IX

23:30
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

5

"We only live once and I don't ever want regret all the things I haven't done," Seunghyun says.

She raises an eyebrow at him. "What are you suggesting?"

“I’m suggesting we release balloons.” She notices the playful glint in his eyes and gasps.

“No way!”

“Come on, let me show you my mountain top.”

 

He brings her onto the roof of one of the tallest buildings in towns. “You see, the best thing about this place is…”

“The view?”

“Nah, there’s no cell reception. Sometimes you just have to get away from it all, don’t’ you?”

She lets out an airy laugh as he passes her a water balloon.

“This is going to be fun.”

“ I still think you’re crazy”

 

They have too much fun tossing water balloons from the top of the building and when a security guard catches them red handed after receiving complaints from the people below, they toss one extra large one at him and makes sure it bursts smack in his face before running away. He is left in shock and they are left high on adrenaline and endorphin. They both chuckle and she makes a statement.

“Blondes certainly do not have more fun,” she jokes and he laughs along, because hell, how true is that?

 

6

“Let’s go star gazing”

They drive all the way to the countryside in the afternoon with multiple shots of espresso in the back of the car and arrive slightly before sundown.

“Everything feels so nostalgic,” she whispers and he nods with a “I know.”

Night falls soon enough, and they’re left gulping coffee on the top of someone’s roof by the countryside.

 

"Everyone is like a shooting star. You can either chose to brighten up someone's darkest nights, even if only for a while, or you can chose to be a chuck of burnt debris, left wallowing in self pity.”

“You should be a poet.”

“I know and I want be like a guiding light.”

He allows a small smile, “You already are.”

 

They sit in silence and intertwine fingers for i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter