1.

Fate.

The sky was slowly getting darker. No stars, the clouds were also busy covering the moon. It looks so empty----- until the figure of lightning showed up, made you jump a little of its sudden appearance. You quickly walked back to your room as you felt some rainwater fell on your skin and closed the door along with the curtain.

You felt a little bit upset that you had to leave the balcony, your favorite place, before midnight. It was one of your daily activities. Sit on that comfy rattan chair which was gifted by your dad, look up at the sky, and pray. Sometimes you told the sky about your life too. How disappointed Mr. Han was when you failed on your vocal test, how your day was going, what song you've been listening to lately. Not that you have mental disorders or stuff, you just wanted to share your stories with your mom who had left 3 years ago. You sure she did that as well, telling you her life in heaven. But you could only feel it, not hear it. Just the thought of her voice made you realize how much you missed her.

"Charin-a.." A husky voice came from outside of your room. The knocking sound started to change into banging. You guessed that person has such a short temper. "Yah, wake up you sleepyhea-----," you opened the door, found your brother standing there, right in front of you. He cleared his throat before saying, "Dad is looking for you. You better be hurry," and his huge hand reached your hair, messed it up gently. He already gone when you were about to revenge.

You walked downstairs after you changed the a-little-bit-soaked shirt to a loose t's you usually wore to sleep. It's a pajama, but it actually looks good on you. Dad always asked whether he could buy you some new other t's, but as expected, the answer was no.

"There you are...," he motioned you to sit across him, "Come here, baby girl. The foods are waiting for you."

You smiled wide at him as a response. You loved it when your dad called you 'baby girl'. It felt like he never wanted you to grow up and stay as a baby forever. "You should call him baby too, dad. Or else he might get jealous," you joked, made your brother scoff. Both of you had 12 years gap, but he acted like he has the same age as yours. Your lips formed into a pout as you continued to bother your sibling, "Chungjae baby~~"

He stood up, ready to punish you. But fortunately, the sound of the door being opened made him stop from what he was doing before and headed toward the door. You just saved 10 years of your life.

"Man, I guess I'm staying tonight," said the guy who was still outside. The door is kinda far from the dinning room, but their conversation still could be heard. The voice was quite familiar though.

You heard your brother chuckled. "Another fight, huh?" The guy didn't answer, he just laughed it off and made his way into your house.

"Hi, dad." It was Eric, one of Chungjae's besties.

"Simon has a very bad choice of nagging words. I teached him, he never learned."

Eric laughed once again before he gave your dad a quick-tight hug, "Not your fault, sir. And sorry for interrupting your dinner."

"Have a seat, and you will be forgiven."

So Eric pulled the chair, next to you, for himself to sit while the maid quickly served the plate on his table. He slightly ruffled your hair as he mouthed "Hey" to you. You greeted him back with your trademark grin, which was never failed to made him chuckle.

Mr. Park grabbed the chopstick and took a look at everyone who was there at the dinning room, "Eat well, babies.. Eat well, Junghyuk.."

"Eat well, daddy."

 

-

 

The alarm rang. You obviously heard it, but tried to not to. Despite hating the fact that it was Saturday and you had a morning class, you still managed to move your off the bed, turned the alarm off, and headed to the bathroom to took a real quick shower. If only it wasn't Mr. Haneul, then you would just spend the whole day on your bed, sleeping, of course.

Done with the breakfast, you stepped closer to the stairs and looked up to find your brother, "Oppa! Hurry up!".

5 minutes.

10 minutes.

20 minutes.

Got no response, you cursed under your breath as you stomped your way out the door.

"Morning class?" asked Eric whom made his way toward you. He wore nothing but sweatpants. It was not your first time seeing such a view, but it never failed to make you gulp down your own saliva. It needed some good seconds to move your gaze from his toned body up to his face. "Need a ride?"

"Uh, thanks. I'll just take a cab." you smiled sweetly at him before waving a goodbye.

"But on me, you don't need to lay some money, you know."

You turned around and raised your eyebrows as you let out a soft chuckle followed by his laughter. You knew, you couldn't reject his offer, you never could. Having him as your crush since you were 9, made your expectation of men madly high. You would only end up by choosing him instead of those cute guys whom asked you for a date. But you greatly got that he was just your childhood crush and a bestfriend of your brother, you could and would not cross the line.

 

-

 

You finally reached school with Eric's help. You gave him a big hug before you got out of the car, and waved a goodbye. You headed toward the huge building in front of you after the figure of his car disappeard.

As you walked, you felt a pair of eyes staring at you. You tried to ignore, but always ended up looking around, wanted to know whom the owner was. You finally got him as you stepped on the first stair. He didn't stop what he was doing before you got him. He just kept on staring, not at your body nor your hair, but right into your eyes. You could feel how cold his eyes were until the bell of the first period rang. He looked away and started to walk through the crowd in the corridor, made you lost his presence.

 

 


 

Sorry for taking too much time! :(

Thank you for subscribing and thank you for spending some seconds to post comments.

Will make it longer on the 2nd chapter! Keep reading!