Stage 5: Wastedness

10 Types of Drunk People

Jieun sprints to the bathroom, gets a towel and runs it under cold water. She goes out onto the porch, because as much as she didn't want to, she had to apologize to Himchan.

The boy is standing there, leaning against the railing, still slightly shaking. Jieun feels a twinge of guilt in her stomach. She taps him on the shoulder and when he doesn't turn around, she forces him to. His face is all bloody and she can see why he didn't want to face her. That, and the fact that he's crying.

She hands him the wet towel and not knowing what else to do, she hugs him. “I'm sorry,” she mutters as Himchan starts sobbing even more.

 

Sunhwa decides to check up on Himchan after her friend had seemingly ruined his face. She sees him and Jieun locked in a tight embrace and almost turns back to leave them, but then notices how uncomfortable Jieun looks. She chuckles and greets them to help her out.

The pair breaks up, Jieun nods her a thanks and dashes off back inside.

“Are you okay?” Sunhwa asks Himchan, although it was unnecessary. His bloody and teary face spoke for him.

She takes the towel and starts to clean his face. She notices his nose is still spurting out blood like a fountain. Muttering curses at Youngjae, she tilts back Himchan's head and makes him hold the towel under his nose.

“I don't deserve friends,” Himchan sobs. “I was supposed to be Youngjae's friend, but look what I did to him. And I don't even know why I did it.”

“Himchan, I'm not going to blow smoke up your . What you did really pissed Youngjae off,” she tells him upfront. “But other than that, you're a great friend.”

The boy shakes his head. “If I really were that great of a friend, Hyosung wouldn't call me disgusting and Jieun wouldn't hate me.”

“Hyosung didn't know what she was saying. She compared Daehyun to Hitler,” Sunhwa laughs, trying to cheer Himchan up. “And Jieun doesn't hate you. She finds your rivalry quite fun.”

But Himchan wasn't done. “I don't think what Hyosung said were just drunk babbles. What is really my role in the group? I'm listed as sub rapper, but all I get to do is chant a line or two. All I had was my face, but look at me now. Would you call this a visual?” he starts to sob again. Sunhwa rubs Himchan's back soothingly. “Face like a princess, voice like a truck driver? Now it's more like face like a truck driver, voice like a truck driver,” he mutters.

“You mean voice like a princess, with all those tears and whatnot,” Sunhwa teases.

Himchan chuckles. The two catch each other's gaze. Himchan seems to think this is a signal and brings his face closer to Sunhwa's. The girl pushes him away though. “Yah! Get your dirty face away from me!” she smiles.

Though disappointed, Himchan can't help but smile back. “You're a good friend, Sunhwa.”

She takes his hand and the two of them watch the stars together. Yes, it was a rather beautiful night.

 

“Youngjae! Youngjae! I bet you can't juggle these bottles!” Daehyun challenges.

Youngjae rolls his eyes. “I bet you can't, either,” he retorts.

“I so can! So what shall it be? A hundred? A thousand?”

“A thousand,” Youngjae agrees.

“Deal!” Daehyun grins. “Now just you watch!”

He throws all three bottles in the air. The first hits Youngjae in the eye, the second falls into the anniversary cake and the third drops onto Daehyun's own head and onto the ground, smashing into a hundred pieces.

“Nice going,” Youngjae says, giving him a thumbs up. “A thousand dollars.”

Daehyun panicks. “Wait, no! Rematch! Rematch!”

 

Yongguk frantically knocks on the bathroom door. He can already feel his livers disagreeing with everything he had to drink tonight. Especially Youngjae's shot of death.

He knocks again, louder. The person inside curses and unlocks.

“Finally,” Yongguk says and enters. He kneels down next to the toilet. The guy who was in there looks scared and runs out.

With full force, Yongguk's body starts ridding itself of everything he had to eat and drink that day.

 

You decide to take care of the cocktail bar for a while, since Daehyun is distracting Youngjae with his amazing juggling skills and Sunhwa is somewhere outside.

Zelo runs up and sits on a bar stool. “Hey, noona. Soju, please.”

You roll your eyes. “This is a cocktail bar. Get up and get it yourself,” you say.

He jumps out of his seat. “Of course!” he says as if a lightbulb just lit up in his head and he runs off to the kitchen.

You sigh as you see Jongup approaching the bar. He sits on the stool back to front and then spins around like they do in the movies. “Hey. I'll have a on the beach,” he says and winks.

Shaking your head, you go and prepare his cocktail. Once it's done, you set it on the table and shove it his way.

He smirks at you, his face empty of any puppy-like innocence it used to have. “Oh, that's cute. You thought I meant the drink.”

You don't know whether to laugh or hit him, so you just growl. “Shut up and drink.”

“Hey, manners!” he warns you, taking a sip. “Oh wow. This is the best on the beach I've ever had. Of course, it would probably be better with you,” he grins. “You know what? If you're ever thirsty, you can drink my cocktail all night long.”

You fight back a laugh and shoo him off like a stray cat. His puppy face returns and he obeys.

 

Although angry at himself for screwing up things with Hyojin, Jongup still doesn't stop.

He sees Jieun texting someone on her phone. “Hey, Jieun! I like your dress, it makes your almost look as great as Hyosung's!” he calls.

Jieun bursts out laughing and Jongup smiles to himself.

He almost runs into Himchan and Sunhwa as they walk through the door.

“Hey, look who it is! It's Traitorchan! Why didn't you kiss me, huh?” he says, lightly punching the older boy in the shoulder. “I thought we had something special. I'm confused, Himchan.”

Himchan laughs. “You're confused? What was that with Hyojin earlier? Yongguk gave you the perfect opportunity.”

Jongup's eyes widen. “Shhhhh! Sunhwa's standing right there!” he whispers loudly.

Sunhwa chuckles.

“Shhhhh! Everyone knows, you idiot,” Himchan whispers in the same tone.

Jongup gasps. “What?! Why would you tell them?! Traitor!” Before he runs away, he looks at Sunhwa. “I like your dre-” he facepalms himself. “No, I already used that on Jieun. Whatever. Call me,” he says, winking at the girl.

 

Youngjae looks worriedly at Daehyun. “I don't think we should be throwing this ball around in the kitchen,” he says, despite throwing it back.

“Why not?” Daehyun asks cluelessly, catching it. He attempts to throw it back but misses Youngjae by a good two metres.

Youngjae runs after it and something makes him trip, causing him to fall face first into the cake.

The younger boy gets back up and sees the leader grinning evilly.

“Don't you dare poison me again,” he says, his hands on his hips.

Youngjae frowns. “But you always end up like that when you drink!” he defends himself. “And look what you did. The cake's ruined.”

Daehyun picks a bit off cake off Youngjae's face. “Ruined?” he says, putting it in his mouth. “What are you talking about? It's perfect.”

 

Just wanted to experiment a bit with the visual pairing haha. I think most of the members' types are pretty obvious now, or at least I hope they are. :( Sorry for the delay, something's happened to my laptop. I hope no one looks through my stuff if I have to give it to someone to fix it.