XXXV

23:30
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

On Sunday, he makes a pact with the devil. A thick brown envelope in exchange for seven days of her life. It’s crazy and wrong, but he cannot be bothered for the fire is gone and she's here with him. Everything seems perfect, and they are infinite.

 

1

On the first day, they head out to the old kiosk by the alley. Graffiti sprayed walls line the streets like an army of cartoons ready to take on the world. The old lady managing the store is just the same, hair a tad bit whiter, with a chance of fairy dust. They make their way into the store. Everything is the same: the thick wooden shelves, the off-white paint and the tubes of glaring fluorescent light from above. He gazes at her as though she's a fantasy and leans forth to reach for her fingers. They fit perfectly where they belong and he lets out a shaky breath as he holds her close. It has been this long. They grab the usual stuff: popcorn, tortilla chips and a lot of candy floss. 

The old lady recognises the duo and gives them a warm smile, asking them questions about their love life (whether they've made babies yet), as she packs their stuff. Miyoung's face flushes a bright red as the elder woman chuckled and patted her on the shoulder.

XXX

"Miyoung."

"Yes?" she replies as she turns around. Her hair sways gently in the breeze and he cannot help but notice how perfect she looks: make up free and natural. Not Tiffany, just Miyoung.

"Nothing. I just like saying your name."

She gives him a cheeky eye roll and tosses a blue M&N towards him. He catches it with his teeth and a boyish grin appears on his face, the edges of his eyes crinkling slightly and fats gathering below his dark orbs.

She sticks out his tongue at him before shrieking, "Seunghyun!"

"What?" he whirls around completely flustered until she lets out a laugh.

"Nothing," she smirks as she quotes his exact words, "I just like saying your name."

He tosses popcorn at her face and she dodges. (One gets stuck in her hair though, and they laugh over it later while waiting for the bus back home).

 

2

Day two and they're at some desolate cafe in the middle of nowhere. The cupcakes they have on display are rather pretty and it takes Miyoung more than five minutes to swoon over how cute they are before finally deciding on wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter