Good Plan

Good Plan

You sat in the busy café alone; waiting for Jong Up to show up for the date that he planned. It was to celebrate your admission into a famous fashion school in Seoul. Your foot tapped impatiently on the wood floor and you checked your watch again. 9:28 PM. 1 hour and 28 minutes from the time you and him were originally supposed to meet at. You checked your phone for any new messages or replies but found none. That’s it, you thought and rose from your table.I’m leaving. He knew how important this night was.

“Have a nice night,” a worker said as you left the café.

You forced a smile and left annoyed by Jong Up’s absence.

Whatever the hell he is doing better be pretty damn important in order to miss this. You dialed his phone number and waited for him to answer.

Click.

“Hello,” Jong up answered.

“Hey munch! Where the hell were you?!”

“What?”

“Our date! Date!”

“We had a date?”

Jong Up’s voice sounded weird.

Whatever. “Moon Jong Up! You better hope you don’t cross paths with me because you are so dead if we ever see each other again!”

“Wait what—”

You hung up the phone and stomped to the subway station. I can’t believe him. Do I not matter to him at all? You were still fuming as you stepped into the train. Your phone goes off signaling that you have a new message. You look down momentarily and see that it’s from Jong Up. You sighed annoyed and turned your phone off.What makes me mad is that he was the one who planned this whole thing. Does he want to die or something? The train stopped and you stepped out beginning your walk home. It was quiet and dark around the area you lived at. You hated walking there by yourself because it made you scared. Like he would care if anything happened to me.You opened the door to your apartment complex and walked up the stairs to your room. You felt emotionally tired because of Jong Up blowing you off like that. Another sigh escaped your lips as you opened your apartment door. It’s over now, right? I mean I also treated him badly… Maybe I shouldn’t have yelled at him so much.You slowly take off your shoes and look up to see a congratulations banner in your entrance way.

“What,” you say confused.

There were candles and balloons everywhere. A popper goes off next to you surprising you. Jong Up held it while smiling like an idiot.

“What the hell?”

“Are you surprised,” he asked smiling.

“This was your plan the whole time?”

He nodded eagerly. “I went to Yongguk-hyung and asked him what I should do to celebrate your acceptance and he said I should decorate your apartment with candles and romantic things and surprise you.”

“Was it also his idea to ditch me at the café and embarrass me in front of all those people?”

Jong Up shook his head still smiling. “No, that was my idea.”

You felt exasperated. “Yah. Are you a complete idiot?”

“I thought you would feel even more thankful and happy when you realized what I had for you at home.”

You stared at him with narrowed eyes and he stood there, smiling and waiting for your answer. This kid. You rolled your eyes and hugged him. “Thank you Jong Up-ah. I’m glad you put so much thought into my day, but I think you should leave out the part of making me think that you ditched me when you didn’t. I was really pissed off at you.”

“I’m sorry, but my plan worked, right?”

“You’re really an idiot, you know that?” You kissed him on the lips and felt relieved that this idiot got to stay in your life for a while longer.

 

Source: geureona.tumblr