here we go again

which way?

Sound of glass breaking and shouting wakes 5 years old taeyeon. Never day passed without her parents arguing. Little taeyeon trying to ignore the sound by hiding under the blanket but the sound getting louder each time. "Where were you last night, huh? Gambling again?! I asked you to buy milk for our child but you go gambling without care of the family?" Shout taeyeon's mom to her father. But her father choose to quiet for he is tired hearing same word everyday. "Cat got your tounge? After you spent all the money we have, now you back to this house without feeling guilty?" Taeyeon's father trying to walk away to avoid his wife. "Where are you going now?! I haven't finished talking to you!" Shout taeyeon's mom. Without turning around, her father says, "i'm sick listening to your voice! The fault is always mine, you never satisfied in everything that i do! It is because of you that i go gambling to get happiness! Everytime i go home you shout at me! I'm tired, i want to sleep."

Little taeyeon has to hear her parents arguing everyday without absent. There is always thing that makes them fight. Taeyeon doesn't understand why her parents marry each other if the have to fight everyday. But the question answered oneday when she asked her mother. "The most important thing in this world is money. I thought Your father comes from a rich family, so even if he is ugly and old, as long as he has money, who cares? But who knows that your father spents too much money in gambling that his parents don't want to give money anymore! Now i'm married to an ugly and poor man!" Taeyeon could only stand still without a word hearing her mother's confession. Is it true that money is everything? What about love?

"Love?! What can love give to you? Can you use love to get food? Clothes? House? Can you travelling around the world using love?! No! You need money! Remember taeyeon, marriage based on love is bull! You have to find a rich husband so you could be happy, understand?" Little taeyeon could only nod her head. In her innocent little mind she thinks that all the fight happens because they are poor and as long as thay have money they will be happy. Taeyeon promise to her self that she will be a rich person when she grown up so her parents could stop fighting. She determined to makes her parents happy.

Based on that promise, she always do whatever her parents wants. Never talk back when she gets scold although it's not her fault. Just crying in the silence when she got hit. She tried to endured all of this because she wish her parents happiness. She has one brother and two sisters. All of them get the same treatment. They got hit for every kittle mistake that they did. When they got a bad score in school, when they don't want to take a nap, when they don't agree with their parents decision. Taeyeon and her siblings passed their childhood in pain and sadness. They could only pray that oneday their parents would stop hit them and start seeing them as human. Next middle high school life..