4

Lost Me

Blue are L.Joe’s thoughts

Purple are Mari’s thoughts


 

He didn’t know a girl could be this stubborn. How could she reject this offer? I’m one of kind, if she hasn’t notice.

L.Joe made his way up the stairs to the roof. Once he reached his destination, he heard a sweet melody. He stood there listening to it.  

Nunmuri naerineun rainy day
Gieogi heureuneun rainy day
Deo sege biya naerige
Ssodajyeora bamsae tonight
Neoui heunjeogeul da jiul su itdorok

Yego eomneun ibyeorui mare
Ireoke doeljureun mollasseo
Moduga geureoteusi neoneun say goodbye
Naneun nunchido eobsi
Hangsang ne gyeote isseul julman arasseo


“Who is there?” suddenly the singing stopped. L.Joe felt disappointed he wanted the mysterious girl to continue singing. It made him relax and let his mind free.

“I’m sorry,” he stepped out. It’s the blind girl?

“Um…it’s okay,” Mari tried to smiled her brightest. L.Joe was taken back and he notice something was off with her smile.

 “Do you want to be friends?” he choked out and that caught Mari by surprised. Why would he want to be friends?

“I’m sorry,” she smiled weakly. What?! She doesn’t want to be friends with me too!!!

“Why?”

“I…”  Mari grabbed her white cane and ran out. I’m sorry, kind person.

L.Joe stood there shock. He didn’t know what to do. Mari was the first person to ever reject him. She called me kind? Doesn’t she know I’m that bastard from this morning? Oh yeah…she’s blind. Her smile wasn’t like any other smiles. The smile seem as though she had been through a lot of pain.

L.Joe sigh, he failed today but he won’t give up.

 

Mari was running she didn’t know why that person wants to be her friend. Did he hear me sing?

She made her way back to class, it was empty as usual. Little did she know, L.Joe was standing by the door observing her.

L.Joe stood there examining her, silently trying not to make any sound.

Mari tripped over her own foot and stumble on the ground. What way should I approach her? Should I use my usual playboy ways to get her or something else? L.joe was confused as ever. He always had his ways with girls but this blind one is confusing him. Looking back at Mari L.Joe felt the urge to help her.

Mari was trying to search for her white cane with her hands. And right now she is failing to do so. Where is it?!

“Do you need help?” a voice broke the silence in the room. I thought I was the only one in the room.

“No thanks,” she said and continued searching.

“Here,” L.Joe handed Mari her white cane. She snatched it from him.

“Thank you,” Mari then continues counting her steps to her desk. Why is this so hard?!

 


A/N: Hope this chapter isn't boring?