

"You guys must've been really close. It seems like you love him a lot."

"Yeah we were. He really cared about me and was always by my side. He was so nice to me from the first time we've met,"

"From the first time...?"

"I was adopted by Yoochun's family when I was ten. He said he always wanted a little sister. So he really liked me and treated me like a princess," said Seohyun with a tiny smile as she recalled the memories.

Jaejoong smiled at when he saw her smile.

Continuing on, she said, "We did everything together and were together all the time. And... I loved him so much. I loved him in a way that I shouldn't. And he did too. I think our parents knew that, but ignored it for us. Then Yoochun graduated high school and went to college and that meant we had to be separated. So we didn’t get to see each other very often. Then I graduated and went to college too. I chose piano major because it was our favorite thing to do. It was him who taught me how to play it. But last year on his birthday, exactly one year ago, our family got together to celebrate it," She paused for a moment and as that memory played on her mind, her expression changed.

With a weak and sad voice, she continued on, "On the way there... We got into a car accident. Both of our parents passed away from it and since then, Yoochun oppa was in coma."

Tears were flooding out her eyes. She was crying.

Jaejoong didn't know what to do, but he didn't want her to cry and be in pain. Wishing that it would make her feel at least a bit better, he wrapped his arms around her. Seohyun leaned her head on his shoulder and cried silently. Jaejoong patted her back softly and stayed like that until she stopped crying.

 After few minutes, Seohyun's cry was softened and calmed.

She whispered with her weak voice, "Thank you Jaejoong-ssi."

Jaejoong pulled away from the hug to see her face. Her eyes were puffy and her face was red. He could see her clearly even though it was dark.

Then with his big hand, Jaejoong carefully wiped the tears from her face.

Seohyun looked up with her big round eyes in surprise.

"Don't cry Seohyun," he said sincerely, looking into her eyes.

Thump. Thump. Thump.

Seohyun felt her heart beating faster and louder.

"Seohyun, I didn't know that you went through so much pain."

"I've never told anyone about this. I actually didn't have anyone to. Thank you for listening."

"No, thank you for sharing it with me. It must've been not easy to talk about this."

Seohyun smiled at him and he smiled back.

"I feel better now after telling you all."

"You do?"

"Yeah. Now I don't have anything that I'm hiding from you."

"Really? There's nothing else?" Jaejoong looked at her suspiciously in a playful way.

"Umm... Maybe there is," she said, just to .

"What is it?" Jaejoong asked eagerly.

"I'm not telling you!" Seohyun said and quickly walked away.

"Yah! Wait!" Jaejoong called out as he chased after her.

Jaejoong ran and grabbed her hand.

"Yah. I told you to wait. How can you just run away like that?"

Seohyun just laughed sheepishly at his question. Glad that she's happy again, Jaejoong smiled too. Then they walked around the park hand in hand.


WOW I have 31 subscribers! Thank you so much! I felt really encouraged. Please enjoy this story and subscribe, comment and vote! Thank you!