Stage 6: Sleep

10 Types of Drunk People

Daehyun sees Zelo dancing alone, a half empty bottle of soju in his hand.

“Yah! What is this?!” he asks the maknae, shaking him violently. “Who let the maknae have booze?!” he yells.

Zelo stays silent.

“It was Himchan, wasn't it?” Daehyun interrogates the terrified boy.

Zelo shakes his head.

“Jongup. It must've been Jongup.”

“N-No, it wasn't Jongup,” Zelo stutters.

“Hyojin? Hyojin made you drink, didn't she?” Daehyun presses.

Zelo flinches. “No.”

“You flinched, you're lying!” Daehyun shouts. “Hyosung!” he calls, even though she was nowhere to be found. “Hyosung, your sister ruined our maknae!”

The older boy puts his arms around Zelo. “Don't worry, we'll get rid of her. Everything's gonna be okay,” he says. He takes Zelo's bottle of soju, ruffles his hair and leaves. A few seconds later Zelo realizes his drink has disappeared. He frowns and makes to chase after his hyung, knocking over a dozen glasses and eventually crashing into a door, causing a confused Jieun to turn around. She lifts herself off the couch to help the maknae get up despite his desperate pleads. “Trust me, I'm fine! I don't drink, you know that! No seriously, leave me alone.”

Jieun holds in her laughter and puts on a kind smile instead. “Jeez Zelo, I'd never have expected you to go so over the top. Come on, I'll get you some water, it'll make you feel better.”

Zelo frowns and starts protesting again. “What are you talking about, I feel fine! In fact, I feel great! No, screw that, I feel-” he covers his mouth mid sentence and runs off, suddenly worried, worried he might not make it in time.

Surely enough, lets everything out right in front of the bathroom door.

 

An excited Jongup spots Zelo leaning his head against a door frame, looking like he might doze off any moment. “Zelo! My friend, brother and everything I could have ever wished for!” He jumps up on his friend's shoulders, waking him up in the process. The younger boy's eyes open and Jongup is taken aback and the tired, bloodshot state of them. “! What's wrong, Junhong? And what's this smell?” He asks, noticing the vomit-covered floor. He doesn't even wait for an answer and looks around for help. Ah, perfect; he catches sight of the person he'd been wanting to talk to the whole night.

“Hyojin-ah!” he calls, holding Zelo by the waist, ensuring him not to collapse. “Hyojin-ah!”

The girl turns around, slightly annoyed when she sees who it had been yelling out her name. Nonetheless, when she sees the state of the maknae, she throws away her anger and pride to give a hand.

“I found him like this,” Jongup explains. “I'm guessing that's his doing,” he says, motioning towards the mess.

“We should get him to bed,” Hyojin says and Jongup nods in agreement. They each grab him by one side and despite being towered over by the tall, half-asleep maknae, they manage to drag him up the stairs and throw him onto his bed. His snoring instantly fill the room and are soon joined by the giggles of Jongup and Hyojin. “You'd better bring him some water and a bucket. I'll go clean up his puke,” Hyojin says after a while and starts to walk away.

Jongup stops her by grabbing her hand. “No no, you get the water and bucket. I'll clean it up.”

Hyojin hesitates and gives him a confused look, but agrees.

 

Once you gather the previously mentioned items, you return to Zelo's and Jongup's room. You place the bucket next to the sleeping maknae's bed and the glass of water on his bedside table, however not before taking a sip yourself. You then proceed to sit down next to him and wait for Jongup to return from scrubbing the floor, ruffling the younger boy's hair as if he were an animal at the farm in the meantime.

“Got there just in time, that fool Daehyun almost walked right into it,” Jongup mutters as he walks into the room. “How'd he manage to get so pissed?”

“Well, you know Daehyun better than I do, but doesn't he always end up like this? Breaking everything and falling over all the time?” you ask innocently.

Jongup chuckles quietly so as not to wake the younger boy up. “You know who I meant. And I know you had a hand in this, Jung Hyojin. Don't you play innocent with me.”

“I can honestly say I don't know what you're on about, Moon Jongup,” you retort with a smile while fades the second you catch his gaze. “Right, I'd better get going, too,” you say, quickly getting up.

Jongup blinks, confused once again. “What? What's wrong?”

A frown forms on your forehead. “What do you mean, Jongup? You treat me like the whole evening and now you expect me to be all buddy-buddy with you again?”

His bottom lip drops slightly as he tries to think of an appropriate answer. “I'm sorry,” is all he can come up with. You shake your head and walk away. Once again, you are stopped by the mighty hand of Jongup. “Look, I- I just saw you getting along so well with Zelo and...” his voice gets quieter with every word.

“And?” you ask half-teasingly.

He rolls his eyes at your behaviour. “And I got jealous, okay?”

At this point in the evening, nothing comes as a surprise to you anymore. Still, you are a bit taken aback. “Jongup, you complete and utter tool.”

He opens his mouth in mocking shock. “Excuuuuuse you?” he teases you back, but in his eyes you can tell he isn't in the mood for jokes. You pull him into a tight embrace. At first it seems like he doesn't know how to respond, but then he wraps his arms around you, too. You stand there in complete silence with your bodies pressed against each other for a while, then Jongup decides to break the silence. “Your hair smells nice.”

You pull your head off his shoulder and bring your face close to his. He leans in and brushes his lips against yours gently. You take the bait, kissing him softly at first, then gradually getting more passionate.

“But your breath doesn't,” he adds when you pull away.

You smile flirtatiously at him. “Yours doesn't smell so delightful either.”

“Are you complaining?” he asks in the same tone.

You shake your head, incabable of anything else. “I'm not. Shut up.”

Your lips lock once again. His hands move from your waist to your apparently nice-smelling hair while his lips move lower, now attacking your neck. “Jongup?”

He stops abruptly, looking into your eyes. “What is it?”

“Will you remember this tomorrow?” you ask, half-hoping for a positive answer.

“I sure hope so. I hope you will, too.”

You smile sadly. This has happened to you many times, only usually with guys you never cared about. Jongup, however, is different; for one, he's your sister's labelmate, which makes all the others off bounds, unless you want a not-so-nice story following you. On the other hand, he'd always caught your interest: despite seeming shy, his body is one to admire. On top of that, his sense of humour is a unique one, one which not many people get, but you do. He may seem a bit stupid at first sight, but you know that it's just his indifference to what people think.

“I hope so too,” you finally admit.