World Council

Rebellion!!!

playlist: meridell castle interior - neopets the darkest faerie

 

phase three; world council

Image

» Using her quick reflexes and flexibility, Minan managed to dodge all the crowds and keep up with the horse-drawn cart that Minho was in. They seemed to be headed towards the castle.

 

Maybe that's where Kris was going too? Minan thought to herself.

 

She took a quick shortcut she developed that was only a quick climb away from her room. Opening the window, she hopped right onto her bed and let a sigh escape her.

 

“Ma'am,” one of the maids turned, completely unfazed as she was cleaning vases. “Good thing you're back.”

 

“Why?” Minan stood up and began changing into more castle-royalty-appropriate clothing.

 

“Your brother needs to talk to you as soon as possible.”

 

“Ugh.”

 

“I highly advise you go see him,” the maid respectfully said. “It seemed really urgent.”

 

“Okay, I guess I will,” Minan gave in. “By the way, do you know where Kris is?”

 

“He's somewhere in the castle right now.”

 

“Why's everyone coming here?”

 

“That's something you should see your brother about,” the maid gave a smile and returned to her work.

 

Minan truthfully really hated the huge, poofy dresses laced with silk and velvet and unnecessary jewelry that they plastered on. It was so hard to walk in, and even worse when she had to wear monstrous five to six-inch heels. Hell, she really hated wearing dresses in general sometimes. Angrily gathering up the long dress as much as she could, she stomped her way to her brother's office.

 

Opening the door, she saw Kris and Minho and her brother conversing until they turned around to see her.

 

“Ah...Minan,” Minan's brother, Minhyuk, stood up from his chair. He motioned her over, “Come.”

 

“W—what is this all about?” Minan asked, confused.

 

“The four of you have been chosen to be part of the World Council starting next year, when you all become adults. You will be taking over for the representative of your kingdom.”

 

“Four? But there's just Kris, Minho and me...”

 

He should be coming in now. At that exact moment, the door opened once again to enter a heavily panting king: Taehyung.

 

Taehyung's parents died in a freak accident involving defective guns and crazed horses, causing fear in the kingdom of Aldroa for several years, wondering what would happen. Aldroa was never a huge kingdom, it was a lot more rural and agriculturally based. Taehyung, as the only child, had to take over as king right after his parents. But only a year after, Aldroa managed to form an alliance with Illure, a much larger and powerful kingdom that helped carry each other out. Taehyung, under constant stress for a year was way too much for a child, and often escaped to other kingdoms to explore around. Arriving at Eriso, he met Minan and her somewhat “crew” of explorers: Kris, JR, Fei, Minho, Zelo and of course Minan herself, and soon enough, he was also a part of it.

 

Taehyung never really lost the clumsy and kiddish part of himself. Probably because he was forced to grow up too quickly. And so, naturally, he arrived a little late and a little disheveled. Not that anyone was exactly surprised, of course.

 

“S-sorry...I'm late again...” Taehyung barely managed to apologize with his hands on his knees as he was grasping for air.

 

Maids were rushing to offer him water, in which he refused with a bright smile, “I'm fine...thank you...”

 

When he managed to garner his breathe again, he walked towards the other four waiting.

 

“Like always,” Kris grinned, pulling Taehyung into a manly hug.

 

“Well then,” Minhyuk brought his two hands together. “You four will be part of the next World Council next year when you all turn eighteen. You will be taking over the several spots of older members that are retiring from their position.”

 

The four of them looked at each other with widened eyes and inaudible whispers.

 

“What's a World Council do?” Minan asked.

 

Minhyuk sighed, “This is was I was going to explain to you this morning.”

 

“You could just answer my question,” Minan stuck her tongue out. “How come you aren't in it? I mean you're an heir of Eriso too.”

 

Minhyuk shrugged, “When I turned eighteen, there were too many people clamming for a small amount of positions. So I didn't get in. But with the new system of pre-deciding who will be part of the next World Council, there's not much competition or choice, even.”

 

“And as for the use of the World Council,” Minhyuk continued. “It's to form closer alliances with each of the kingdoms. You four already know each other, so that's why I've come to talk to all of you. But you should know there's a vast amount of kingdoms and most will have at least one member of the kingdom in the World Council. It's probably boring, but there will be frequent meetings to bond closer and help each other out and to know more about the kingdoms farther away. It's for safety and well-being for everyone on Seretia.”

 

“Is there a reason you can't join now?” Minan asked her brother, who was only five years older.

 

Minhyuk shook his head, “World Council members are decided by the current ones, not me. They chose you to be in it.”

 

Minan sighed, “Of course.”

 

“Isn't that a good thing? You'll actually have to learn things from me now!” Minhyuk joked.

 

Everyone laughed except Minan, who was a little more annoyed with the sudden responsibility.

 

“Okay, so...” Minhyuk became serious again. “From now on until today's date next year, once a week I will talk to all four of you about how to prepare to be a good leader for your kingdom. You must all attend.”

 

“Fine...” Minan sighed, speaking for all four of them. “Can we leave now?”

 

Minhyuk made a disapproving expression and then sighed. “Yes, you may all leave.”

 

With that Minan grinned widely and stared at the other three, “It's been a while~”

 

The four of them: Minan, Kris, Minho and Taehyung all headed to Fei's flower shop, where JR and Zelo had hung out for the time being. It seemed Fei was a lot less busy now; most of the flower arrangements were done and put to the side for when Seungri's wedding needed it.

 

“Fei!” Minan waved to her, prancing over.

 

“Minan,” she gently smiled, who was just about to walk back inside the shop. “Oh, and Kris. And Minho. And Taehyung.”

 

The three greeted her as well, for not having seen her in a while. Zelo and JR soon came outside and saw how all seven of them were reunited after such a long time.

 

“What a coincidence,” Minan smiled, looking at their small circle of friends. Minan, Fei, Zelo, JR, Kris, Minho and Taehyung standing in front of the flower shop just like they used to years ago. “We're actually all here.”

 

“It feels like nothing ever changed!” Zelo exclaimed.

 

“Nothing did change, silly,” Fei said, causing laughter. “We just grew up a little.”

 

 

Image

» commentary:

royalty isn't all fun and games ;)

the 7 main characters are now all together hehe~

if you like it so far please subscribe, comment and upvote <3

 

» layout credit