Welcome Back

Choices

It's finally great to be back. A young man wearing a blue v-neck tee, dark jeans, and sunglasses walked out of the Incheon international Airport. That young man is me. Ahh the air never been fresher. Out of nowhere, something sprung on me and attached onto me. That thing was Krystal Jung.

K: Oppa!! You're finally back! Did you bring me any gifts from L.A.?

D: It's been ten minutes since I landed and you're asking for something already? But of course I brought you one on one condition, whose your favorite guy in the whole world?

K: hmmm....Minho Oppa? Just kidding! It's you now where is it?

D: Pabo! Of course it's me and whose this Minho huh should I beat him up? Better not be some punk but here.

I opened my suitcase and took out a neatly wrapped pink box. She took it and started shaking it with a smile. Behind her I saw a young woman walking towards me.  She embraced me with a light hug.

J: welcome back Hae!

D: Ahh my Sica I miss you do you miss me? 

I made a duck kissy face towards her. 

J: eww stop it! Anyways I'm glad you're back. Sorry Taec couldn't make it he's still at the office.

D: my cousin always busy alright  let's go have some fun before the company calls me

 

We all arrived at the mansion exhausted. An old man, woman, and young man awaited us at the dinner table. They each hugged me.

T: Hae! Looking good how was L.A?

D: same old haha. I picked up surfing next time ill teach you.

Uncle: alright everyone. I'm glad you're back Hae. But today we have a big announcement and an important guest.

Mrs. Jung: hello my lovely daughters.

J: Mom....what are you doing here

Aunt: We would like to announce the marriage of our son Taecyeon and the Jung's beautiful daughter Jessica.

D: ehhh? 

I just got back and they spring this on me. The love of my life and my cousin. I knew this was coming but I never thought it would be so soon. I looked at Jessica and could see just a small smile. Taecyeon was beaming and staring at her. She excused herself and walked to the garden. I got up and ran after her before Taec did and saw him staring at me from the corner of my eye. There she was in the garden staring at the night sky. I went behind her and covered her eyes. 

D: Guess who?

J: Some dummy. 

D: haha I never gave you a gift earlier 

I took out a shabby old tin cookie can. She opened it and smiled then gave me hug and kiss on my cheek. Inside the box was our promise when we were little. There were photos and a letter. I made this when I was little. The promise was to give each the gifts we made ourselves when the other has found love. My dream was for both us to get our gifts at the same time but as you can see I can never be with my love. 

J: I guess I won this promise.

D: hey it was a promise not a bet. You're lucky you don't have to dig up yours. I spent hours looking awhile ago and hid it under my bed. But I have one more thing for you. Close your eyes.

I left a small box on the side table and went back inside quietly.

J: Hae...

She opened the box and it was a bracelet engraved with "to my Sica I will always be there", a can of her favorite candy and a recording card.

" To my best friend, it's been awhile with that letter lets see about 15 years. I forgot what I wrote so in case it was horrible I made you a better one. You're a great person and I'm here for you"

Jessica smiled and put everything in the box but the candy. She was chewing one when she heard someone coming out.

J: Ha- Taec it's you.

T: are you disappointed? 

He put his arm around her.

T: look you know I love you Sica and I don't want to rush things but I don't want to lose you either... I love you

J: iii can we talk about this later I just need some time. 

She got out of his embrace and walked back into the house with her stuff. Taecyeon stood there looking at her back walk in and the door close with sadness in his eyes. 

T: when will you ever be ready.....

Jessica got home and plopped down on her bed when she accidentally hit the edge of the box from Hae. 

J: oh yes the letter...

She opened the letter.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear lovely cucumber hating ice princess Sica,

this is fishy Hae. I hate doing these things you make me very girly and won't play Legos with me. No Legos but only tea parties. I don't know why I like you. But me and Taec want Legos no more tea parties. Too bad girls have cooties. 

Your fishy,

Hae

p.s. I got my cootie shot so we can still play together :)

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jessica laughed and smiled then she stop and a tear dropped on the letter. 

J: fate and destiny has torn us apart. So it's time to move on. 

She put the letter in the box and the box into the closet. Then she went to sleep. Meanwhile....

T: Hae we need to talk....basketball tomorrow after lunch?

D: sure anything wrong?

T: no I just need to ask you something important

D: sure see you tomorrow 

 

 

authors notes: chapter 2 is coming soon please comment subscribe criticize(constructive only) 

to explain the promise: they were little and decided to write a letter to each other and bury it. When one finds love the other has to find the letter they wrote and give it to the person who found love

 

 I know the promise is a little stupid but the story will flow haha :D