Chapter 5

Flipped. (Based off the K-Drama Boys Over Flowers) [Temporary Hiatus]

Quick A/N: I am so sorry about not updating in over a month. School has kept me really occupied and trying to get my ideas down as words is getting harder and harder. I didn't forget about you guys or this fic, I've just been really busy. Sorry sorry sorry sorry....I can't really say it enough (without singing Super Junior) I'll keep updating as much as I can. Enjoy chapter 5.

Hongki POV:

The bell rang and I grabbed my stuff, scrambling out of the classroom and heading to my locker to put my stuff away and grab my lunchbox. I took my time walking to the cafeteria and took a seat at an empty table. As soon as I opened my lunch box, the 3 es, as I like to call them, came over. Raine scrunched her nose up and looked at my food, "So that's what that smell is. Nikki, you know what I need." The way she purred those words with her harsh tone seemed to come too naturally. Nikki handed her a small bottle and with a grin, Raine sprayed the air around my food and them, wafting the smell of the perfume towards her. I leaned over my food to protect it from the perfume, and Mickayla just scoffed. After a minute, they walked away. I swear to god if I smell like a girl because of them someone's gonna die. I went to go eat one of my rolled eggs, but I stopped when I got the feeling of being watched. I looked up to see a boy who appeared to be my grade standing at the side of my table looking at my food. I expected him to say something like the 'Sparkling 3' did, but what I didn't expect was him to smile and look over at me, and ask, "Can I try one? I've never seen those before." I blinked and looked at him for a moment, trying to decipher if I heard him right. "Um, yeah. Go ahead." I handed him my chopsticks and he took them, grabbing one of my rolled eggs and popping it into his mouth. "Mmmmm thank you! I'm Min-jun by the way. Bang Min-jun. What's your name, you're new here aren't you?" I smiled as he put my chopsticks back on the table. "I'm Hongki. Lee Hongki. And yeah, today's my first day." Long story short, he sat by me and we talked for a bit. Lunch went by quickly and I'd made my first friend at the new school.

We both decided to get ice cream as the day ended and walked about campus just joking around and being typical teenage boys. Min-jun failed to notice the dropoff of where we were walking from as he fell over...right on Jonghoon's shoes, leaving a large spot of ice cream on one of them. I'd never seen a more intense glare in my life. 

Jonghoon POV:

I took a deep breath in and glared down at my feet and at the shocked boy on the ground.  Immediately, he scrambled up and bowed to me "I'm so sorry, I'll buy you the exact pair immediately Choi Jonghoon." He looked down the whole time, and the tone in his voice was apologetic and sincere. It didn't matter. "Are you richer than me?" I said, making him look up at me in surprise with no answer. "I said, are you richer than me." He shook his head no. "That's what I thought.-Besides. Even if you were, you couldn't get these exact ones immediately. They're handmade from an artisan in Italy. Also. If sorry could fix everything, why would there be laws and police? Quit apologising." By now, his little friend was gaping at me in disbelief and what could be taken as fury. The boy in front of me interrupted my thought process by speaking once more. "I want to do what I can to fix it. What can I do Jonghoon?" I stopped and thought for a second, an evil grin coming to my face. " it." "What?" "I said... it." Min-jun crouched down and his friend grabbed his shoulder. "Yah! Don't it. Just because he's rich doesn't mean he can tell you what to do." I scoffed. "Then you it, new boy." The boy crouched down and got close to my shoe, I grinned as he was about to it and looked away for a second. The moment I looked away, I got an ice cream cone to the face and a kick that sent me to the ground in shock. The kid walked over to me and stuck a sticker on my forehead. "That's Hongki to you. If the stain doesn't come out, bring it to my place." He proceeded to throw ₩3000 at me. "It's ₩2500 at my place, but I'll go by Gangnam standards." Hongki and Min-jun walked away and the rest of F4 was struggling not to laugh.


I stood in the lounge, violently throwing darts at the dart board, the sticker right in the middle of the dart board. "Why are you so bothered? Can't you just give him the red card like you would anyone else who gives you trouble?" Minhwan asked curiously, but with ulterior motives of taunting me. Seunghyun decided to join in on the taunting. "I think Jonghoon's got a thing for Hongki. I mean why else would he be this offset by it." Seunghyun elbowed Minhwan in the side, and both of them laughed. "Say another word and I'll shoot this dart through both of your heads." I cut in, halfway joking, halfway serious. I could hear Jaejin laughing from across the room. "Don't you think that's a bit harsh?" "Hey if it works." I laughed and Minhwan put his hands up in retreat as Seunghyun went to go get a drink.

Hongki POV:

I walked into the porridge shop and grabbed my apron off the rack, putting it on and tying the back. I leaned over the counter and looked in the kitchen to see Wonbin pigging out and Joon-hwan making porridge for the dinner rush. "So how was your first day? Did you put those rich people in their pla-" Judging by his expression I'm guessing that he took my silence as a no, which it was. He decided to ask different questions. "Did you make any new friends? Or are you a loner?"

"Wetoriya..."

"That's so unlike you! You gotta put them in their place Hongki!"

"Well, I may or may not have done that to one."

"Who did you tell off?"

I mumbled.

"I'm sorry what was that, hyung?"

"Choi Jonghoon."

Joon-hwan cut in. "That's like asking to get killed. Hongki what were you thinking?" He laughed slightly.

"He was being an , okay? I had to make him think."

"I think you need to think. What exactly happened?" Wonbin asked, taking a spoonful of porridge in his mouth and immediately choking after swallowing it due to the heat.

I had to hold back a laugh, but I went back to seriousness as I explained the events of the day.

A couple hours passed and finally, it was time for the shop to close. We locked up the store and I headed home. The first thing I did was hit the rice pot for a quick meal. Of course my mom scolded me and took it away, but by then I was ful anyways. I headed off to bed, not so looking forward to my second day at Sangdan.


A/N: Okay so I owe you all a HUGE apology. It's been almost 2 months since my last update, and this chapter isn't really that good either. I didn't forget about you guys. I'm so sorry this chapter kind of and that it's been forever since my last update. School is draining all my energy, plus having 3 stories and a co-authored story is more than a little overwhelming. I really hope you understand. Thank you all for sticking around. I'll update as soon as possible.