Son of Jang and Spirits of Trees

Story Of Evil

Jang Dongwoo, a guy who had a family name Jang. His home in Jang Kingdom was destroyed by the previous king of Kim Kingdom. Because Jang Kingdom was so poor and suffered. They always complained if they didn’t get food from neighboring kingdom. Sunggyu’s father a.k.a King of Kim Kingdom was tired to hear their complain. He enrolled the soldiers to destroy the Jang Kingdom. Hopefully, Dongwoo’s mom gave Dongwoo to her sister in Lee Kingdom. After Dongwoo’s aunt died. He lived by his own.

Dongwoo always be gossiped by everyone in Lee kingdom. Because just him, the one who had Jang family name.

Dongwoo tired to hear all of gossip about him.

“I’m sorry for being alive.” Dongwoo mumbled.

Dongwoo came to the forest where Sungjong always took a rest. Dongwoo saw the tree with flower named Hoya round it. He kneeled down prayed near the old tree. He closed his eyes and gripped his other hand.

*Live alone is tiring, I just wanted someone who became my friend. *

Slowly tears appeared on Dongwoo’s face. The spirit of tree could know what Dongwoo wished for. He finally knew why Dongwoo was crying even the weather was good. He really wanted to grant it.

If he can.

But not with this body.

Sungjong always told him if became human was hard. But the spirit of tree wanted to grant his wish.

“Can I help you? Spirit of tree named Lee Howon?” Asked D.O the sorcerer of forest.

“Are you D.O?” Asked Howon.

D.O nodded, “Just call me Kyungsoo, Howon Hyung.”

“Can I be a human? To grant his wish?” Howon pointed at Dongwoo who already slept on grass.

“Yes, but if you had already become human. You’ll know how hard became human and can’t live longer like trees who can live for thousands years.” Told Kyungsoo.

Howon thought for awhile. If he became a tree, he would live for thousand years but couldn’t go anywhere because the root stuck in the soil. He just could see the scenery of the forest. And if he became human, he would just live for 50 or 60 years. But he wanted to see the beach. Sungjong always showed him the scenery of the beach through photos. And he really wanted to see it with his own eyes. And also he can grant Dongwoo’s wish by became his friend.

“Yeah, it’s okay with age. I wanted to be human. I want to see the world and feel hard about being human.” Told Hoya.

Kyungsoo nodded. He lifted his stick. The light appeared on his stick and swung it to Howon. The light around Howon slowly made his physical body appeared. He could touch part of his body. But slowly, he closed his eyes with no reason.

...

Dongwoo stood up and was about to go home. To his lonely house. Suddenly, he heard a sound. Like someone fell from height. He looked back and saw someone fainted. And that was Howon.

Dongwoo shook his body. But still didn’t wake up. Dongwoo found if this guy has a perfect face. Not handsome as Prince Myungsoo, but he can be the second the most of the handsome man. His eyelashes were long. His pointed nose and curved lips. And his soft hair like a cat made Dongwoo’s hand tickled.

Howon opened his eyes slowly, Dongwoo surprised to see he opened his eyes. His caramel eyes were so beautiful. He looked at Dongwoo then smiled at him.

“Why are you smiling?” Asked Dongwoo.

“Nothing.” Howon tried to wake up. He saw a spirit that have a same age with him stayed at his tree.

“I’ll keep your tree, howon hyung.” Smiled another the spirit of tree.

Howon smiled back and saw Dongwoo. Dongwoo wondered at Hoya. Hoya just smiled and turned back at him.

“What’s your name?” Asked Howon.

“Dongwoo, you?” Asked Dongwoo.

 Howon in silence for awhile. Because he can’t tell  his real name. His name was ugly according to him. He looked around him. And found some flowers around the tree where he ever lived.

“What is the name of the flowers?” Asked Howon.

“That’s Hoya.” Told Dongwoo.

Hoya. A name of flower. But Howon looked happy after knowing the name of that flower. He didn’t realize if there were flower around his tree. Maybe Sungjong planted it before. A curved smile appeared on his face.

“Call me Hoya!” Hoya pointed at himself.

Dongwoo smiled and gave him his hand. Hoya wandered with him.

“What are you doing?” Asked Hoya.

“If you meet someone for the first time, you should shake your hands with someone’s hand that you meet.”

Hoya took his hand and shook Dongwoo’s hand gently.

“Nice to meet you!” Smiled Hoya.

Dongwoo widened his eyes in disbelief. It’s a first time to see someone smiling at him besides his aunt and parents. Dongwoo dropped his tears. And made Hoya surprised.

“What happen?” Asked Hoya.

Dongwoo couldn’t stop his tears. He wiped all of his tears but it couldn’t stop. Still streaming like a waterfall.

“You’re handsome and has a sweet voice. You would be loved by everyone. But my existence holds no meaning. Why are you so kind to me? Is it pity because you know I am so inferior?” Asked Dongwoo.

Hoya held Dongwoo tight. And that made Dongwoo cried  louder and louder. Hoya whispered Dongwoo to calm him down.

“You are the wonderful person that I have ever met.”

Dongwoo widened his eyes. He started to cry again, and his voice was crying so loud in Hoya’s arm, until all of spirit of tree can hear it.

"So, Even though our differences separate us, We're still attracted to each other." Told Hoya.

Dongwoo cried louder and louder.

Even if the entire world laughed and hated Dongwoo. He still had Hoya that needed him. Just that all he need to be happy.  In Hoya’s deepest heart, He promised that he would protect his clumsy friend and dongsaeng, Sungjong. Even Sungjong still didn’t know if Hoya became human.

“Aigoo, you were such a baby. How old are you?” Asked Hoya. He patted Dongwoo’s head.

“22 years old.” Told Dongwoo. Still sniffled.

“Ah, I’m younger than you. I am 21 years old. But I'll protect you. So, stay by my side." 

Dongwoo smiled in happiness. FInally his wish became true. A friend that he waited for. Finally by his side

Dongwoo lifted his head slowly. There were tears and also mucus came out of  his nose. Hoya giggled at Dongwoo. Suddenly, they heard someone screaming like a dolphin. Hoya knew the owner of that voice. It was Sungjong.

“Hyung... You became...” Told Sungjong in fear.

Dongwoo wondered at Sungjong.

*What did ‘became’ mean? Or he thought that Sungjong was Hoya’s girlfriend and was in jealous that Hoya hugged me. But wait, that girl called Hoya hyung. Was it a boy? But he was too beautiful for a boy.* Thought Dongwoo.

“What do you mean?? I didn’t become a homoual!” Shouted Hoya.

Hoya knew the word of homoual when Sungjong told that a man always touched him and called that man was homoual. Sungjong almost splited the word that Hoya was a spirit of tree. Hoya didn’t want if Dongwoo knew that Hoya was a spirit of tree who accidentally hear his wish.

“Ah, And anyway. Who is the boy behind you.” Sungjong pointed at Dongwoo.

“Ah, this is Dongwoo. He was older than us!” Told Hoya.

“Nice to meet you. I am Lee Sungjong, Hoya younger brother.”

Sungjong gave his hand at Dongwoo. Dongwoo took Sungjong’s hand and shook it gently. Dongwoo surprised if Sungjong’s hand was so softer than the girls’ hand. His face really looked like Song Hye Kyo, a princess of Song Kingdom. It was hard to believe if he was a boy.

“I am Jang Dongwoo.” Told Dongwoo.

“Jang?!” Sungjong surprised. He never believed that he would meet the boy of Jang that always be gossiped. Dongwoo already knew to see Sungjong’s reaction. Maybe he would hate him.

“It’s hard to believe a family name of Jang still alive. Because I read the history that Jang Kingdom already destroyed.” Told Sungjong.

“You don’t hate me?” Asked Dongwoo.

Sungjong shook his head, “If you didn’t have any place to stay, you can stay with us.”

Dongwoo’s eyes tearing and hugged Sungjong and Hoya. This was his first time to have friends. This was his best day ever. With sun was lighting the noon beautifully.

“Thank you.....” Mumbled Dongwoo.

To be continued