2.

Fate.

"Park Charin."

She stood up as her name being called and walked toward the lecturer's desk, only to found Mr. Han's bitter expression. Being anxious over his expression, she asked with a frown on her face, "Am.. I.. failed, sir?" Her voice was trembling. She thought she was out of breath, or she was indeed breathless.

He nodded. I'm screwed, she thought. "Your voice were not in a good condition. That proves that you can't take a good care of your health," she was about to speak but he cut her, "No excuse. The remedial is next month. Don't miss it. And please, takecare of your body, for your own sake, Ms. Park." He called her by her last name. This is serious. And his tone was firm, unlike the other days.

Mr. Han is a fun person. He is one of the friendliest men she has ever met. He dropped the formality to all of his students just because he wanted them to be comfortable toward him, like friends. Plus, he's not that old. He just became 41 two weeks ago, married to a good woman, at least in her opinion based on how composed he looks every single day, and currently raised a baby boy. He usually fun, but not today.

"I'm sorry, Mr. Han." She bowed her head low, showed him her compunction.

"It's okay," he said with a softer tone this time, his hand lightly squeezed hers, "Just don't disappoint me twice."

She smiled, glad he was finally back to himself, and nodded at him before she got back to her chair.

She took a deep breath and released it slowly. "It's your last chance, Park Charin," she patted her chest before slowly opened the hall door right in front of her.

She took a seat next to her classmate, Jongin, who was failed on the vocal test last month as well. He was the only person she knew personally in the room. There were bunch of students there, but some of them were seniors, so she only recognized their face. They knew her though, she is quite popular, at least, in the Department of Music of this University she attended, but she decided just to smile back at them as they greeted her. Honestly, she didn't really care. She was just glad Jongin was there, so she didn't have to pay attention to their greasy actions they always did everytime they saw her.

Besides, Jongin is not just her classmate. He is her bestfriend. Both of them attended the same both middle and high school, made them glued to each other naturally. The Moms knew each other as well. There were times when the four of them went to have lunch outside, or just stroll around the mall to shop some girl stuff which was Jongin hated the most. He always got dragged by her into a boutique to another ones until he ran away to play some arcade games. In the end, she joined him though.

The reason behind their closeness is: Their passion toward music. That's why they decided to attend the same school once again. For the sake of their dreams.

"Nervous?" He said. He has a deep voice, and it always nice to hear.

"A little." He then patted her thigh gently just to make her calm.

The said seniors just watched them quietly. They are all jealous toward Jongin. Who aren't? She always spent the break time with him, attended the same class until they graduate, sometimes he drove her home. Charin is known as a not-so-open person, but in front of Jongin? Otherwise. People often misunderstood them as a couple for being so close to each other. They enjoyed it though. It was fun to tease those clingy chicks by interupt their flirting session and took Jongin out of the crowd. The chicks would scream over Jongin's arm that wrapped around her shoulder, and they would just laugh it off.

"Park Charin."

She looked up and turned her head to the side.

"You can do it, sweetheart," Jongin said to the nervous girl next to him.

 

-

 

He leaned against the back of the bench, had his arms crossed in front of his firm clothed chest, as he chewed on his favorite strawberry flavored bubble gum. He only had the same thought since this morning. Her. He still could feel her warm gaze that landed on him. He could tell that she was a little bit scared over his stare. He chuckled to himself, "Who aren't?" Then he made a plan to go to his locker, until he got himself stopped in front of the main auditorium.

He walked closer to the slightly-opened door, so he could hear the voice that made him stop his step earlier clearly. A small smile formed on his face as he heard his favorite song, Somewhere Over The Rainbow, being sung. The fact that it was actually a girl's voice tempted him to steal a peek inside. He resisted though. But once the girl gorgeously hit the highest note in the song, he found himself peeking in between the door. He watched her in awe until the girl met the last verse of the song. She did perfect, he thought. The whole room clapped for her as if they agreed with him about how good her voice sounds.

He stepped away from the previous place to his locker, all smiling to himself as he realized one thing.

 

She has a warm gaze.

 

-

 

I lied down on my stomach, listened to some R&B music Chungjae has in his iTunes. This guy's taste on R&B songs is no joke. He loves Brian McKnight so much that he bought all of his songs from the first until the latest songs he released. Well, the six of us do love Brian McKnight, but he just has more love for him. And please take a note: Chungjae is straight.

As I scroll down the playlist, I saw a file named PCR - Hurts (cover). It somehow looked familiar? Of course it did, you fool. You wrote this song years ago! I didn't know I'm actually getting this old. Oh, anyway, it sounded so good until I almost driven to sleep. She pulled off the rap too. And she...

Wait.

I brought myself up to sit and frowned a little as I listened to the voice once more. Something vibrated. My phone.

"Hello?"

"Charin told me to pick her up, but you know... I have stuff to do right here..."

I scoffed, "May I know what kind of stuff you have to do right there, my buddy?"

"Shut up! I'll treat you coffee tomorrow. Hang up!"

"H-hello? Chungjae? YAH!" I just rolled my eyes at the screen. "This bast-"

Now with much difficulty I’m learning the way to love you
I still can’t grasp the way to leave you
Getting used to everything that changes
That leaves, that lives, giving up a lot of things

I just realized I haven't turned the music off. How can she made a strong rap turned into a cute one? He chuckled to himself before he got up to change his sleeping clothes to a proper one.

 

-

 

"The high note though! You really made it this time, baby boo." Jongin gently ruffled her hair, made her pout.

"My hair!"

The guy pouted along with her, "Sawwwrry~"

She couldn't stand it whenever he did that. That looked ugly yet adorable at the same time.

Jongin casually threw his arm over his bestfriend's shoulder and pulled her closer as they walk toward the gate.

She told Jongin that her brother asked Eric to pick her up. So he decided to accompany her until Eric comes. It became a habit though. She has a morning class on Saturday, Chungjae being a sleepyhead, she ended up go to school with Eric, and go home with him also because it's Saturday and Park Chungjae needs some Q-time with his beloved girlfriend, Juhyun unnie. Well, actually.. she doesn't mind. She doesn't mind having her brother's bestfriend as her weekend driver. Besides, he's hot. She bit her lips, tried to hold her laughter over her own dirty thought.

She suddenly felt someone's stare once again. She looked around, and this time, she found him right away. Not like this morning, his stare looks softer. And she could see a small smile on his handsome face. He has perfect cheekbones along with well shaped jawlines. And his eyes.. he has a deep eyes. And the eyebrows thou- Wait. Did I just check him out?

"Hyung!"

She heard Jongin shouted. and found him running toward a tall figure. She smiled. It's Riggy.

"Jongin! How are you?"

"Good! You?" His voice couldn't be higher than this, really. He always this excited everytime he met his Eric hyung. "Hyung, you know what? You got more handsome! I'm jealous."

Eric laughed at Jongin, the two laughed along, and had a little chat until he noticed her appearance. "Hey, there." He extended his hand to her and she grabbed it right away. He gave it a soft squeeze. Glad that Jongin bid a goodbye to them after he recieved a call from his mother, so he didn't have to see these lovey-dovey actions between them. "Tired?"

"A little."

"How about ice cream? Been craving for it lately.."

"Ice cream then!"

He pinched the tip of her nose, which made her scrunched her face up, and opened the door behind them for her before he himself got into the driver seat.

She moves her gaze from the safety belt to the rearview mirror only to found the guy sitting on his red Ducati, behind Eric's car. He nodded at her through the mirror and she couldn't help but smiled at him. He then put the helmet on, quickly departed to she didn't know where. How could she know?

She didn't even know his name.

 


 

OMG FINALLY.

Sorry for the very late update!!!

I already have a draft for the third chapter, so I hope I won't make you wait any longer.

Hope you guys enjoy this chapter!

 

P.S: Ruining grammar is becoming my hobby, so... hehe