[3]

Made For Love

A/N: I'm sorry it took me a while updating this. I was in quite a slump until just the other day when my man-muse and I reconnected again. Now I'm all giddy and inspired though most of my ideas are for Taecyeon/Key pairing. Anyway, here's a short update.


 

It has been 2 weeks since the break up. Surprisingly for Taemin, he’s doing a lot better than he thought he would. He truly liked Minho, loved even... But he didn’t want to be unfair to Minho. He couldn’t give him what he was asking for so Taemin didn’t bother to stop him when he broke up with him.

Taemin looked at the boy beside him and smiled. He was glad he had Jongin by his side. If he thought of it, the break up might have hurt more had his best friend not been there. Everything was just easier with the other around.

“What? Something wrong?” Jongin asked Taemin and the latter blushed after being caught staring.

“Yes, your face.” Taemin answered in an attempt to make a smart comeback. “It’s all messed up and not nice to look at.” He added, making weird hand gestures just to tease the other.

“Yah! If my face is awful then so is yours. We look alike!” Jongin’s outraged response. That’s when the chasing ensued. Taemin ran circles around their other friends while Jongin chased him.

“Guys were up next!” Tao piped in, diverting everyone’s attention to the door in front of them.

Taemin and Jongin went out to play laser tag with their friends from school. This was their third game so far.

“Okay, same team as earlier. Minnie!” Luhan said, pulling the said boy by his side. Everyone knew Taemin was good at the game so it’s always the same before every game; two teams would fight over who should get Taemin.

And so it was decided... Taemin, Luhan, Yixing, Baekhyun, Kyungsoo, Jongdae and Tao would comprise the red team; while Jongin, Sehun, Chanyeol, Junmyeon, Minseok and one of the staff members who they knew as Kris would comprise the blue team.

Somewhere in the middle of the game, Taemin went back to his good hiding spot. It was perfectly sheltered by dividers with holes on them that allowed him to shoot players that were at the elevated portion of the arena.

Taemin turned to his left to peep into the hole that provided a view of the ramp, only to bump into someone.

“Aha!” Jongin whispered. “So this is where you’ve been shooting me from earlier.” He said accusingly though in hushed tone. For some reason he didn’t want anyone to find them.

“A-aniyo! I just found this place.” The other replied, sounding a bit too defensively.

Jongin’s initial reaction was to laugh and he stifled it against his palm. “God Tae, you couldn’t at lying any more than you do now.”

Taemin aimed his phaser at the light on Jongin’s vest and shot him out of spite, not for Jongin though, but for himself. He doesn’t know why he even bothers. Jongin knows him like the back of his hand; of course he’d know when Taemin is lying. “Fiiine~” Taemin grumbled and held Jongin’s arm. “But you’re staying here with me. I don’t want you giving away my hiding place.”

Jongin found himself staring at Taemin. If he was being honest, all things aside, he would’ve confessed to Taemin already. But he didn’t want to seem insensitive. It hasn’t even been a month since the break up. Besides, this was move that would redefine his relationship with Taemin so couldn’t just wing it. They would either try it and end up breaking each other’s hearts and lose the friendship; or work out fine and live happily ever after like in fairytales.

In the end, Taemin’s team won but he was no longer the highest scorer in the game. “Hey where were you guys?” Chanyeol asked as they sat and enjoyed a round of iced tea, bought for them by Tao’s new crush, Kris.

“Hiding!” Taemin and Jongin answered in unison.

“Okay. Cool it.” Chanyeol replied with a chuckle.

“Yeah. You don’t have to be so defensive, you know.” Sehun added. Everyone was looking at the two of them knowingly.

While Taemin stared back at them curiously, Jongin couldn’t help but lower his head on the table. Thankfully, he can use his tiredness as an excuse for doing so.

It was no secret to the others that Jongin has been in love with Taemin for the longest time. It was just Taemin who was clueless about the whole thing.

It was when Taemin introduced Minho to Jongin that they found out about it. Jongin had called on them and asked to go to a party one of their schoolmates was throwing.

Jongin got so hammered. At first they thought he was only talking nonsense. That was until he got to the dance floor and grinded on just about anyone calling them Taemin. The next morning was when they forced they’re friend who’s nursing a bad hangover to tell them what was up.

“I knew this was coming. I mean... You’re pretty much acting like a real couple already.” Jongin remembered Kyungsoo saying. Ever since then, they’d been urging him to tell Taemin how he feels.

It’s not Taemin’s fault he’s so clueless though. He’d be lying if he said he wasn’t attracted to Jongin. He just thinks it’s a lost cause. The memory of Jongin gushing over his crush in 6th grade was forever etched into his mind.

No, he might hate me if he found out. He remembers thinking while staring at Jongin as he blabbered. Soojung this, Soojung that... What a lucky girl.

Then, Minho came. He successfully distracted Taemin from the heartbreaking fact that Jongin was straight. Heck, he even made Taemin fall for him, though Taemin have to admit, not as much as he loves Jongin.

He couldn’t have been happier when Jongin didn’t treat him differently when he found out Taemin was dating a guy. It would’ve been too much to ask right? Too much to ask for the other to love him back... So he settled for what was given to him.