{chenlay} Scarf Boy

☆ pieces of love ¦ a kray & chenlay one-shot collection.

 

scarf boy
yixing/jongdae
2,161 words
ongdae is mesmerized by a beautiful boy in a bright red scarf and

his amazing talents and goes home everyday thinking of him. 

 


 

 

 

 

Jongdae has the tendency of getting lost everywhere he goes.

 

It’s only his first week of college as a freshmen and Jongdae is already lost in campus for what seems to be the thirtieth time in the course of two days.

 

“God damn it, where am I?” Standing in the middle of the music department building, Jongdae sighs in irritation and the urge of kicking everything in his way and screaming only grows stronger by the second because damn does he hate being lost.

 

He ends up wandering aimlessly around the building for another twenty minutes, pausing in between classrooms in hopes of finally finding room 406, his new choir class.

 

401, 402, 403, 404... Jongdae abruptly stops in front of room 405 when the beautiful sound of a piano ends up reaching his ears. He’s already thirty minutes late to class, yet the sound of the piano playing in room 405 makes him forget about it completely as curiosity begins to take over him.

 

The door to the room is open the slightest bit, and maybe it’s wrong for him to be so nosy, but his curiosity for knowing who plays the piano so beautifully doesn’t stop him from peeking into the room.

 

A young boy, who seems to be at least a year or two older than Jongdae sits in front the piano with his eyes closed and a bright red scarf wrapped around his neck. His brown hair is messy, but Jongdae finds himself thinking it looks sort of cute. There’s a small smile tugging at his lips and Jongdae can see a small hint of a dimple forming on his right cheek. His fingers move gracefully along the keys of the piano like Jongdae has never before seen and he has to remind himself to freaking breathe before he ends up falling dead on the ground.

 

Wow.” He whispers in complete and utter amazement.

 

It’s the first time he’s ever heard something as beautiful and calming as that and he can’t help but to simply stare at the boy in the red scarf for what seems forever, eyes shining in admiration and jaw almost to the ground. He puts his hands up as if to clap but stops himself before doing so because he doesn’t want to get caught and give the boy the wrong idea and make him think he’s creepy (which he totally isn’t at all or anything).

 

“Excuse me, aren’t you supposed to be in class?”

 

Jongdae jumps in surprise and spins his head around only to see his stupid friend Junmyeon standing in front of him with arms crossed and a sly smirk on his face.

 

Jongdae lets out a sigh in relief and swears he felt his heart jump almost right out of his chest. “Holy . You scared the living hell out of me!”

 

“Well, that was my intention.” He replies smoothly with a snicker. Jongdae wants to slap him and can’t help but wonder why the hell he’s still even friends with this .

 

“But anyway, what were you looking at?” Before Jongdae can even begin to stop him, the older male helps himself and rudely shoves Jongdae out of the way to take a peek at what the other is so amused by through the crack in the door.

 

“Ohh, I see what’s got you so entertained.” He tilts his head to the side as if to get a better view of the boy with the red scarf in the room and chuckles. “He’s pretty cute.”

 

Jongdae widens his eyes and he pulls Junmyeon away from the door, shushing him with a punch in the shoulder to come after. “Shut the hell up! I wasn’t even-I-I was just looking, okay? I was curious. Besides, I’m already late to choir class, come on, let’s go.”

 

Jongdae pulls him harshly by the arm but the beautiful image of that boy in the red scarf is still replaying in his mind and he starts to grow a strong desire to know his name and he doesn’t know why.

 

The following days, Jongdae gets lost again about forty more times, yet somehow manages to make his way back to the same hallway where room 405 is. He finds himself glancing in the same direction he last saw the boy in with hopes of seeing him again. This goes on for one day, two days, three days and there’s still not a single sign of the boy in the bright red scarf and incredible piano skills.

 

The fourth day of walking past the room and stealing glances towards it, he sees him again. He’s wearing the same bright red scarf, his brown hair is still messy in that same sort of cute way but this time there’s a guitar in his hands. By the time he strums on the guitar for the first time, it already sounds beautiful to Jongdae’s ears and he doesn’t know how that’s possible. Jongdae stands in the doorway, looking through the crack in the door for the next few minutes and simply watches the boy play the guitar so beautifully. His eyes are closed, smile tugging at his lips and a hint of a dimple in his right cheek is there again.

 

Jongdae goes home that night with the beautiful image of the boy in the red scarf playing the guitar still replaying in his mind and the desire to know his name still there.

 

The third time Jongdae sees him, there’s a guitar in his hands again. He’s wearing the same bright red scarf, his brown hair is still messy in that same cute kind of way but this time there’s a microphone in front of him. He starts the song with a beautiful note coming from his mouth and Jongdae almost melts right on the spot as he immediately recognizes the song as Ordinary Friend, a personal favorite of his. It’s the first time he hears the boy’s incredible voice.

 

Jongdae goes home that night with a beautiful image of the beautiful boy in the red scarf replaying in his mind, that beautiful voice of his still ringing in his ears and the desire to know his name still there.

 

The fourth time Jongdae sees the boy - scarf boy as he begins to call him, he’s wearing the same bright red scarf but this time there’s no instrument in his hand. There’s a stereo by his side and he stands still in the middle of the room before the music starts to play loudly throughout the whole room. His body begins to move smoothly and perfectly to the beat of the music. His moves are sharp and there’s no hint of a dimple on his cheek, and instead a look of pure fierceness in his eyes and passion in every move made by his body.

 

Jongdae’s jaw drops and eyes grow wider than he’s ever seen Kyungsoo’s widen before by the time he stops dancing. He swears his heart has skipped a few beats by now because not only can the boy play the piano, guitar, and sing, but he can dance too.

 

Sweat runs down scarf boy’s temples and he’s breathing heavily and panting when a sudden smile appears on his face and he says something that startles Jongdae.

 

“You know, it’s perfectly fine for you to just step in here and say ‘hi’ to me. I don’t bite.”

 

Jongdae jumps in complete surprise, takes a step back and prepares himself to run until scarf boy turns to him with that beautiful smile of his and dimple plastered firmly right on his right cheek in the most adorable way.

 

“Don’t think I haven’t noticed you spying on me every now and then.” He chuckles and carefully dabs a towel on his forehead to wipe off the sweat.

 

Oh, , , , Jongdae thinks. He gulps and his cheeks begin to turn a bright pink and he wants to run away, disappear, and live under a rock for the rest of his life.

 

“Uh... I-” No words are able to come out of Jongdae’s mouth. He feels so stupid but it’s not his fault scarf boy is mesmerizingly beautiful to the point where his beauty prevents others from speaking.

 

“There’s no need for you to be nervous, you know?” Scarf boy laughs, his eyes forming into small crescents and it sounds like music to Jongdae’s ears because damn is his laugh gorgeous too.

 

“I-I’m s-sorry. I was just...looking around. I’m sorry, I’ll-I’ll be going now-” He can’t help but to be a complete nervous wreck around him and he wants to kick himself in the face for it. He bows apologetically to the boy in front of him and spins on his heel to leave before scarf boy stops him.

 

“W-wait, no, don’t leave!” Jongdae stops in his tracks and turns back around with his head low in shame and embarrassment. At this, scarf boy laughs again.

 

“Don’t worry, I didn’t mind, actually. I just found it kind of amusing how I had someone spying on me all of a sudden.”

 

The younger boy of the two smiles a little and begins playing with the hem of his shirt. “W-well, you are extremely talented and watching you play all these instrument, sing, and dance was very nice to watch. You’re really good at everything you do.” He can’t help but chuckle a little before looking up at him again and shaking his head. “I-I’m sorry for being such a creep.”

 

Scarf Boy smiles that mesmerizing smile of his again. “No, it’s fine, really. But you shouldn’t really be praising me so much when you’ve got some serious talent yourself.”

 

At this, Jongdae’s ears perk up. Did Scarf Boy just call him talented? “Um, what?”

 

“I’ve heard you sing before... in choir. I went to the performance last night and heard your solo. Your performance was my favorite one out of all, in all honesty. You’re voice is really good!”

 

Jongdae’s shy smile begins to grow into a huge grin as he feels his heart racing faster and faster by the second and cheeks turning a brighter shade of pink than they’ve ever been before.

 

“O-oh, th-thank you! Thank you so much, that means so much to me!”

 

“No problem.” Scarf Boy replies. “Which... reminds me; I... was actually planning on asking you if you’d like to collaborate on a song with me...Like a duet. I composed a song recently and my friend Wu Fan wrote the lyrics. He isn’t much of a singer, really. But after hearing your voice in last night’s choir concert, I figured yours would fit perfectly with the song, I just didn’t know if I’d ever even see you again. And since you’re here now... What do you think?”

 

Jongdae is at a loss for words. His heart seems to be beating out of control and he’ll sure as hell be surprised if he doesn’t end up fainting on the spot. Not only has the beautiful boy he’s been falling for talked to him, complimented his singing, but now he’s even asking him to do a duet with him. Things are escalating too quickly for Jongdae to even process, but before he ends up saying something stupid in front of Scarf Boy, he cheerfully accepts.

 

“Yes! Yes! Of course, that would be amazing!”

 

Scarf Boy grins pleasantly. “Great! We can start practicing whenever you have time, then. When are you available?”

 

“Anytime is okay with me!” Jongdae ends up answering a little bit too cheerful than expected but that doesn’t matter anymore.

 

“Awesome! Umm, I’d like to ask, though... Is it okay if I... Have your number? Y-you know, for communication purposes and stuff. So we know when we can meet up... and stuff.”

 

Jongdae’s breath hitches as he stares at the boy with wide eyes. Is this reality right now?

 

“Uh, sure, sure, of course!”

 

They end up exchanging phone numbers, shy smiles, and laughs for what seems to be another half hour before Scarf Boy realizes he has to go to class and Jongdae find himself to be twenty minutes late to class... again.

 

“So, I guess I’ll see you later, then...” Jongdae pauses when he realizes he’s never even asked the gorgeous boy for his real name.

 

“Yixing,” The other grins. “Zhang Yixing.”

 

Jongdae smiles widely at the thought of finally getting to know Scarf Boy’s name.

 

“I’m Kim Jongdae.”

 

“It’s nice to meet you, Jongdae. I’ll talk to you soon, then. Don’t forget to text me!”

 

Jongdae chuckles and bids a final goodbye. “Oh, I won’t.”

 

Jongdae goes home that night with a beautiful image of the beautiful boy in the red scarf playing the piano and guitar beautifully, his amazing voice still ringing in his ears, and the image of him dancing so gracefully replaying in his mind, the desire to know his name completely fulfilled and a strong, beautiful feeling clenching at his heart.

 


 

Author's Note:

OH MY GOD WHAT DID I JUST WRITE. This is so cheesy oh gosh XD i hope you guys don't mind. but jesus god daaaamn 12 subbies already? YOU GUYS THANK YOU SO MUCH. Really, you guys are amazing. 

Anyway, I hope you guys enjoyed this! I'm really sorry if there happen to be any mistakes. It is 4:45 A.M. right now & I stayed up just to finish this actually & I'm really tired so I didn't edit it thoroughly. I'm going to sleep now. Again thank you all so much for subscribing & reading! Don't forget to comment~ ^^ I love you all & have a wonderful day~ <3

p.s. i didn't actually think you guys would think "shipping " would be funny because i have such a weird sense of humor but apparently it was haha XD