Chapter 1

Everything Bright and Beautiful

Everything Bright and Beautiful


Kyungsoo is bright and beautiful and everything Jongin can never be.

 

 

 

 

His name is Do Kyungsoo. With short brown tresses and a fringe that falls just atop his eyebrows, big expressive eyes, rosy lips and a pretty smile that always managed to capture everyone’s attention.

At the age of seven, he was recruited as a child model for one of the most famous clothing line brand and made his very first television appearance in a Special Christmas Sales advert, looking extremely adorable in a bright red and green knitted wear. His mother had shed tears of happiness and wouldn’t stop talking about how dashing her son looked on the newest TV advert to their neighbors for a couple of days. His father always had his smile on his face. Every night when Kyungsoo was already tucked under the cocoon of his blankets, his father would whisper in his ears of how proud he is to have a son like him just before Kyungsoo slipped into dreamland and leaves his son’s bedroom with a gentle smile before he flicked the lights off.

At thirteen, he quit the entertainment industry. Both his parents seemed to be a little upset with his sudden decision, but they didn’t voice out their thoughts out to their beloved son. Not long after that, Kyungsoo managed to win first place on a junior high debate competition and a couple of maths contest. He got his very first smart phone as a present from his satisfied parents for continuously bringing home trophies and certificates. They took him out to an expensive well-known European restaurant for dinner, and even though Kyungsoo preferred Asian cuisines over fish and chips or lasagnas, his cheeks were flushed in happiness.

Kyungsoo was loved by the entire school when he reached the age of fifteen, even if it was still only his second week at Gyeongsin High School after the school new year assembly. He stood out amongst the rest of the first year students with his extremely good looks and outstanding intelligence. He became popular unsurprisingly quick amongst the teachers and his seniors that it wasn’t a surprise when he received his first love letter that he found in his cramped blue locker at his third week in Gyeongsin High.

Since that day, more and more of the letters kept coming and it became his own little routine to find a pile of pink letters on top of his belongings in his personal locker, reading every one of the shy confessions and tucking them safely in his bag to store them later in his drawer back home to re-read it again every once in a while.

Kyungsoo - despite being very popular and marked as teachers' favorite - remained humble and down-to–earth. Not a single student develops jealousy and hatred towards him. The nearest a student had gotten to those sort of feelings were when somebody stole his sports uniform from his bag when the class was empty. Kyungsoo didn’t attend Mr. Kim’s PE class for that day and he sat alone miserably in his empty home class room, chin propped up in one hand.

But it didn’t matter because fifteen minutes later, a tall and lanky boy with curly orange hair that Kyungsoo recognized came from class 1-b popped up from the door way, shuffling awkwardly inside the silent class room, both of his hands behind his back. The boy then dropped Kyungsoo's yellow mustard sports uniform on Kyungsoo’s desk and mumbled a quite sorry, gaze not meeting his and fixated on the dusty black board.

Kyungsoo cocked his eyebrows in mild surprise at the boy’s low (and y) voice that didn’t quite suit his almost feminine face, but smiled when he realized that the boy had just returned his missing uniform.

“Thank you for retuning it,” Kyungsoo replied with a genuine smile and the boy looked at him almost disbelievingly, just as if he had expected for Kyungsoo to burst into a fit of rage. But Kyungsoo only tip-toed up to reach the boy’s head to ruffle his auburn curls briefly and chuckled.

“Next time, don’t do that again, okay?”

The boy flushed pink but nodded. Maybe now he understands completely why everyone adores Do Kyungsoo. He sat with Kyungsoo at lunch in the crowded canteen the next day, all smiles and pearly white teeth.

 

Kyungsoo is seventeen and is still loved by the entire school.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

His name is Kim Jongin and well, nobody wants or needs to hear the story of a loner, the story of a boy who loves to dance with a permanent scar embedded in his heart.

 

Kim Jongin is a failure and that is the only thing the world needs to know.

 

 

 

 

 


A/N: So there you go, first chapter. I hope this doesn't turn out that bad and sorry if it's a little short. I promise next chapter would be longer. Also, subscribe please? Tell me what you think of this so far ^^

(don't worry kaisoo will appear in the next chapter kekeke)