Hate You

Hate You

Hate You by 2ne1

As I was walking by the café, holding onto one of my favorite drinks ever, looking for one of my best friends, Kim Junsu.

“Hyung, over here…” I see Junsu waving his arms at me.

I smile as I finally spot him and make my way toward him.

“So, what is this special occasion that you called me to come?” I ask him.

“Hyung, take a seat and relax.” Junsu rolls his eyes. “I am waiting for Changmin to come.”

“Min is coming?” I ask in curiosity. “Okay, spit it out. What do you have to tell us?” He has never acted this way before.

Junsu bites onto his lower lips as he is hesitating to tell me something.

I pout. “C’mon Su, you can tell this hyung anything.”

“Not going to tell you until Min comes. I have made my decision. You are just going to wait.” He said.

“Boo…” I whine. Then I directed my attention at the door while drinking my ice cold coffee. “Oh, look Min is here.”

Junsu rolls his eyes. “Hyung, you act like a little child at times.”

I stick out of my tongue.

“Sup.” Changmin says.

“Did you order your drink?” Junsu asks.

“Yeah, I did.” He took a seat next to me.

“Okay, so now since Min is here. Now can you tell us the news?” I changed the subject since I’m dying to know what Junsu got to announce.

“Well, I just want to tell you that I’m dating someone.” Junsu blushes as he announced his great news.

“Really?” I couldn’t believe that he is growing up.

Junsu nods his head as he is beaming.

“Who is this lucky guy?” Changmin asks.

 “Do you have a picture of him?” I ask.

“Wait, hold on. I can’t answer so many questions at once.” Junsu says. “Well, I can’t tell you who he is yet because I want to surprise you all.”

“Wait, he is coming?” I ask.

“Yeah, he should be here by now.” Junsu said, looking worried as he directed his attention at the door.

“Isn’t it too soon for an introduction?” Changmin raises his eyebrows.

“I agree.” I joined in. “I mean how long have you two been dating?”

“Well, I think that if he wants to continue to date me, he needs to get all of your approval first. So, I don’t care how long it has been since we dated.” He reasoned.

I nod my head as I agree on that too. “Okay, let’s see if he fits to the standard that I have set for you, Su.”

Junsu lets out a chuckle. “Please go easy on him, hyung.”

“Boo… you are no fun.” I said. “Then what is the point on getting my approval for if I can’t be harsh on him?”

Then the door opened and came in a handsome young man.

“Chun, over here!”  Junsu waved his hand, just like how I spotted him earlier.

“Chun?” I look at the Changmin in confusion.

He shrugs his shoulders.

“Guys, I would like you meet my boyfriend, Yoochun.” Junsu introduced his boyfriend to us.

I fix my glasses so I can see him clearly. “Jae-… Wait! Chunnie?”

His eyes become wide in shock. “Jae?”

“Hey, what are you doing here?” I am shock to see my childhood friend back in Japan.

“I recently moved to Korea and that’s when I met Junsu.” He told me. “I didn’t know that Kim Jaejoong that he has been telling me is you.”

“He talks about me?” I look at Junsu. “What did he say?”

“Uh…” Junsu interrupts. “Chun, did you ordered your drink? Would you like me to order it for you?”

“Sit your back down.” I demand him, knowing that he wants to escape from me. “Chun, tell me what did he say about me.”

“Chill, Jae.” Yoochun chuckles a little. “You’re the same as always. Besides, Su has been telling me good things about you.”

“Like…?” I still had a doubt that he isn’t telling me the truth.

“Things that I have been missing out on all these years since you left Japan.” Yoochun said.

“See, Jaejoong, you don’t need worry. Junsu isn’t going the one to talk trash about you.” Changmin says.

“So, how have you been lately?” Yoochun asks, taking a seat next to Junsu.

“I thought you heard stories about me.” I said, rolling my eyes.

“Yes, but I rather hear it from you. Besides, we need to catch up, don’t we?” He says.

 I groan. I don’t really like talking about my life especially to strangers. I’m not saying that Chun is a stranger though. “What do you want to know?”

“Anything that you want to share.” He said.

Great! I smile at him. “Nothing…”

“Oh c’mon, Jae.” Yoochun pouts. “We haven’t seen each other for years. Is this how you are going to treat an old buddy?”

I think for a while. “Uh… Yeah… yeah, pretty much.”

“If he doesn’t want to share, I can.” Changmin volunteered.

“Oh no, you don’t.” I glare at that evil maknae.

“Your threats don’t scare me.” Changmin sticks out his tongue at me. “He is dating someone who doesn’t even exist anymore.”

“Oh, I heard something about that.” Yoochun nods his head. “His name is Jung Yunho. They dated for about four months. Then he moved to Japan so sudden without a goodbye. However, he has been sending letters. Am I correct?”

“If you knew than why ask?” I ask.

He shrugs. “What did he say on the letters?”

“Bull.”

“Like… ‘I love you’? ‘Please wait for me’? Is it like that?” Yoochun asks.

I didn’t respond back.

“What would you do if I say, I have met him?” Yoochun asks.

“What do you mean?” I look at him confuse.

“He happens to be a far relative of mine from my father’s side.” Yoochun explained. “He wants to give me this to you when he found out that we are friends.” He gave me another ing letter.

I look at him in confusion. “Why didn’t he come with you?”

“I believe this letter will tell you everything.” He said.

I opened the letter and read it.

Dear BooJae,

How are you? I miss you deeply. I wish I can be there by your side once again. However, due to many circumstances, I cannot be by your side. My love, I hope you are living well. I am sorry that I was not able to write to you for a while. However, this may be the last letter that you receive. I am sorry to tell you that I won’t be coming back to Korea. I am sorry to disappoint you, but I am not able to be by your side anymore. I am getting married to a woman who my father had arranged since I was not born. Just to let you know, I will always love you, my love. I will not love this woman who will become my wife in any days from now. You will be my first and last love, Jae. I won’t tell you to wait for me anymore since it is useless now. I am sorry I have let you waited for me all these time. I am sorry that I have disappointed you, my love. I will not ask for your forgiveness also because I don’t deserve it. Therefore, all I am asking for is that I wish I will be lover again for the next life. Remember I will always love you forever, Kim Jaejoong. <3

With lots of love,

Jung Yunho

After reading the letter, I crimple it and throw it across the table, which it landed on Yoochun’s face.

“Hey, you don’t need to throw your anger on me.” Yoochun said.

Junsu unfolds the crimple letter and reads it. “No way!”

“What is it? Let me see.” Changmin wants to know what is on the letter.

“Hyung…” Junsu looks at me with sad looking eyes.

“Don’t even look at me like that.” I focus my attention elsewhere.

“Oh…” Changmin puffs up his cheeks. “Bastard.” That was all I got to hear from his potty mouth.

Just in the right moment, the song Hate you by 2ne1 played in the café.

 “You really

I have no reason to see you

This world is filled with guys like you

You s-s-

Your flaws are countless

To just put up with it and love you

Is a waste of time

Hate you eh eh eh eh eh

I’m fine living without you

Hate you eh eh eh eh eh

I’m fine living without you”

I began to laugh as I listen to the song.

“Hyung…” Junsu looks at me with worried.

“I’m fine, Su.” I told him. “I’m perfectly fine.”

“Su…” Yoochun shakes his head at him.

Chi… I don’t need pity. I don’t need it.

“My memories with you

Consist only of memories waiting for you

No matter how much I put up with it, and put up with it, it wouldn’t end

I wanted to hear those words, “I love you”

Your unconcerned love. I grew tired of it

It feels terrible I threw all my pride away

I’m sad, is this all I’m worth?

I’m worried, now, of the four-letter word, LOVE

I’m scared, you’re hilarious

You really ”

I got up my seat since it is not my place to be in this café anymore. I saw Chun and Su are in their little own world while Changmin is on the phone with his own lover, Kibum.

“Jae, are you leaving already?” Yoochun asks.

I nod my head as I don’t want to speak another word.

“Alright, do you want me to take you home?” He suggests.

I shake my head. “Stay here. Spend time with Su. Don’t mind me. I’ll be fine.”

Junsu still has this worried look when he looks at me.

“I’m fine, Su. Don’t worry.” I assured him. “How about this, I’ll call you when I get home?”

Junsu nods. “Okay, deal.”

I pat onto Changmin’s shoulder and wave to him.

He nods his head and waves back. “I’m leaving in a bit also.”

I nod. “Say hi to Bum for me.”

“Jae said hi.” He said over the phone. “Bum said hi and he’s sorry.”

I roll my eyes. News sure spread around fast.

“I have no reason to see you

This world is filled with guys like you

You s-s-

Your flaws are countless

To just put up with it and love you

Is a waste of time

Hate you eh eh eh eh eh

I’m fine living without you

Hate you eh eh eh eh eh

I’m fine living without you”

As I walk down the busy streets, there was a couple quarreling.

“You are just like other men out there. All cheaters, ing cheaters!” The woman throws him so many punches at the man.

The man couldn’t say a word back to his own girl.

I heave a sigh. “Men… are all the same.” I look up at the sky.

I hate you. I really hate you. Why are you doing this to me?

“The words coming out from your mouth

No matter how many times you deceive me and deceive me with your lies, it wouldn’t end

Someday, you too

Will meet a girl like you

Once you feel the pain, you’ll know how I feel

It feels terrible, there was never such thing as a hero

With a happy ending, was I too naïve like a fool?

It turned out for the better since now I figured you out

I’m going to leave, you really

You really ”

I heave another sigh as I keep on walking along the busy streets, wishing that he wasn’t that kind of guy.

He loves me. He said it. So why is he leaving me? Why isn’t he fighting for this love?

Did he play with me like the rest?

Were his words just a lie?

He deceived me, didn’t he? He is telling me lies after lies.

He never did love me, right? Is this why he is not fighting for the love?

“You , Jung Yunho!” I shout in anger as I came to realize that I am a fool to believe him.

 “I have no reason to see you

This world is filled with guys like you

You s-s-

Your flaws are countless

To just put up with it and love you

Is a waste of time

Hate you eh eh eh eh eh

I’m fine living without you

Hate you eh eh eh eh eh

I’m fine living without you”

It doesn’t matter anymore. I shouldn’t care anymore because he will not be part of my life. I should erase him. Forget about him. Finish him off.

I was a fool to wait for him. I was a fool to believe that he will return to me.

I’m such a fool. I cannot believe that he played me.

I am not going to let this happen ever again.

I step in front of my doorstep, looking at my patio, remembering how every night I spent laying in his arms, swinging.

I shake my head. No I cannot think about him. He is over. He is a jerk.

I open the door to my house.

Memories of him flash through my mind.

The happy moments, the sad moments, the angry moments… everything came back.

I began to shout in anger. I began to throw everything everywhere.

The pillows that were on the couch are now on the floor.

The pictures that were hanging are now scattered to the floor.

*Ring* *Ring*

I stopped what I was doing and looked to see who called me. , Junsu.

“Hey, there.” I let a small chuckle.

“Where are you at, mister!” He shouted.

“Home, just now.” I answered.

“What the !” Junsu roared. “Since when it took you an hour to get home?”

“I was enjoying the scenery.” I lied.

“Bull.” Junsu cussed.

“I was. I swear.” Yet, I told another lie.

“I don’t believe you.”

“Whatever…”

“Well, Chun and I are coming over.” He said.

“Why?” I ask.

“Well, for one thing, I am worried sick about you. Second, I pretty much believe that you have trash your house.” He said.

I look around the house and honestly, he is right.

The house looks like a small tornado just came in.

“Hyung, listen to me.” Junsu softly said. “Drop everything down and go take a nice shower. I’ll be at your place in a bit.”

I sigh as I nod my head. “That sounds good.”

I feel relieved, I feel so much better

Down to the bone

I’ve erased every last memory of you”

I drowned myself in the bathtub with warm water.

I am going to erase everything that relates to you.

Good bye, Jung Yunho.

“I feel relieved, I feel so much better

Down to the bone

I’ve erased every last memory of you”

I closed my eyes as I relax my body in the tub, letting the smooth rhythm of the music flows around me.

Ah… so wonderful.

“You really

I have no reason to see you

This world is filled with guys like you

You s-s-

Your flaws are countless

To just put up with it and love you

Is a waste of time

Hate you eh eh eh eh eh

I’m fine living without you

Hate you eh eh eh eh eh

I’m fine living without you”