She's my Cousin

My Darabie

"In that fleeting moment, I saw you amongst the crowd of strangers."

Somebody’s POV

Sooyoung decided to bring Dara in Myeong-dong. Dara struggled to keep up with Sooyoung as she follows her strides. Dara couldn’t believe how Sooyoung can walk in those “tall shoes” or what Sooyoung calls “heels”. She never saw any of those before and she thought that if she ever wore those, she will lose her feet immediately. They went to many shops and eventually their arms were full of paper bags of different brands.

‘Would you like to rest Dara?’, Sooyoung finally asked her.

‘Of course prin- unnie!’, Dara immediately nodded, too eager to finally rest her arms and legs.

‘Ok! Let’s go to a coffee shop, I bet you haven’t tried milkshake before!’, Sooyoung beamed as she looped arms with Dara before dragging her towards a certain coffee shop. Sooyoung ordered ice coffee while Dara hesitantly picked mango milkshake. When they got their order they seated near the window.

‘So Dara tell me, how was it, living with that punk?’, Sooyoung asked as she sipped her ice coffee.

‘It was a pleasure living with him though I still find it hard to adapt since everything is new..’, Dara replied with a soft smile.

‘Does he cause you a lot of trouble? If he does just call me and I’ll beat him up like—‘, Sooyoung started but was cut off by Dara’s hand waving at her.

‘Oh no, no! Prin-unnie, Prince Jae always took great care of me! He teaches me things I do not understand and he—‘, Dara defended softly with wide eyes.

‘Kekeke ok, ok! I get it. Kekeke you guys are really close, you know? I actually never saw him this so carefree ever since, I don’t know, a long time ago? He’s a grumpy kid who was spoilt rotten ever since he was born since he was the youngest and the only guy. I bet you know this already’, Sooyoung smiled at Dara who quietly sip her milkshake. Dara widened her eyes brightly and sipped it again.

‘Yes, I’ve witness the love and adoration you gave Prince Jae ever since he was young. I find it somewhat warm whenever I see the strong family bond you have’, Dara replied after taking a few sip from her milkshake and sipped it again after. Sooyoung chuckled at how adorable Dara was. It was refreshing and she understood why her little brother seemed to be attached to this lovely lady.

‘Thank you. Do you like it, Dara?’, Sooyoung asked Dara who was continuously sipping her milkshake little by little.

‘Yes, it’s unusual yet it’s delicious!’, Dara replied enthusiastically.

‘kekeke do you want another one?’, Sooyoung asked.

‘Yes!’, she beamed before smiling shyly.

‘Ok, I’ll get you another one’, Sooyoung asked as she stood up.

‘No, unnie I will get it myself—‘, Dara stood up as well but Sooyoung pushed her down the seat.

‘No, I’ll get it. Stay here’, Sooyoung smiled before going towards the counter.

Dara reluctantly went back to her milkshake. Suddenly, she heard a flash. She looked up towards outside and saw a man holding a camera in front of him. She gasped in surprised. Then the man pulled away his camera to meet Dara with his smile. She gaped at him in confusion and recognition. Dara knew the guy was one of Jae’s friend but she forgot his name. The man outside waved and Dara reluctantly waved back. The man smiled even wider before going away. Dara was confused but shrugged it before going back to her milkshake.

‘Here’s your milkshake’, Sooyoung gave Dara her milkshake before taking a seat.

‘Thank you, unnie’, Dara bowed softly at her.

‘No need to be formal Dara’, Sooyoung stated as she laughed softly.

‘So Dara’s your name, doll?’, a man said behind Dara and both women became startled.

‘What the---OMMO!’, Sooyoung gasped in surprise as she look at the man. Dara turned around only to meet the guy who was the one outside the window.

‘Oh! Hi noona!’, the guy said as he noticed the lady with Dara.

‘Yah! What are you doing here? And why the hell are you not in disguise?!’, Sooyoung whispered anxiously.

‘Eh, it was getting stuffy with all the things covering me so I decided to just forget about it. Amazingly, nobody recognised me yet!’, the guy beamed at Sooyoung while Dara looks at them with confusion.

‘Anyways before we get attention can you please introduce me to this doll?’, the guy said as he practically sat beside Dara who stiffened at the mention of “doll”.

‘Uhh…. she’s my… uh… cousin! Yeah she’s a distant cousin of mine!’, Sooyoung stuttered as she came up with a lie. She knew that sharing information about Dara is a no, no in her family especially now that she’s in human form.

‘Your distant cousin?’, the guy asked suspiciously.

‘Yep! Dara Kim, that’s her name’, Sooyoung evaded his suspicious look.

‘Dara Kim, you look familiar…’, the guy said as he studied her closely. Dara stiffened at how close he was.

‘Tsk is that your new pick up line?’, Sooyoung responded with an awkward laugh.

‘Nah, noona you know I’m a true gentleman. Anyways noona, would you mind introducing both of us?’, the guy asked cheekily as he stared at the untainted beauty beside him.

‘Uh… Dara this is one of Jae’s buddy… Kim Hyunjoong. Hyun this is Dara Kim’, Sooyoung hesitantly introduced both of them. She doesn’t know if it was the right decision. Jae will definitely be pissed at her.

‘Nice to meet you, doll’, Hyunjoong smiled brightly at her as he offer his hand.

‘It is a pleasure to meet you as well, sir Hyunjoong’, Dara hesitantly gave her hand to shake his but instead Hyunjoong turned her hand and kissed it gently, never letting his eyes off of her.

‘No, the pleasure is mine’, he smiled softly at the blushing Dara before reluctantly letting go of her hand as Sooyoung coughed to let him know that she was still there.

‘Well we have to go now, Hyun. I must take Dara home’, Sooyoung informed him as she started to get all their things before standing up. Dara followed her movements and in no time both ladies stood in front of Hyunjoong.

‘Eh? But we just met’, Hyunjoong whined and Sooyoung chuckled.

‘Next time, Hyun. Bye~’, Sooyoung said as she kissed his cheeks and striding out.

‘We’ll meet again, doll!’, Hyunjoong grinned at Dara who blushed.

‘Goodbye, sir Hyunjoong’, Dara replied timidly before following Sooyoung out.

‘We’ll meet again, for sure’, Hyunjoong mumbled as he looked at the beauty’s retreating back. He smiled at his discovery. He looked at his camera and saw the most beautiful thing he ever pictured. He doesn’t know why but his gut is telling him that Dara Kim is special. He doesn’t know why or how but one thing is for sure, he’ll follow his instinct. He only hoped that fate will help him.

 

************************************************************************************************************************

last update of the week! :D

Hope you enjoy it guys!! >.<

Kim Hyunjoong' character?

Well...it's a secret~ ;P

kekekeke see ya guys~

PS tell me what you think!

-Love, Rako-chii~